Amsterdam

Clara

Where's the best place to stay for a really special occassion? Looking at taking my other half there for his 30th at the end of the month.

Money not an issue. ;)

Why the shock? I know it's an Ibiza forum but people talk about other places. Sadly only have a weekend and neither of us can take the time off around it so need somewhere where we can leave Friday night and get back by Sunday night, so Ibiza's out of the question. Amsterdam is really the only place with flights at a suitable time from Glasgow and it's somewhere he loves and hasn't been in years.

Why the shock? I know it's an Ibiza forum but people talk about other places. Sadly only have a weekend and neither of us can take the time off around it so need somewhere where we can leave Friday night and get back by Sunday night, so Ibiza's out of the question. Amsterdam is really the only place with flights at a suitable time from Glasgow and it's somewhere he loves and hasn't been in years.

ive only been to the dam with trips not organised by me.

went with work and stayed at a place that i cant remember name of. was a good 30min walk to the centre tho.

arena hotel or something. nice place, more funky and functional than plush tho.

http://www.hotelarena.nl/

Where's the best place to stay for a really special occassion? Looking at taking my other half there for his 30th at the end of the month.

Money not an issue. ;)

Marbella, easyjet return flights from glasgow to malaga .... and a nice 5 star hotel ! ;)

Best hotel in Amsterdam is the Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky.

Always stay there, it is amazing and right on Dam Sq :)

We stayed in the Golden Tulip last time and quite enjoyed it. Our room wasn't especially large but we went for a special deal as it was New Years and prices were generally higher. They almost definitely have some larger rooms.

I remember walking by a hotel (as I look on a map, looks like it was the Crown Plaza) and thinking it looked quite nice. It's on a quieter street. The one that heads more southwest from the train station as opposed to the noisier street that runs straight south to the Dam.

We stayed in the Golden Tulip last time and quite enjoyed it. Our room wasn't especially large but we went for a special deal as it was New Years and prices were generally higher. They almost definitely have some larger rooms.

I remember walking by a hotel (as I look on a map, looks like it was the Crown Plaza) and thinking it looked quite nice. It's on a quieter street. The one that heads more southwest from the train station as opposed to the noisier street that runs straight south to the Dam.

a golden tulip....

sure that's not something you bought from the nice lady in the pink room by the canal?

Back