A Question For All The Spotlight Men and Women

LagunaBeachCA

I was having a very interesting conversation yesterday with my best friend and his wife who are both recent immigrants (less than 15 years, like myself) from Germany and Denmark, respectively, on the issue of firearms for self-defense. So I have a question for the men and women on this board.

Ladies:

If you were ever, and I hope no one (man, woman or child) is, in a situation where you were about to (or being) be raped, and you have a gun, would you use it for defending yourself. By that I mean shoot to kill.

Guys and Ladies:

If you were ever, and I hope no one (man, woman or child) is, in a situation where a loved one (husband, wife, child, parent or friend) were to (or is being) be raped, and you have a gun, would you use it for defending them. By that I mean shoot to kill.

I thank everyone in advance for their serious and thoughtful responses, and once again, I most sincerely hope that no one will ever have to face such a horror.

Thanks,

LagunaBeachCA

Hola Laguna,

For me it's easy, firearms are wrong so there's no way I have firearm with me in case of risk. Hope it makes sense for you ;)

I think my initial reaction would be to tear them limb from limb with my bare hands, but I would think a gun would suffice. Don't know if I'd deliberately aim to kill though. Shoot an extremity then follow up with a pistol whip and a few boots to the head. That sort of thing really makes my blood BOIL. :x :x

Now look what you've done. I'm all het up now.

I wouldnt want to own a gun, every month there would be a trail of destruction in my wake...... :eek:

If the situation you described actually happened and I did have a gun, I suppose I would shoot to maim rather than shoot to kill... God forbid the situation would ever arise tho.

I suppose a gun would be cleaner than the chair leg with a nail through it that i keep under the bed.

I'd shoot them once or twice to incapacitate them then spend a good hour or two tourturing them before putting one in their head.

Can i just ask why you would even post such a thing on a message board. Im sorry but its not exactly a very entertaining post especially when some people on here have had to go through that ordeal.

Sorry for my outburst but i dont think a thread of this nature should be in a public message board.

learn self defense, or carry mace. Odds are you will accidently maim/kill someone wrongly, or a child will get to the gun. Most cops dont even get to fire in anger, why would a citizen need one?

I wouldnt hesitate to blast some fecker's brains out should that ever happen to me, or any other member of my family/friends.

Self defence innit :rolleyes: Who gives a funk if they die, people like that should die!! :evil:

.. knowing my luck they'd get it off me and use it against ME ! :eek:

Guns scare me even when not loaded.

Its always wise to have a good few weapons to hand in case you need to defend your home or yourself in it.

I take it that you have posted this LagunaBeachCA because you have made it clear in previous posts that you are into guns big style and have no problem with people owning guns. The thing is if I lived in a country where everyone was allowed to own guns then the perpetrator of the crime is very likely to have one himself so I don't see how me having a gun would make things any better. Maybe we would both just kill each other. I don't think it's a solution.

N8 said:
Its always wise to have a good few weapons to hand in case you need to defend your home or yourself in it.

Lucky I have Crystal & Paddy - sorry Laguna, they're not pet names for guns but my trusty dogs! No f***er's getting into my house uninvited :eek: :lol:

Kang said:
N8 said:

Lucky I have Crystal & Paddy - sorry Laguna, they're not pet names for guns but my trusty dogs! No *beep*'s getting into my house uninvited :eek: :lol:

We seem to have been quite successful on a number of occasions :lol: :lol:

Back