Advice for an old Veteran

Leanna1981

Hi everyone!

I’m new here and hoping for a bit of advice.

I love Ibiza and visited a couple of times every year in my 20s including working a season in 2002. I used to really know my way around and how to best optimise a short time on the island.

We got into a bit of a holiday routine of visiting Sundays @ Space, Circo Loco & Cream with slightly more civilised nights out in Ibiza town mixed in and occasional visits to Cocoon or different nights at El Divino.

Anyway, last time we went was in 2010 - it was the year they stopped Space opening until about 6pm & when we got there it was pretty much filled with Brits instead of the beautiful, international crowd it had always pulled in the past. Circoloco was much the same (although slightly better) and Cream was just full of scallys. Fortunately Cocoon was awesome! Something had changed and a lot of my friends decided Ibiza had lost its sparkle. I’m sure that’s not true, and it’s just evolved while we were stuck in our routine.

Anyway, my best mate is planning a long weekend for her 40th this year and I’m looking for advice on what to do/when to go -

Late May bank holiday used to signify the Space opening party and the start of the season - do the clubs still open then now that Space has gone? If we go that weekend are half the clubs on the island still closed?

Where do you recommend we go? I get the impressing Ushuaia is pretty poncy/commercial - at home we love the dirty underground clubs/warehouse parties. Techno, house, electro & Trance. While I’m sure Ushuaia is perfect for some I’m not sure it is for us...

Thanks for your advice guys!!

Like your friends a lot of people think Ibiza has lost a bit of its appeal. Myself included. With that said though there are still options for us older types.

Id agree Ushuaia might not be your thing if its the darker side you like.

Sankey's venue wise might be a bit more appealing.

DC10 is still worth the visit as the garden offers a little bit of the old open air clubbing till around midnight and always pulls a decent crowd.

Hi where space was has a mixed review so cant really comment. Id be biased as i loved Space back in the day so i wont comment.

Personally above all them i would check out Pikes. Some great parties there on the right night with a much better audience and our age group. Ibiza of yesteryear i would say.

Also Underground on the right night is a good idea. A good mix of locals and music lovers rather than the "other".

Even Boutique Hostal Salinas if you are around that way throw the occasional good party.

I will say dont go in hope of re-union from the past. It has changed, quite a lot. You will have a great time im sure though.

Enjoy.

Thanks Moondust - that’s really helpful. I’ve only ever been to Ubderground for a few drinks on my way to Amnesia, and never been to Pikes. I’m from Mcr so Sankeys is a brand I know & love

late may Groove odyssey events is the answer
their boat parties are the best ive attended with float the boat
22218464_1220958458008481_3041519844843425768_o.jpg

add Ims dalt villa may 25th, Heart ibiza parties, Blue Marlin ibz on sunday, destino & free events at ibz harbor , woomoon parties,glitterbox at hi ibiza, vintage lio and all lio events, those ones that gather more older crowd but who cares about it as long music is good
Zoo project ibz is more than recommanded, been there 10+times this year , even ocean beach ibiza
i havent been to sankeys this year as ive done too many parties there ibz 16 but decent music n crowd there
ushuaia worth for opening n closing this year, i won t say same for previous years.

ps:ive done 50+ parties in ibz this year from may to oct, so i can claim to have feedbacks about ibz parties

I started clubbing in ibiza when it was as you described - lots of mixed nationalities at we love (daytime of course) and a fantastic mixture of lunatics at dc10. those times are gone sadly - there‘s no way around this fact.

generally it‘s more brits everywhere now and simply a litte less crazy. but that doesn‘t mean there aren‘t any good parties anymore.

circoloco is mostly still class musically. the crowd is different but you‘ll get used to it.

cocoon is still fantastic, both musically as well as from a crowd point of view.

events at pikes can be great - crowd is too english for my personal taste but I put up with it.

and then there are some other events which are very much worth attending. underground if you‘re lucky. keep on dancing parties. some villa parties.

I never experienced that harsh change as in the past 15 years I‘ve never missed a summer on the island, but I totally understand your point of view. accept the fact that it‘s an island and a scene that permanently evolves and that, above that, we are all getting one year older every year. things you loved a decade ago might not tickle your fancy anymore now. once you realise and accept that, you‘ll still have a brilliant time whenever you‘re in ibiza

Think about the Clockwork Orange Weekend in July if you can delay a few months and want to recapture a little of the old magic.

Old Skool Music might not be up to scratch but the atmosphere certainly will be...

Aren’t the Clockwork Orange parties full of the British people everyone seems to be avoiding? :D:D:D

Pacha still feels international, as does cocoon and Circoloco.

The same clubs have different nights that one day will be full of British and the next a better mix of nationalities!

Aren’t the Clockwork Orange parties full of the British people everyone seems to be avoiding? :D:D:D

Pacha still feels international, as does cocoon and Circoloco.

The same clubs have different nights that one day will be full of British and the next a better mix of nationalities!

Ignore me, i should've paid more attention to the OP.

It is a more mature, friendly relaxed crowd though.

It's not all Brits, us irish still regard ourselves as Europeans dontcha know ;)

Think it’s mostly all been said. Certainly Sunday at Pacha for Solomon sounds like a good fit for you. Quite a cosmopolitan crowd. Monday’s your are spoilt for choice with circo loco or cocoon. For trance at that time of the year head to tropi on the West End believe it or not. If Prydz starts up a lot earlier this year Tuesday at hi would be a fit. All that is dependant on these nights still happening it happening on the same night.

Heart crowd are mare authentic than Pacha , just saying...
Sunday night in ibz is everything but not solomun, too pricey & don't really worth unless keen on greasing that side of ibiza :rolleyes: (same for Music on on friday, keep on greasing them guys :D too much hype, for this? :mad:, i won't say ,same for cocoon prices that are fair, even though , i hate this party at amnesia :lol: (but still in for cocoon afterparty)
Anyone heard about Saga hosted by Bedouin on sunday? :lol:

ps: i will accept to pay only solomun closing as no other event that night, extended set until midday + other nice Djs such TOU closing 2017 :lol: but no way along summer neither opening

Last edited:
i was discussing Pikes last week with some music mates in London. I think the general fear is that it has got too big and too crowded on the big nights and too English. Maybe 30% know their shit but 70% are just casual tourists who know bugger all, but then I guess everybody is to blame cos we all have to shoot our bloody mouths off (moaned everyone and anyone since 1987...). I probably will return this summer but I don't think the hype will be quite as relentless as last year. As for the cosmopolitan point, Salinas still has it. People from all over Europe and beyond. Ibiza town is very Spanish/European. As soon as the mass English market takes over, things go a bit Craig David don't they.... which is the very epitomy of DOGSHIT.

Pikes is very small , 100 people can fit in the club?
lots of UK workers seen there
it also a cool place for after parties , u can even get for afterparties hosted there even if u are not on the list or haven't wristbands , just GO....

as for small capacity, that is the whole point, the intimacy, the clear sound, the feeling you're at somebody's house. when you're pushing 43 I think you appreciate all that a lot more

As for the cosmopolitan point, Salinas still has it. People from all over Europe and beyond.

I’ve been looking for a villa in Salinas. Always stayed in PDB buts it’s never actually been that nice a place (even if the apartments were fab), just convenient. Now I hear it’s full of pick pockets

Back