Any ideas on Family friendly venues/bars opening for 2020?

charlotte130x

First off - i hope this is in the right thread, couldnt decide between this and the clubbing apologies if not.
Bit of background - My partner and I are frequent Ibiza goers. We have been numerous times with and without my son and have our usual favourite places to visit, our last visit was this time 2 years ago. Normally when we go with my son we stay in Santa Eularia and visit Sa Trinxa, Las Dalias for Acid Sundays and the usual trips to sunset strip.

Giving the rules were relaxed yesterday for UK travellers we have booked for the 12 July, only 4 nights and thought it was best to stay in San An given it was likely to be a bit more open, my son's coming as well and he's 6.

Any suggestions of places that may be open where we can go and listen to a DJ, have a few drinks and just enjoy a nice chilled out evening, a bit of dancing would be a bonus (adhering to social distancing rules of course) I have no idea what's open/planning to open. Keeping an eye on Sa Trinxas FB page and looks likely they will be opening but no confirmed date. Nothing much for Las Dalias yet. Needs to be somewhere child friendly, I have no problems travelling out from San An. Actually, on that note... are the busses running as normal?

We know it will be different to our normal Ibiza holidays, but a touch of something we are used to would be fantastic.

Thank you ?

First off - i hope this is in the right thread, couldnt decide between this and the clubbing apologies if not.
Bit of background - My partner and I are frequent Ibiza goers. We have been numerous times with and without my son and have our usual favourite places to visit, our last visit was this time 2 years ago. Normally when we go with my son we stay in Santa Eularia and visit Sa Trinxa, Las Dalias for Acid Sundays and the usual trips to sunset strip.

Giving the rules were relaxed yesterday for UK travellers we have booked for the 12 July, only 4 nights and thought it was best to stay in San An given it was likely to be a bit more open, my son's coming as well and he's 6.

Any suggestions of places that may be open where we can go and listen to a DJ, have a few drinks and just enjoy a nice chilled out evening, a bit of dancing would be a bonus (adhering to social distancing rules of course) I have no idea what's open/planning to open. Keeping an eye on Sa Trinxas FB page and looks likely they will be opening but no confirmed date. Nothing much for Las Dalias yet. Needs to be somewhere child friendly, I have no problems travelling out from San An. Actually, on that note... are the busses running as normal?

We know it will be different to our normal Ibiza holidays, but a touch of something we are used to would be fantastic.

Thank you ?
Sure you’ve considered it already, but you know that as things stand, you’ll technically need to quarantine for a fortnight when you get back?

Thank you ?
That new bambukukukuku place is aimed at your type of crew I think. How about Reggae Reggae Beach too maybe? Not been myself, but might be nicer with things being a bit quieter.

Not 100% sure on how child friendly, but maybe Pikes too?

That new bambukukukuku place is aimed at your type of crew I think. How about Reggae Reggae Beach too maybe? Not been myself, but might be nicer with things being a bit quieter.

Taste has gone out of the window, anywhere with an atmosphere that will accept a child on the premises is fine at this point. Thanks for suggestions, reggae beach is a really good shout! I'll have a look to see if i can find an age limit.

Taste has gone out of the window, anywhere with an atmosphere that will accept a child on the premises is fine at this point. Thanks for suggestions, reggae beach is a really good shout! I'll have a look to see if i can find an age limit.
Think you’ll be fine, plus can get the boat from San An to add a bit more special to it

Thank you ?
I like Chiringuito Blue in Santa Eularia. Good food, nice place, DJ and kids club (my daughters are 8 & 10)

I like Chiringuito Blue in Santa Eularia. Good food, nice place, DJ and kids club (my daughters are 8 & 10)
I've had a look but they are on Facebook saying Family weekends are Sat and Sun only, we arrive late Sunday and fly back Thursday. Do you know if kids are allowed just on the premises outside of weekends? Don't mind the kids club not being open, just somewhere to eat, drink chill as a family would be lovely. I'm not sure how I've never come across this place before!

I've had a look but they are on Facebook saying Family weekends are Sat and Sun only, we arrive late Sunday and fly back Thursday. Do you know if kids are allowed just on the premises outside of weekends? Don't mind the kids club not being open, just somewhere to eat, drink chill as a family would be lovely. I'm not sure how I've never come across this place before!
No problem, we went on a tuesday. During weekends they have more kids activities. I can highly recommend the sashimi and the new style salade nicoise... ?

No problem, we went on a tuesday. During weekends they have more kids activities. I can highly recommend the sashimi and the new style salade nicoise... ?

We love Santa Eularia and did plan on spending a day there given we could find places open. This sounds perfect!! We absolutely love Punta Carretas Ranch Bar in Santa Eularia for the most incredible steak and cocktails, probably the best restaurant ive ever eaten in actually. Hoping that might be open when we go back, happy to spend loads of time on that part of the Island.

Just had a look at that new Bam Bu Ku place. I'm not a fan of the O beach scene, but it looks okay for what we are after. €150 minimum spend for a bed for the 3 of us. No reviews on Trip Advisor yet but might check it out. Don't mind the steep price if the food and sangria is good.

I can imagine Bam Bu Ku being like an episode of The mini pops.. showing my age here..

Last edited:
I can imagine Bam By Ku being like an episode of The mini pops.. showing my age here..
Haha I admit I had to Google that.

I might give it a whirl, looks good fun for the little one with the flow rider. I'll have to put my thoughts on a place full of posers owned by Mr Lineker to the one side for it, hopefully it won't be that busy and I won't leave with an eating disorder after being surrounded by skinny girls in bikinis all day... sure the fella will be alright with that though ??

We love Santa Eularia and did plan on spending a day there given we could find places open. This sounds perfect!! We absolutely love Punta Carretas Ranch Bar in Santa Eularia for the most incredible steak and cocktails, probably the best restaurant ive ever eaten in actually. Hoping that might be open when we go back, happy to spend loads of time on that part of the Island.
If you like Punta Carretas, and you're in SE, you have to go to Sa Carboneria.
Same owners, same quality, and a lovely patio.

Heading out on the 12th July, quarantine rules relaxed here in the UK so very excited today! Me and the fella are frequent Ibiza goers but would appreciate any recomendations to take the littleun with a good atmosphere! We have a few places already on our list but always open to suggestions. Also, are we okay just turning up to places or do we need to book tables? Its quite surreal heading out there under these circumstances - not quite sure what to expect.

Back