Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

The Terrace/Club room thing...... If you blindfolded and kidnapped me, put me into the new room at Hi, took off blindfold and then asked where i was... i would have instantly said Space Terrace.

Really? How? The DJ Booth is totally different direction, the old Terraza bar is nothing like the one now. It’s now totally black. We will just have to agree to disagree.

The Terrace/Club room thing...... If you blindfolded and kidnapped me, put me into the new room at Hi, took off blindfold and then asked where i was... i would have instantly said Space Terrace.

Oh mate come on - I've only been to Hï once (at the opening party a few years back) but unless they've made some huge changes since then it's totally different. The DJ booth has changed, everything is silver and shiney as opposed to that distinct beautiful brickwork of the old terrace, the energy of the room has gone, the superb soundsystem has gone. They literally couldn't be more different IMO and that was far and away my favorite room at the old Space.

Oh mate come on - I've only been to Hï once (at the opening party a few years back) but unless they've made some huge changes since then it's totally different. The DJ booth has changed, everything is silver and shiney as opposed to that distinct beautiful brickwork of the old terrace, the energy of the room has gone, the superb soundsystem has gone. They literally couldn't be more different IMO and that was far and away my favorite room at the old Space.

I’ve only been once myself but my memory was that it was really similar. Maybe I’m talking rubbish but I was sure it wasn’t that different... I will report back in a couple of weeks

Planning to go to Hi for first time for Afterlife on 16th Aug. Any guesses what time KiNK will be on as my flight lands at 12:40am? I reckon I could get in there for 2am all being well. I am guessing he would be on around 3am with HVL and Scuba before him?

No way of being sure until set times are put out, but I think your logic is good. They have been posted in advance recently.

Just a quick update on the 13 July Afterlife. I went with a group who are not into Techno/Minimal etc. I managed to drag them to see Helena and she absolutely blew the doors off the place. It was totally unrelenting from start to finish. I loved it but have to say it was a little much for my group. After she finished we had intended to go to the other room to catch ToU but that changed as soon as Maceo came on. The first hour of his set was totally brilliant - mainly deep house stuff. Probably one of the best openings to a set I have seen ever. He then started moving into a more techno vibe and it got progressively heavier and heavier. We had intended to move into the main room for ToU but every time we considered it he kept pulling us back in. It felt like he was playing with a point a prove.

Odd - but good - how opinions differ so much. One of our Spotlight team - a huge self-confessed Maceo fan - actually felt he was having an off-day last week.

Odd - but good - how opinions differ so much. One of our Spotlight team - a huge self-confessed Maceo fan - actually felt he was having an off-day last week.
Interesting - that's the best thing about music right. The opening was certainly the best part but overall it was a great set IMO.

Your substances for the night and your reaction to those have a huge impact on how you view a set! So it may not be a case of Maceo having an off night or an extremely good night but more you having a good turn or bad turn on the disco biscuits:lol:

Just a quick update on the 13 July Afterlife. I went with a group who are not into Techno/Minimal etc. I managed to drag them to see Helena and she absolutely blew the doors off the place. It was totally unrelenting from start to finish. I loved it but have to say it was a little much for my group. After she finished we had intended to go to the other room to catch ToU but that changed as soon as Maceo came on. The first hour of his set was totally brilliant - mainly deep house stuff. Probably one of the best openings to a set I have seen ever. He then started moving into a more techno vibe and it got progressively heavier and heavier. We had intended to move into the main room for ToU but every time we considered it he kept pulling us back in. It felt like he was playing with a point a prove.

Helena Hauff was destroying that place. Was amazing. I actually recorded a few clips on my phone (probably first time I’ve done that since 2007).... but was brilliant.

I really really think that Club Room at Afterlife could become musically one of the best nights on the island as the season develops. People just need to give it a chance.

What's the sound system like in that (the Club) room? Heard bad things about it last year - have they improved it?

I never went last year, so hard to say. I went with such low expectations and I thought it was OK. Though they could put more bass on it. With the dynamics of that room now you could put a “loud professional” type sound system in it (like DC10).

BUT that would probably only work with Afterlife, so that probably isn’t suitable for the other 6 nights of programming they have there.

Last edited:
I never went last year, so hard to say. I went with such low expectations and I thought it was OK. Though they could put more bass on it. With the dynamics of that room now you could put a “loud professional” type sound system in it (like DC10).

BUT that would probably only work with Afterlife, so that probably isn’t suitable for the other 6 nights of programming they have there.

that's an interesting observation - i've never thought about it from that point of view - the sound system would need to change to accommodate the different styles played. space never really had that problem ;)

if u got friends whom are not into techno its better to keep them with maceo plex :cool:

Helena Hauff was destroying that place. Was amazing. I actually recorded a few clips on my phone (probably first time I’ve done that since 2007).... but was brilliant.

I really really think that Club Room at Afterlife could become musically one of the best nights on the island as the season develops. People just need to give it a chance.

with the line ups they have thats for sure.

but some days u got to be a heavy techno listener to go into the club room.

Back