Abode in the park

Life of Rye

A small review of Abode's first attempt at a festival

I am going to start by saying that this was the best festival I have been to too date and I am comparing that with

Creamfields / SW4 / Forbidden Forest / The winter social

There were plenty enough toilets located around never needing to really queue. Two bars with plenty of staff and again very small queues / A large chill out area playing music with about 20 picnic tables under cover / The sound system was easily loud enough / The lighting especially in the main Abode tent was incredible / You didn't have to walk far to enter another tent or go to the toilet or bar and inside the tents there was plenty of room to dance at what was apparently a sold out event

The only issue which I am sure they can fix was the temperature in side the tents. It got far too hot but hopefully they realised that and can sort next year

They really need to be applauded for their efforts to be honest I will 100% return next year

Put together a little vlog

Last edited:
The lineup was horrendous.

Wall to wall Beefa tech house . Could only imagine the state of the crowd

Best festival crowd I have been around to be fair.... Everyone was dancing and happy
It swayed a little on the younger side but there were plenty of 30-40's there

Just to mention as well you could get free cups of water from the bar. Free water at a festival isn't new but at least this came from a water machine rather than a hose pipe or from a big barrel

A small review of Abode's first attempt at a festival

I am going to start by saying that this was the best festival I have been to too date and I am comparing that with

Creamfields / SW4 / Forbidden Forest / The winter social

There were plenty enough toilets located around never needing to really queue. Two bars with plenty of staff and again very small queues / A large chill out area playing music with about 20 picnic tables under cover / The sound system was easily loud enough / The lighting especially in the main Abode tent was incredible / You didn't have to walk far to enter another tent or go to the toilet or bar and inside the tents there was plenty of room to dance at what was apparently a sold out event

The only issue which I am sure they can fix was the temperature in side the tents. It got far too hot but hopefully they realised that and can sort next year

They really need to be applauded for their efforts to be honest I will 100% return next year

Put together a little vlog
When do you put your vests away for winter.? Had a quick look at the vlog and you seemed to be the only guy wearing one..

best festival I've ever been to (has been to 4 festivals)

ffs mate, give it a rest eh, bloody vlogs and vlests
ahaha yes mate. 100% Agree.

The same lad(I think) made a vlog about him and his muggy mates going to the WHP to see Hannah wants ahah.

ahaha yes mate. 100% Agree.

The same lad(I think) made a vlog about him and his muggy mates going to the WHP to see Hannah wants ahah.
Hold on pal. Coming on here posting personal comments about people you don't know and haven't met isn't cool.

Nobody forces you to watch these vlogs or read the posts.

Not everyone is compatible, and I don't expect everyone to be best mates

But whatever you might think of Rye, it's clear he's trying to contribute to this forum with his posts. He should be respected for that at least

nobody forces him to post the things either, and if he puts them up he's gonna get comments, both positive and negative.

some bloke that spends all his time in the gym and craves a little bit of fame, who's been to ibiza 3 times and makes vlogs of his holidays.

some of us might just think he's oversharing, and that he hasn't got anything relevant to say.

My points are:

1. Calling the lad's friends names is cheap. As far as I can see they aren't on this forum so are unable defend themselves, and anyway how the hell do we know they aren't sound people?
2. If you can't say anything nice, feedback in a constructive way.

nobody forces him to post the things either, and if he puts them up he's gonna get comments, both positive and negative.

some bloke that spends all his time in the gym and craves a little bit of fame, who's been to ibiza 3 times and makes vlogs of his holidays.

some of us might just think he's oversharing, and that he hasn't got anything relevant to say.

I bet if you bumped into him you wouldn't say what you say here. I bet you'd find he's most probably a decent guy

I bet if you bumped into him you wouldn't say what you say here. I bet you'd find he's most probably a decent guy
The failed Love island contestant ? I wouldn't bet on it mate :)

I just think he's part of a whole problem we have in society with social media giving people a platform, and then those people thinking everyone is interested in the 'content' they chose to post on those platforms.

As I say above, if he chooses to post something and sit back and wait for the 'likes' to roll in, he also has to accept the criticism.

My 7yr old has been to more festivals than this guy, yet I doubt you want to read/watch her talking about it, do you ?

Cant you all agree to disagree?

giphy.gif

In the beginning, there was Jack, and Jack had a groove.
And from this groove came the groove of all grooves.
And while one day viciously throwing down on his box, Jack boldy declared,
‘Let there be house!’ and house music was born.
I am, you see,
I am the creator, and this is my house!
And, in my house there is only house music. But, I am not so
selfish because once you enter my house it then becomes OUR house and
OUR house music!’ And, you see, no one can own house because
house music is a universal language, spoken and understood by all.
You see, house is a feeling that no one can understand really unless
you’re deep into the vibe of house. House is an uncontrollable
desire to jack your body. And, as I told you before, this is
our house and our house music. And in every house, you
understand, there is a keeper. And, in this house, the keeper
is Jack. Now some of you who might wonder.
Who is Jack, and what is it that Jack does?
Jack is the one who gives you the power to jack your body!
Jack is the one who gives you the power to do the snake.
Jack is the one who gives you the key to the wiggly worm.
Jack is the one who learns you how to walk your body.
Jack is the one that can bring nations and nations of all
Jackers together under one house.
You may be black, you may be white; you may be Jew or Gentile.
It don’t make difference in our House.
And this is fresh!

The failed Love island contestant ? I wouldn't bet on it mate :)

I just think he's part of a whole problem we have in society with social media giving people a platform, and then those people thinking everyone is interested in the 'content' they chose to post on those platforms.

As I say above, if he chooses to post something and sit back and wait for the 'likes' to roll in, he also has to accept the criticism.

My 7yr old has been to more festivals than this guy, yet I doubt you want to read/watch her talking about it, do you ?

As I say, it's easy to slag someone sitting at your desk but for all you know he will probably just be an ordinary guy like you or I. If his vest and video camera offends you that much then that is your problem.

You are only having a go about the festival because you don't like the actual festival he attended. It is personally not for me but neither is a lot of things I see on here but I don't have a pop at everyone who posts something about a night or a place I'm not fond of.

Oh come on, it's not like I'm picking on poor little defenseless Rye. He posts stuff on here of his own free will. He makes 20 minute videos of himself on his holidays. He sticks pictures up of himself reclining at faux VIP beach clubs on a freebie. I don't doubt at all that he loves the attention.

and pretty sure Jack wasn't talking about Ocean Beach ...

Back