Any one heard of Apartamentos Rosello?

Gypsy Rose Lee

They're on the track that leads from the north end of Figueretas Beach over the hill down to Ibiza town. Has any one stayed there or knows anyone that's stayed there? They look ok, but you can never be sure? Thanks.:D

Gypsy Rose Lee said:
They're on the track that leads from the north end of Figueretas Beach over the hill down to Ibiza town. Has any one stayed there or knows anyone that's stayed there? They look ok, but you can never be sure? Thanks.:D

Really? Surely you can forsee what your stay will be like?:lol:

(Sorry;). Don't know the place I'm afraid)

never stayed there but.....

They're on the track that leads from the north end of Figueretas Beach over the hill down to Ibiza town.
believe it or not that dirty track is also part of c. ramón muntaner, a long street which actually finishes next to the old warhol. the location is perfect if you want to stay in a quiet place within ibiza town (the same with mar blau, which is owned by the same family)!! :idea:

34npd7p.jpg

btw, as you might know the sneaky little beach in front is very popular among gays. last time i stopped there i saw four guys in the little rock in front of the beach erm, shhhwwiiiinnnnggggggggg hardy har hard ho. nothing wrong with that except there were various families with kids taking a walk along the cost..... and even taking pictures!! :eek: :lol: :eek:

3ydjgq8.jpg
3zgjh3p.jpg

another fascinating snippit Mcerrr

I always used to stay at Rosello. The apparts are great, the views are sublime, it's really peaceful yet close to centre of town.

Owner Toni is true gent. Though there is no connection with Mar Blau (bros who don't get on...big family feud I think).

Interestingly I think Mar Blau was poss the site of first dance club in Ibiza, back in late 50 / 60s. What was the name?!

Interestingly I think Mar Blau was poss the site of first dance club in Ibiza, back in late 50 / 60s. What was the name?!
the discoteca was called mar blau like the hostal (different owner though) but it was located in front, where they built in recent years that complex of ocher/brown apartments. the club, the only one back then, was open air.....

McRememberin

4u9wo5x.jpg

copyright.gif
webshots

related thread:
:arrow: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=27633

fascinating. When I first stayed at Rosello, in 1999 there was still what vaguely looked like part of old club, a semi-circular (?) concrete structure in advanced state of decay. It was close to aparts you mention, above a non official car park/waste ground at the end of c/Ramon Muntaner. Could this have been the site of first club in ibiza?

I can also remember stumbling across a sign, an entrance to the club poss, close to entrance as you approach Mar Blau hotel.

Not that I was rustling in the bushes in that part of Ibiza of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
when it first opened, in 1951 (!), the sala de fiestas mar blau was located in what now is the terrace of the hostal (overlooking p.d.b./etc). as there was 3 rooms just next the authorities thought it was a kind-of-brothel like other similar salas de fiestas in spain (first boogie-boogie with some belgian chicas, then shagga-shagga :lol:) so they had to move a bit further down (where now you find the new complex of apartments).....

on a curious note, juan (the owner of the hostal) started working at the sala de fiestas the 3rd day after its opening cleaning glasses. as he was still a wee boy he had to stand on a box for a few years so he could reach the sink ! !

1468219055_323b2063be.jpg

copyright.gif
flickr

When I first stayed at Rosello, in 1999 there was still what vaguely looked like part of old club, a semi-circular (?) concrete structure in advanced state of decay. It was close to aparts you mention, above a non official car park/waste ground at the end of c/Ramon Muntaner. Could this have been the site of first club in ibiza?
no :!:

6z927bq.jpg

ico_copyright.gif
webshots

Back