Any recommendations?

IbizaNath

Into Hard Trance and Hard House back in the day. I know it's not that popular nowadays, but what is the modern version of this style? We're open minded and up for trying new stuff, but it needs to have a bit of 'hardness' to it, a bit of pace and a good beat, if you get what I mean. We are off to see PVD and Fatboy in Amnesia, but there's another 6 days to cater for.

Thanks in advance

Into Hard Trance and Hard House back in the day. I know it's not that popular nowadays, but what is the modern version of this style? We're open minded and up for trying new stuff, but it needs to have a bit of 'hardness' to it, a bit of pace and a good beat, if you get what I mean. We are off to see PVD and Fatboy in Amnesia, but there's another 6 days to cater for.

Thanks in advance

What dates are you going? There's only really a small small amount these days, and that's usually during the Xstatic Ibiza week in September.
You'll be hard pressed to find anything other than that to be honest that is as hard as those genres.

What dates are you going? There's only really a small small amount these days, and that's usually during the Xstatic Ibiza week in September.
You'll be hard pressed to find anything other than that to be honest that is as hard as those genres.

Hi Ikoda. We're there from 21st June. Doesn't have to be as hard as those styles, what is close-ish? Like I said, we're pretty open to anything, but it needs to have a bit if menace about it! What are these coccoon nights like?

a lot of parties play techno and/or tech house these days.

cocoon is techno mostly - when sven plays it's sometimes pretty melodic actually. I'd give it a try :)

@IbizaNath check-out Afterlife's soundcloud, particularly their Voyage mix series. This is where melodic music is in 2017. There's some trance influence in there for sure. Yet to be confirmed I believe, but looks like this party is heading to Vista at Privilege by all accounts. I guess if they stay on Thursday nights, then that is no use to you as you're already hitting up Cream.

Also check-out some Solomun sets on soundcloud. His BPM Jungle sets are all solid and I think there's some set on there from Ibiza too. Quite a mixed bag, but melodic for sure in places.

thought about mentioning afterlife, but then again it's much much slower than what hard trance / hard house used to be.

solomun might be a good shot though.

Thanks for the tips gents. Did have a pretty good listen to the Afterlife Voyage mixes. Number 2 for me was really good. @Ikoda, couldn't play the full length of all the tracks, but what I heard was cool. Not so keen on Solomun, maybe need to listen to more tho.

I am used to a little more BPM, but hey, got to try some new sh1t innit!!!!!

Thanks for the tips gents. Did have a pretty good listen to the Afterlife Voyage mixes. Number 2 for me was really good. @Ikoda, couldn't play the full length of all the tracks, but what I heard was cool. Not so keen on Solomun, maybe need to listen to more tho.

I am used to a little more BPM, but hey, got to try some new sh1t innit!!!!!

Yeah, music has slowed down over the years.
Keep an eye for guys likes Chris Liebing - He can play some decent stuff. https://www.mixcloud.com/chrisliebingofficial/amfm-105/
Big fan of his stuff at present.

I'm a trance guy by definition by the way.
Love Hard Trance & Hard House myself as well, but it's rare you see it anywhere these days.

Some Trance from the likes of Bryan Kearney, for example, can be more aggressive than a lot of Hard Trance from way back when.

Will have a listen mate, nice one.

Strange how it has slowed down, surprised that there isn't more out there to be honest.

I'm actually off to KOKO in Camden in May, frantic are hosting their 20th anniversary. Lisa Lashes, Andy Farley, Phil Reynolds, Signum. Plus others. Haven't been on a large one for nearly 10 years!!! Tidy Boys playing in my car at the mo to get in the mood.... Don't worry, I'll be playing some Ibiza large ones too!!!

By the way, when people say more 'underground', what do they actually mean? Darker, unknown and new stuff i guess yeah?

Darker clothing,v neck sweaters ect..:) go to one of the Scottish pubs in san an they might know of something small happening, you'll find plenty of hard dance fan there if so..

Will have a listen mate, nice one.

Strange how it has slowed down, surprised that there isn't more out there to be honest.

I'm actually off to KOKO in Camden in May, frantic are hosting their 20th anniversary. Lisa Lashes, Andy Farley, Phil Reynolds, Signum. Plus others. Haven't been on a large one for nearly 10 years!!! Tidy Boys playing in my car at the mo to get in the mood.... Don't worry, I'll be playing some Ibiza large ones too!!!

I may see you there, I've a wedding either side of Frantic, but I'm determined to make it to Frantic. :lol: It's one of my favourite London venues.

Large parts of music are tied to the supplies people take on nights out. Things like wonk work better with minimal sounds and speed, so that has a huge impact on music produced.

Scottish pubs in the west end may not be a bad shout actually. The Highlander could be a good shout for that.
If you want trance, and trance that is a bit faster paced, check out Tropi in the West End.

Do it mate, you know you want to! Not done a Frantic night, going with my sis who lives in London. Epic by all accounts. Last large one for me was Tidy Boys, Dance Academy Plymouth on new year's Eve, around 2006 i think.

See what you mean with typical accessories in today's clubs. I guess it's far easier to get hold of that too. Been in the K hole before, much prefer to be exhilarated in a more positive way i must admit!!!

Seen Tropi mentioned a couple times, a few other here recommend to me on other threads. I think we'll do that place on a more low key 'early night' nights out!

Do it mate, you know you want to! Not done a Frantic night, going with my sis who lives in London. Epic by all accounts. Last large one for me was Tidy Boys, Dance Academy Plymouth on new year's Eve, around 2006 i think.

See what you mean with typical accessories in today's clubs. I guess it's far easier to get hold of that too. Been in the K hole before, much prefer to be exhilarated in a more positive way i must admit!!!

Seen Tropi mentioned a couple times, a few other here recommend to me on other threads. I think we'll do that place on a more low key 'early night' nights out!

Good place to go for the Cream Pre Party if you're staying in San An. I've played Tropi a few times, it's always a fun night.
Be warned, their pints of vodka and coke will ruin you. :lol:

Been to a few Frantics now at Koko, I try and make it there when I can.

Staying in Bossa, Club Bahamas. Will make the trek from there after utilising the All inclusive offerings! Any good pre Amnesia bars in PDB? Is there a main hub for Amnesia goers?

Back