Afterlife at Hï Ibiza

Discussion in 'Ibiza parties and clubs' started by james, Jul 4, 2018.

1. white_isle_calling

white_isle_calling Well-Known Member

@moesalama what date range are you considering?

2. moesalama

moesalama Member

was thinking 30th august for ben klock @ afterlife..

but were rethinking again & honestly we cant find one decent week which we can spend on the island.

3. mr_why

mr_why Well-Known Member

Resistance? Those line-ups are pretty damn good too...

4. moesalama

moesalama Member

i know but were looking for 2-3 parties during the week & we cant find a consistent week & after afterlife @ hi reviews i dont think well consider it as an option.

the best thing we can do is push it till mid september so theres a change in the overall island crowd.

5. soha

soha Active Member

Off topic but I'm loving that Hawtin vid from amnesia main room so much.
    I was there that night but spent it in the terrace for sven all nigh long. My fav night at cocoon ever

6. craig72

craig72 Well-Known Member

7. ziyanettin

ziyanettin New Member

To be honest, they are already huge... A bit ridiculous actually.

My best memories with Tale of Us is between 2013-2016. Good old life and death days, after this Afterlife propaganda started, their music became a bit, well its like i am hearing the same tunes for the last 2 years (although they are playing totally different tracks)..

Don't get me wrong, I really liked their party last year at Vista, had a great night in September with Ame and Tale of Us, i still enjoy their set from time to time. But for me they lost a bit of the creativity part. They are a huge business, props to them, well deserved. But i believe their music is becoming stale.

Is it possible to be huge and still do creative stuff and evolve, well, ToU can not touch Innervisions crew. (especially Dixon)

They do great line ups though, i really respect them and next year will probably stop by on a thursday.

The only thing i am afraid on the party is afterlife fans are becoming Eric Prydz fans...

MashkaNYC and lee111s like this.
  8. SBrown91

SBrown91 Well-Known Member

Unrealllll years for music. TOU and Art Department @ Digital in 2012 one of the best nights i’ve had

Nostalgic likes this.
  9. DCAmbrose

DCAmbrose Member

Have you listened to the new album?

10. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Excellent tracks. Love the thugf***er track

Heres another beauty

11. ziyanettin

ziyanettin New Member

Eeehmmm.. Which new album?

If you are talking about their classical music album, Endless, well its not really new isnt it being all last year and that... And the critics were not impressed (of that genre)

If you are talking about the new Afterlife album, realm of consciousness pt. 3 which has only one ToU track, its ok. There are like 2-3 very good tracks, rest is meeh.

12. DCAmbrose

DCAmbrose Member

This is all their new stuff on the upcoming album

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    SBrown91 likes this.
  13. ziyanettin

ziyanettin New Member

They put all their new album stuff on GTA V mix? Wow. Let me give it a go. How is it? =)

14. DCAmbrose

DCAmbrose Member

I still need to give it a full listen just heard bits from playing in the game but I definitely have liked it so far. Their more recent stuff I wasn't really digging (such as Nothing Around Us, Swallow and CDM remixes). But The Hangar and Monument were pretty great. I am looking forward to the Afterlife 24h ADE party.

15. Ian K

Ian K Active Member

that one definitely slipped under my radar....

SBrown91 likes this.
  16. cunninghamali

cunninghamali Well-Known Member

Any report's from yesterday ?

17. lee111s

lee111s Active Member

I’d guess similar to the last 6 weeks.

Good music, shit crowd. Too hot, bad sound.

jimmiz, soha, cunninghamali and 2 others like this.
  18. white_isle_calling

white_isle_calling Well-Known Member

Be interested to hear, as musically that club room line-up is the best they've ever put on. If Gerd, Ben & Modeselektor can't get them dancing, then nothing will.

lee111s likes this.
  19. Neo95gt

Neo95gt Active Member

From an Instagram standpoint, this party has looked the best of the season.

perrylgooner and soha like this.
  20. stivi

stivi Super Moderator Staff Member

this statement is just so wrong on so many levels!

jimmiz, craig72 and perrylgooner like this.