Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

From the bloke that complains the crowd is too young :lol:
Bloke?
BTW I've always defended that Ibiza should stay cheap enough for youngsters, cause new vibes always arise from them (if not, Ibiza will slowly become so tacky and VIP only, if not already).
My point was just, I personnaly (only me) don't belong with a too young crowd (25 y.o. or less). I've never wanted to look like an old idiot trying to hang around with kids...

Bloke?
BTW I've always defended that Ibiza should stay cheap enough for youngsters, cause new vibes always arise from them (if not, Ibiza will slowly become so tacky and VIP only, if not already).
My point was just, I personnaly (only me) don't belong with a too young crowd (25 y.o. or less). I've never wanted to look like an old idiot trying to hang around with kids...
Bloke = English term for a man.

Going round in circles but the vibe in Hi on an underground night and not so underground reminds me of the cheesy clubs back home. Half the people who are there don’t know why they are there. They are going for a night out and the awkwardness of not enjoying the music cos it’s not quite their taste shows when the crowd are not as up for it, dancing etc. I felt like this when I went to glitterbox at Hi, the music was shite and I felt like a prize Lemon not knowing what to do with myself.
It will take a lot to get me back in the place.

BTW I like Hï and it's not only about the production (actualy we were disapointed about the production, way way way under Omnia @ Las Veags). We loved crowd, sound system, Prydz and CamelPhat.

Please don’t bring Vegas into any discussion about good clubs.

Going round in circles but the vibe in Hi on an underground night and not so underground reminds me of the cheesy clubs back home. Half the people who are there don’t know why they are there. They are going for a night out and the awkwardness of not enjoying the music cos it’s not quite their taste shows when the crowd are not as up for it, dancing etc. I felt like this when I went to glitterbox at Hi, the music was shite and I felt like a prize Lemon not knowing what to do with myself.
It will take a lot to get me back in the place.

Shows how much opinions differ, I loved Glitterbox, best night of the holiday this year and it completely changed my opinion of Hi

Shows how much opinions differ, I loved Glitterbox, best night of the holiday this year and it completely changed my opinion of Hi

Glitterbox is hardly groundbreaking though. It’s just a house classic night.when you go to Ibiza you want to be blown away by Tracks you haven’t heard. Glitterbox shouldn’t be clubs leading night.to me it just shows how much things need to change.

Glitterbox is hardly groundbreaking though. It’s just a house classic night.when you go to Ibiza you want to be blown away by Tracks you haven’t heard. Glitterbox shouldn’t be clubs leading night.to me it just shows how much things need to change.

I’ve not been but house classics ia better than half the shite you hear ‘nowadays

I’ve not been but house classics ia better than half the shite you hear ‘nowadays

A house classics night can be played in any town or city across the uk. It’s past djs making an easy buck. I understand there’s a market for it. But should a so called leading club have a house classics night as it’s number 1 night? Things have changed for the worse.

If You go to a lot of clubs in Berlin or Amsterdam and you’ll hear music that blows you away. This is what you should expect if you go to Ibiza.

Can you imagine fabrics, number 1 night being a house classics night??

I’m glad people have a good time there but I just think ibiza clubs should be pushing new boundaries with their bookings.

A house classics night can be played in any town or city across the uk. It’s past djs making an easy buck. I understand there’s a market for it. But should a so called leading club have a house classics night as it’s number 1 night? Things have changed for the worse.

If You go to a lot of clubs in Berlin or Amsterdam and you’ll hear music that blows you away. This is what you should expect if you go to Ibiza.

Can you imagine fabrics, number 1 night being a house classics night??

I’m glad people have a good time there but I just think ibiza clubs should be pushing new boundaries with their bookings.

Personally couldn’t think of anywhere i’d rather hear the classics (Ibiza not Hi) as alot of them are known as ‘Ibiza classics’

and as for pushing boundaries we all know that doesn’t happen and when it does the nights fail - this is because of the sheep who turn up each year to hear the big tech house names season after season

Onyx and Maceos night are 2 examples i can think of recently which have tried booking different artists and both lasted 1 season. Hyte sort of has different artists to other nights and that’s not too popular either....

Clientele wise Berlin/Amsterdam - Ibiza are a million miles apart and the popular nights in all 3 places reflect this

Personally couldn’t think of anywhere i’d rather hear the classics (Ibiza not Hi) as alot of them are known as ‘Ibiza classics’

and as for pushing boundaries we all know that doesn’t happen and when it does the nights fail - this is because of the sheep who turn up each year to hear the big tech house names season after season

Onyx and Maceos night are 2 examples i can think of recently which have tried booking different artists and both lasted 1 season. Hyte sort of has different artists to other nights and that’s not too popular either....

Clientele wise Berlin/Amsterdam - Ibiza are a million miles apart and the popular nights in all 3 places reflect this

I agree the clientele are often different but I think clubs need to be pushing new talent rather than the same old.

Don’t get me wrong I Love my house music, but Todd Terry was on the decks and it was awful. No consistency in what he was playing, and this just gave me the ump. Could possibly have had a better night on another date I suppose. But if I’m honest I like hearing house music at weddings and birthdays. And when I’m in Ibiza i wanna hear the stuff I rarely get to hear at home.

Some DJs just end up playing big tracks in Ibiza maybe due to the high amount of ppl who come to the parties just cuz they're parties.

Case in point- I saw Jennifer Cardini at Dystopia and she played Patrice Baumel -Surge, Blade Runner Remix, DJ Hell- Guede (artbat remix). This could be due to her playing at Ushuaia but I dunno..it was completely different from when I saw her at Pacha for Mosiac 2016.

I hear DJs dropping Born Slippy all the time in my trips as well and other huge tracks. I don't mind, it's nice to hear stuff you know. But I also like hearing new stuff too. Not everyone has to chin stroke, and nothing wrong with hearing big choons

Back