Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

Far better than Coccon for sure :D
Love of friendly peoplw there .
Don't know if ill go back with Isralian Techno squad.as I 've only attended Tou set .
5team pack..the max I ve succedeed to gather in a club is 4 people at Destino
2 Canadian 1 German girl

Not really a Cocoon fan either this year, obviously the move meant the lineup would be smaller to an almost Sven +1 situation. Not too fond of the new Pacha either. This was the first year when I was there that I didn't attend the party. Amnesia was the perfect venue for it in my opinion. I will hold out on further judgement till I eventually go but still upset about the move.

I won free tix to afterlife this past Thurs. Aurora Halal had a nice vibe going but there was no one there until closer to 1 AM when Fjaak started. Really amazing set. Then i went to see Ame in the theatre room. I recognized Butch - Countach. After I went back to the club room for Marcel Dettmann who killed it.

Last hour was spent in the theatre room for ToU when sounded good but was a stark contrast to the music being played in the Club Room. I recognized Maceos Blade Runner remix and they ended off with Mathame- Nothing around us. Theyve been ending off all their sets with this.

Both rooms were pretty busy as I expected them to be given the lineup. I like the change to Hï despite not getting that sunlight streaming in

Must admit I will happily hear any remix of Cafe Del Mar in any ibiza trip. Always gives me goosebumps. (Even if its no where near the original)

good man ferd. ditto. the original is such a classic i never get tired of it. i actually haven't heard the remix, but any nod to one of the top ibiza tunes of all time, is alright with me ;)

I won free tix to afterlife this past Thurs. Aurora Halal had a nice vibe going but there was no one there until closer to 1 AM when Fjaak started. Really amazing set. Then i went to see Ame in the theatre room. I recognized Butch - Countach. After I went back to the club room for Marcel Dettmann who killed it.

Last hour was spent in the theatre room for ToU when sounded good but was a stark contrast to the music being played in the Club Room. I recognized Maceos Blade Runner remix and they ended off with Mathame- Nothing around us. Theyve been ending off all their sets with this.

Both rooms were pretty busy as I expected them to be given the lineup. I like the change to Hï despite not getting that sunlight streaming in

Interesting report. Hope you had a good time. I’m going to miss afterlife this year but saw tou in Leeds two weeks ago and can’t see I ever think of them as peak time. And I speak as someone that likes progressive and epic (I know that’s not them but I’m referencing slower, building vibes).

I wish we saw more of dettman and klock in Ibiza but reports suggest they have both been reluctant to be a resident anywhere and I sense that boat may have sailed for them now (in a big club) with so much emerging talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
good man ferd. ditto. the original is such a classic i never get tired of it. i actually haven't heard the remix, but any nod to one of the top ibiza tunes of all time, is alright with me ;)
It’s pretty different to the original and any other remix but v much in the tou mould if you like that kind of thing.

the original kid paul/cosmic baby double sider on eye q was the one for me. Opened to my ears to a lot of euro. Time hasn’t been kind though (either to the records or me..)

I wish we saw more of dettman and klock in Ibiza but reports suggest they have both been reluctant to be a resident anywhere and I sense that boat may have sailed for them now (in a big club) with so much emerging talent.

I never saw them as someone renting out a villa in ibiza for the season and hanging around next to the pool with drinks when they're off duty :) more of the nerdy indoor kind of guys. And a weekly party and its promotion without actually staying here for the season would be pretty hard I think.

Proper techno has rarely worked in Ibiza has it? Certainly not as a night.

Discoteca at We Love usually had quite a bit but that’s all I really remember

Going on holiday to listen to techno is a bit like going to Dubai to go skiing, it's there and you can do it but it's fake as that Supreme shop in ibiza town..

I never saw them as someone renting out a villa in ibiza for the season and hanging around next to the pool with drinks when they're off duty :) more of the nerdy indoor kind of guys. And a weekly party and its promotion without actually staying here for the season would be pretty hard I think.
I couldn’t see them living on the island. But the commute to Berlin and back weekly is more than manageable. Question is which night? But as I say, I think that boat has sailed and it’s not a boat they ever wanted to be on from what I heard.

I couldn’t see them living on the island. But the commute to Berlin and back weekly is more than manageable. Question is which night? But as I say, I think that boat has sailed and it’s not a boat they ever wanted to be on from what I heard.

A shame, love Ben Klock. His set from Exit was class.... relentless.

Both on circoloco line up next week !

Must admit I will happily hear any remix of Cafe Del Mar in any ibiza trip. Always gives me goosebumps. (Even if its no where near the original)

I think there might me a difference in views depending if its your yearly trip over or if you live out there and hear it all the time.

I don’t mind the TOU version and like you said it’s always great hearing CDM on the Island. I remember Armin played it at 6am back in 09 in Amnesia as his last tune and it was one of those moments

anyone go last night? ended up there for a few hours myself so before I add my thoughts I wondered if anyone else has been and how it was for them

Back