Afterlife 2017

el_loco

It's here (source: twitter)

Jamie Jones and Maceo Plex maybe the only surprises.
quality techno names

C8uwEPJXYAAMVet.jpg

Very surprised Jamie Jones is on this! Personally he dosnt fit this night at all or does he have a different side to him?

I remember he was also dropped from last years lineups at space mid-season (he was supposed to play twice in september), so maybe something happened there...

I wonder how this will work at vista when the sun goes up?

Agree pretty much with everyone as expected with the lineup. I dont really understand why Tale of Us would go after Maceo or JJ to play their night as i dont really see how it makes sense for either side of the agreement. As I almost always opt for nights with Innervisions involvement, I think Unusual Suspects is the stronger choice overall for Thursday this year.

Agree pretty much with everyone as expected with the lineup. I dont really understand why Tale of Us would go after Maceo or JJ to play their night as i dont really see how it makes sense for either side of the agreement. As I almost always opt for nights with Innervisions involvement, I think Unusual Suspects is the stronger choice overall for Thursday this year.
Wouldn't surprise me if JJ and Maceo have an agreement with ToU that they will play at Paradise and Mosaic respectively. Unusual Suspect for me personally is the better night but they are total different nights so cant really be compared

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me if JJ and Maceo have an agreement with ToU that they will play at Paradise and Mosaic respectively.

Could prove to be true, just not a decision that makes sense to me, why bother unless it's just something that they want to play at the respective venues of each other's parties. I dont particularly envision anyone who wants to go to Afterlife excited to catch Jamie Jones, for me, it would make me skip altogether most likely. I feel the same regarding Maceo although i know he is more widely liked, but that's just my take.

Maybe they want to make sure they get the punters in the door.
A half full Ku is a sad sight

Could prove to be true, just not a decision that makes sense to me, why bother unless it's just something that they want to play at the respective venues of each other's parties. I dont particularly envision anyone who wants to go to Afterlife excited to catch Jamie Jones, for me, it would make me skip altogether most likely. I feel the same regarding Maceo although i know he is more widely liked, but that's just my take.
Yeah I think this is simply a fact they probably all get on and asked if each other want to play their events. I agree on Jamie being abit strange playing for Afterlife but ToU playing paradise seems normal enough and as for Maceo I think he fits quite well and ToU would fit Mosaic rather well so don't find that strange at all imo + like others have said they are big names that will draw crowds so makes sense from a marketing point of view. Remeber a lot of people don't know what's what and seeing Jamie Jones on a line up will sell tickets regardless of anything else

I'm pretty sure Jamie is quite capable of mixing his sets up; he won't go into an Afterlife night at Vista and smash out an upbeat Paradise set.

But I agree on paper it doesn't look right; but like people have said you wouldn't bat an eyelid at seeing TOU on a Paradise lineup.

the bottom line is do these guys play the kind of records you want to hear

and for me Kink, Mathew Jonson and Tinman (and Dixon) all play fantastic music, which I can't recommend enough

i haven't heard of most of the others but my guess is there will be a lot of similarly druggy energy coming through those speakers

JJ gets a lot of attention because he's turned into a bit of a celebrity but I think here he would be expected to take it way deeper than your usual hot creations house-lite

Back