Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

james

Administrator
Staff member
i went out last thursday for the first time this season to afterlife opening at hï ibiza.

mammoth line up - dixon, maceo plex, tale of us - each one a headliner in their own right. quite frankly it was brilliant. music was top notch. really busy, but always room to dance - just like Space you could always find some space near or on the dancefloor. i really like the low dj in the main room - makes it a surprisingly intimate vibe for the main room.

i konw there's been a lot of polemic about the water prices in hï. a bottle costs 12 eur. BUT, it's 0.5l and is really nice water. in other clubs they charge 7/8 eur for 0.25l. honestly it's as good value as anywhere and better than some. just my 2c :)

i think afterlife will smash it this year - proper underground line ups. if you are still pining over Space - get over yourself and give afterlife a chance ;)

i konw there's been a lot of polemic about the water prices in hï. a bottle costs 12 eur. BUT, it's 0.5l and is really nice water. in other clubs they charge 7/8 eur for 0.25l. honestly it's as good value as anywhere and better than some. just my 2c :)

Last year they where smaller, I'd say around 250ml (similar to pacha) 0.5l is a bit better for the price, but same size bottles are €8/9 across the road in ushuaia. Must be extra shipping costs :lol:

i went out last thursday for the first time this season to afterlife opening at hï ibiza.

mammoth line up - dixon, maceo plex, tale of us - each one a headliner in their own right. quite frankly it was brilliant. music was top notch. really busy, but always room to dance - just like Space you could always find some space near or on the dancefloor. i really like the low dj in the main room - makes it a surprisingly intimate vibe for the main room.

i think afterlife will smash it this year - proper underground line ups. if you are still pining over Space - get over yourself and give afterlife a chance ;)
Completely echo this opinion! Absolultey class night indeed and can’t wait to come back for the closing! Can see this night putting Hi well and truly up with the big boys now

Can't wait for this night...gonna do two of em, July 26th and Aug 2nd

Do they still have a DJ in the bathroom too? Lol

Can't wait for this night...gonna do two of em, July 26th and Aug 2nd

Do they still have a DJ in the bathroom too? Lol
They didn’t at the opening so I’d say no, back to basics by the looks of it! No big theatrics either just very good dark lighting, djs more or less ground level, and the upside down hanging man

Where was the dj booth in theatre room, in the back ? in the heights?as usual or they downer the dj booth and 20m back as they do for opening 18 ? with people more close to dj as same level

@Nobbie Q i may go aug 2nd as july 26th i need a chill out night :D (Hotel pikes? Lio?) and aug 2nd if i found no mates for Lio Ego manumission (going to lio solo? :rolleyes: no Way! ) and all best spotlight (5 blokes) mates on the island that day :cool: with 3-4 going to Afterlife for sure

@Nobbie Q i may go aug 2nd as july 26th i need a chill out night :D (Hotel pikes? Lio?) and aug 2nd if i found no mates for Lio Ego manumission (going to lio solo? :rolleyes: no Way! ) and all best spotlight (5 blokes) mates on the island that day :cool: with 3-4 going to Afterlife for sure

26th is the better day of the two but yeah I'll be there for both

Really, i ll see once there... as i'm open to any event that day , I was just wondering how was Cosmic pineapple party...maybe some hotel pikes? ( u ll have free ride from pikes to Hi :cool:) then Afterlife around 3h00am or even b4 02h00am if party at pikes doesnt kicks out
Aug 2nd, should be Lio Manumission + Afterlife as best soulmate on the island :p, No soulmate, only Afterlife :confused:

They didn’t at the opening so I’d say no, back to basics by the looks of it! No big theatrics either just very good dark lighting, djs more or less ground level, and the upside down hanging man
thats what i liked about it, no 'stage' for the superstar dj's just great music and no mega brightness..perfect

I don't doubt afterlife will be a success but people will always wish space was there. It was the Rolls Royce of clubs and has been replaced by a Vegas style Ford Mustang. A club which isn't as good as the club before it. There's not one thing bout Hi that's better than Space and believe people will always believe this.

The refurbishment of Pacha has gone someway to making up for the loss of Space but that void will never been filled. The refurbishment of Pacha has been a success, the refurbishment Space into Hi wasn't.

Back