Afterhours / Day Clubbing

Rafal

Ok so in terms of afterhours are there any new afterhours?

Does Space afterhours have a particular day when it is very busy -- or are all days the same?

What about Bora Bora? Is there one day of the week when it is busier than normal?

Thanks.

2006 will be interesting given the recent crackdown on licensing.

Dc10 have moved their opening time on Monday morning forward to 8am. Last year it got very busy in August from midday on.

In 2005 Space was very busy with several thousand arriving on Saturday mornings for Matinee. It peaked around 2-3pm.

Sunday there was a bit of a bump before midday, but it got busy from 4pm-ish and peaked from 10pm till midnight.

Tuesday Manumission's Carry On got a few hundred inside from 9am on, but peaked after 10am when the sunset terrace opened.

In Bed With Space on Wednesday got some on the terrace from 11am-ish on.

La Troya's after party, Fake, became averagely busy from 10am when the terrace opened.

What's Up? got quite a few inside the discoteca at around 8am - 9am, but not so many when the terrace opened.

Bora Bora is usually busy when Space is.

Fantastic. Many thanks! From what time does Bora Bora start getting an "up for it" plane waving vibe? I've been there on a couple of occasions when the crowd was thin on the ground because we were too early but I can't remember what time the place takes off.

Cheers

Rafal said:
Fantastic. Many thanks! From what time does Bora Bora start getting an "up for it" plane waving vibe? I've been there on a couple of occasions when the crowd was thin on the ground because we were too early but I can't remember what time the place takes off.

Cheers

3.15pm. That's when the buses of specially trained party tourists arrive.

In my experience Bora Bora is at its best Sunday evenings from about 3pm onwards.
And Space is definatley the daddy of all aftehours clubs!! again, my fav being Sunday evenings.

agree with mick that bora bora is generally busy when space is but before/during/after/whenever (?:lol: ) WLS and then the carry-on after carry-on on tuesday were always lots of fun.

Pee182 said:
Is carry on at space any good what sort of music does it play?

It's great! Much more compact than Manumission. There's no official theatrical program so it's more focussed on the music.

They get the djs they've had on the night before + their residents so it can get a bit random. But you're likely to hear punk, funk, electro, house, techno, pop and rock.

Trance and r'n'b are unlikely to feature.

ruth said:
In my experience Bora Bora is at its best Sunday evenings from about 3pm onwards.
And Space is definatley the daddy of all aftehours clubs!! again, my fav being Sunday evenings.

Thanks Ruth. I always think of Bora Bora as an after-after hours. Last time I was there was in September 2004 -- the very day before the music died! It was only the second day of our week long holiday so you can imagine how p*ssed off we were! Particularly as when we returned the next day we brought a gang of around 6 or 7 Ibiza virgins whom we bumped into on the beach and whom we knew from London. We told them that they would have an amazing time at Bora Bora and made them make the long trek -- only to be faced with the dire sight of a silent Bora Bora and clubbers sitting around looking lost! Here's me dancing in the last hours of that final, fateful day -- it's been two years and I'm dying to return:
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/member.php?u=10142

Dr Mick said:
Trance and r'n'b are unlikely to feature.

well, it might have been a big exception, but when i went to manu carry-on last july, there was one dj who played a proper trance set inside :eek: not that i bother, but i was quite surprised - not the music you expect inside space at 10am :lol:

nostrum said:
well, it might have been a big exception, but when i went to manu carry-on last july, there was one dj who played a proper trance set inside :eek: not that i bother, but i was quite surprised - not the music you expect inside space at 10am :lol:

i know the point you're making doc in that pretty much anything goes at carry-on but i think i'd include trance in that. john kelly was resident a few years back and would regularly play trance on the terrace although i admit it didn't go down to well......................also he was trolleyed every week which was a source of constant amusement to the terrace punters:lol:

nostrum said:

I've often heard trance inside @ Manumission Carry On and even Matinee, one of the inside ressies there seems to have Southern Sun as his signature tune :lol:

Ok, busted. I admit I've seldom if ever been inside the discoteca on a Tuesday morning and from the sounds of it they bash out the trance on a semi-regular basis.

Can anybody recall any incidence of r'n'b and make me look really stupid?

Alfredo played 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' by Whitney Houston once but that was a house remix.

Related fact: I wear a pink 'Whitney Has A Posse' t-shirt.

colin peters (name check?) who is 8) 8) and who i recall playing some really eclectic/balearic sets as the sun came up in the coco loco, once played de la soul and chaka khan's 'All Good?' towards the end of one carry-on session, in fact it may have been the last record before the club closed.

trumped doctor:p

Last edited by a moderator:
grego said:
colin peters (name check?) who is 8) 8) and who i recall playing some really eclectic/balearic sets as the sun came up in the coco loco, once played de la soul and chaka khan's 'All Good?' towards the end of one carry-on session, in fact it may have been the last record before the club closed.

trumped doctor:p

First Whitney's paraphenalia and now this.

My world is falling apart around me.

I named my rabbit after Bobby Brown when I was 7.

He got his leg chopped off in a front-door/back-door draught disaster :'(

Back