3rd time in Ibiza = Craziest time ever!!! Canadian crew!!!

CanadaKid

Hello all,
It has been a week exactly since my plane took off from Ibiza airport and I have finally decided that I should write my review because the blues won't get any easier, especially since my friend at Coastline installed a webcam so I see the action going on every day. This will be a super long review, as were my first two, so buyer beware... ENJOY!!!

Ibiza 2006 - Ridiculous

Unlike my first and second times in Ibiza, my brother and I brought along 6 other crazy Canadians to destroy the island and have the island destroy us.

Saturday, June 24:
For the first time, our flight to Ibiza was on time!!! What a way to start the holiday. We grab our bags and are in the taxi queue by 9PM. After we grab our keys, we are standing on our balcony ON TOP OF COASTLINE CAFE by 10PM. I quickly go down and say hi to my old friends, the Coastline rezzies, Robin Chappell and JC. The entire group goes down to have a quick bite and we head off to my home away from home, Plastik!!! I want to point out that while we were eating, I met a fellow Ibiza Spotlight board member sat next to me, but I've sadly forgotten who it was. So if you are reading, please let me know. It was great to see the entire gang down there, Dermot, Zeana, Andy, Colin and many new faces. To be honest, 8 Canadians times 20 shots each and the night was a very quick blur. We all go to Eden to say hi to Alex Ellenger and have a few more there. After all that it was home time for us as we needed some sleep for Bora Bora.

Sunday, June 25:
One of the best and worst days of my entire life was this day. The entire group get up and head to Bora Bora at around 3PM. By then, the beach is rocking and my friends finally realize why I always call this the REAL Bora Bora! Beautiful women, great music, clear skies, it all just fits. We party and tan there for a few hours and head back to Coastline. It was here that the day turned into the worst day of our lives. We were robbed. Money, cameras, phones, bags, all gone from our apartment. Worst part is, it was an inside job, somebody had a key to our apartment. I'm sorry for the profanity here, but to the mother****er who robbed us, I HOPE YOU GET YOUR HEAD ****ING BUSTED WIDE OPEN AND LIVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE A ****ING USELESS VEGETABLE YOU *****!!! The only thing I'm greatful for was that my best friend was not in the apartment alone by herself. We spend the next 4 hours cancelling credit cards, getting ahold of the landlady, trying to find what has been nicked and basically trying to absorb just what has happened to us. By now, Judge Jules is playing at Kanya pre-party so I go down to speak to him. He greets me with a big grin and handshake, but I only return a sad face. He immediately can tell something's wrong. After telling him and his manager what happened, they really feel bad for me and my friends. I tell him we'll see him at the club later on for Judgement Sundays and I head back to deal with the robbery. We decide the best thing to do is to head to the Guardia Civil with the landlady. 3 pointless hours later, we get our copy of the crime report from a very big ass of an officer and head back to Coastline. Our group have a long talk and decide that it is Ibiza after all,we're still here, we can't let this little bastard ruin our trip so we decide to make due with what has happened and continue the party. It is roughly 1230AM and the four of us who were staying at Coastline have not ate all day. We find the only place open at the time, Chino Big World. I must say... the food is not bad there, especially since I'm Chinese. And for 7 euros, the deal is amazing. 7 euros for 3 courses and a beer... fantastic. After we stuff our faces with salty chinese, it's off to Plastik for a couple drinks. We walk in, and all the girls and owners and managers somehow have heard about our plight. They all give us a hug and buy us a few rounds to help keep our Ibiza spirits up. After we're fairly drunk, it's time for Judgement Sundays, easily one of my favo nights out there since I'm a trance head and am friends with Jules. We get our All Access wristbands and head into the club. I'm very surprised to see what JS has done to the place in terms of moving the DJ box and creating a very wikkid VIP area. We get into the VIP and are greeted by many faces we have not seen in two years. Again, everyone in the booth give their sorry's about our situation. Jules' wife, Amanda was a darling about it. Thanks for everything! By now, it is technically my 23rd birthday and my friends are keeping the shots coming and Jules is plowing me with free vodka. Needless to say, I am very drunk and enjoying myself and the great trance blasting in the mainroom. Highlight for me is when Jules went oldschool and busted out I Need Your Loving by Marc et Claude. Classic classic stuff! After Jules finishes in the mainroom, we take our act into the backroom for some funkiness, where all my friends are waiting for me for MORE shots. By this time JC and Robin have shown up and made the party even bigger now. The next couple hours is a combination of drinking with Trophy Twin, Jules and Alex in the DJ box and with my friends. We shut the club down at around 7 I think and we all head back to our apartment, Robin and JC in tow. We slam tons more beer and alcohol and before you know it, it is roughly 10AM and Robin has to be at work in 3 hours!!! Poor guy! My friends all eventually pass out whilst I stay awake and head down to the pool and pass out there for a few hours on the sunlounger.

Monday, June 26:
My best birthday ever. I finally manage to get some sleep and wake up round 5PM. I decide to have my birthday dinner downstairs at Coastline because my favo meal in the entire world is the seafood paella. The 8 of us get a great table in the nicer side of the restaurant and chow down. Great food, great friends, great music. After dinner, we head off to Plastik and get ridiculously drunk. So many birthday shots, ugh! To my surprise, my mate Martin is running the Mondays at Plastik, Rhythmatwork. Great seeing him there! Dermot gets on to finish the night off and he's easily my favo DJ on the island. He drops great track after track. Greatest moment is his encore when he plays Mr. Brightside!! Unreal!! After the song ends, the club keeps singing for about 10 minutes afterwards!!! Great sight to see. Then after they stop singing, Zeana gets all the girls and the rest of the bar to sing Happy Birthday to me!! That was one of the best moments ever for me... very touching. We all head to Savannah's afterwards for the afterparty and it is rammed there. I've never been a big fan of Savannah's, but this afterparty was stellar. This is where I met my baby of the trip, Hannah... *sigh* more on her later. Savannah's was honestly a bit of a blur, but I do remember the end of the night as Martin opened our eyes to Fisherman's... the place for drunken breakfast :D

Tuesday, June 27:
As I think back, all the dates are starting to blend together now so bear with me. We wake up late again as we always go to bed round 10AM hahaha. We wake up and it is time for dinner. I think.. we went to Il Vaticano this night, but very unsure. Nevertheless, Il Vaticano is an amazing restaurant, with a very attractive waitress there named Sasha. Complimentary champagne because we had to wait and great starters put our mind at ease that we chose a very good place to eat. Also the fact that Cafe del Sol was right beside so we could run and watch the Spain/France game hehehe. The meal was delicious and we head back to Coastline for some pre-drinkin as the night is early. When we head back to the apartment, some of my friends decide to do some beer bongs on the balcony. I'm not sure if you guys know what beer bongs are but basically, it's a funnel with a tube which you pour whole beers into and chug in about 3 sips. As they did that, I noticed a crowd at Coastline staring up at us watching my mates slam beer after beer after beer hehehe... funny stuff. After a couple cases, we all go to, guess where, Plastik. Many more drinks and shots later, we head to Es Paradis for the Tidy Boys. We're not fans of hard house, but Martin is running the show and there are the Dirty Rotten DJs upstairs. We head on up there and proceed to get more wasted. By this time, I've ran into random people who somehow know who me and my entire group. "Hey, you guys are the Canadians right? You're staying on top of Coastline?" Heard that a lot and always made me laugh. I'm not sure how they knew, but they knew. Anyway, Es Paradis is rammed upstairs and the music is well wikkid. Dirty electro breaks... amazing. We close the night out, I think... and head back to Coastline for more drinks. Can you tell we drank a lot?

Wednesday, June 28:
Wake up late again. We head to Kasbah to eat with Martin at around 8PM. Good to see Giles and everyone at Kasbah again. The food is excellent as usual and the company is great. Afterwards, we all head to Mambo for the Subliminal pre-party. Mambo is absolutely rocking and the beach shows are just starting. It never ceases to amaze me the craziness and the amazing shows that occur on the beaches, whether in front of Mambo or Coastline... and all for free, it's a great great thing. Turns out we missed Morillo but Mambo is still buzzing and I'm excited as tonight I go back to Pacha for the first time in 2 years. 3 of our friends leave in the morning for Amsterdam, so we wanted to give them a proper sendoff. We head towards the West End for taxis to Pacha, but not before I stop in at Hush and Plastik for a few drinks. Afterwards, it's 2 taxis full and we arrive at Pacha. The lineup isn't too bad and it moves by very quickly. Pacha is not rammed to capacity, but it is very full and buzzing. Sarah Main is rocking it very well and we take a nice tour of the club. It is still like a little maze for me. We end up finding a few empty tables upstairs on the balcony overlooking the dancefloor. Jorge Jaramillo comes on and honestly I was not a fan of his stuff. While he was playing, little did I know but they rope off the area we're sitting in!! Somehow, we are now VIPs for Pacha hahaha... amazing. As Jorge's set was ending, something happened that I never thought I'd see in Pacha... the sound goes out. Something blew up on the soundbox and there is no sound. What happens next is amazing... they try to re-start 4 times and it blows EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! The crowd is getting restless more and more. Finally, they get it going and Jorge finishes off and passes the decks to Erick Morillo!!! One of our favos!! He starts to play and immediately, I realize that his Ibiza sound is much different than the Ibiza sound. More deep, tribal and chuggy. Not my thing, but I'm still enjoying it a lot. By this time, 2 of our group decide that's enough and they head back to San An. I stay with the rest of the group as it is their last night. So we're dancing in the VIP area of Pacha to Morillo... I say it's a great sendoff for them. I met this very cute little Spanish girl up on the balcony... unfortunately, our lack of a common language kept us to simple smiles and laughs. Morillo dropped some unreal songs, Same Man, World Hold On and my favo, a remix of Camisra - Let Me Show You!!! Fantastic!!! About 7AM and two of my friends decide it's enough so I leave with them and leave 3 of my friends there as they have met some nice women ;)

Thursday, June 29:
Our friends at the other apartment sleep in so they don't have the time to stop off to say bye to us before they catch their flight to Amsterdam. The Canadian Coastline Crew is now 5 strong. I completely forgot where we ate dinner, but I know it was good because I did not have a single bad meal out on the island. The food is amazing and I eat like a king while I'm out there. I'm very excited as we are guestlisted for Cream and Ferry Corsten tonight!! Outstanding! We go to Plastik for a few drinks and of course, who do I run into?? Hannah from Savannah's. She's with two of her friends who, I must say, look like they've never had any fun ever. They acted like the last place they wanted to be was Ibiza. Regardless, Hannah ditches them and decides to come to Cream with us. So there are four of us going, since my brother and my friend decide not to. We head off to Cream and it is packed and just amazing. Amnesia is simply my favo club in the entire club. We walk in and the first thing is BOOOOOOOOM! Megatron goes off and I get a huge grin on my face. We check out the terrace and it was at this time that I decide to become a podium person and Hannah and I get onto the podium in the terrace and party it up! Sadly, I missed a lot of Corsten, but I did get to hang out with Hannah the entire night. By the way, Hannah is a gorgeous little blond girl with an amazing personality and fit as **** to boot!! Terrace is rocking away with Axwell and Daley Padley. Good to see they put a min-Megatron in the terrace as well. We decide to go check out the mainrom and Eddie Halliwell is playing. Not a big fan of his, but he did play some wikkid classic trance tracks. We get onto the podium at the very back of the dancefloor so we are facing the dj box and on the side of the Amnesia dancers. By the way, Cream dancers are the best and most beautiful ones on the entire island. Bless! We party for a couple more hours until Hannah starts to feel a bit sick and we call it a night. We had back to mine and the minute we took one step into the apartment, fate dealt us a very sad twist. Her mobile rings and it is her two roommates. They've just been robbed too... while they were asleep in the apartment. We take a taxi back to her apartment and these girls are just devastated. Much like us, money, cameras and mobiles are gone. I stay with them, trying to give them some tips as this just happened to us. They go to the police station at 9AM and I return home, very gutted for them as like I said, I know exactly how they feel.

Friday, June 30:
Actually got up at a decent hour for some nice tanning. I believe this was the night we had dinner with Dermot and his girlfriend. For all those who know Dermot, is he not the nicest guy ever?? Anywayz, head down to Plastik afterwards for a few drinks and then to Pukka Up at Es Paradis to see Dermot. At this point, only 2 of my friends were out with me and they decided they can't make it to Es Para so it's just me and Robin travelling, and we're both well wasted. The place was pretty busy, from my point of view, and the crowd was eating up all the great tunes. I know lots of ppl aren't fans of Es Para but I like the columns and such... it's a different look. Out of nowhere, my bro and my friend show up and we get our drink on again! Dermot rocks it and we head out to Garden of Eden for a few drinks before Martin suggests we go back to Fishermans for some yummy breakfast. Being a fatass, I could not say no so we make a move to Fishermans. It is a great place, but damn does the food take FOREVER!!! Anywayz, at this point, Martin lets me know that Hannah took a flight out with her friends back to the UK... gutted.

Saturday, July 1:
Canada Day for those who know. I give Hannah a call and I become even more gutted. She tried getting a hold of me to stay with us but since the bastards stole my mobile, she had no way to get in touch and had to go back to the UK as her 2 friends forced her to. Again, **** YOU ROBBER!!! Regardless, I put it behind me and decided to celebrate Canada Day. We go to dinner at Jamel's Bistro. I had great meals at Jamel's last time out, but this time was different. Of the 5 steaks our group ordered, 2 were cooked properly. The rest were overdone. When we complained, Jamel came out and argued that that is what a steak should look like and proceeded to use his HANDS to open it up and show my friend. Not only that, he left the steak there for my mate to eat! Disgusting! Needless to say, he didn't finish it and he didn't pay. Afterwards, we realized why probably the steaks were overcooked. Jamel had been running back and forth to another bar to watch the France/Brazil game!! Taking the piss to a whole new level there. As usual, we did our stop at Plastik, had many shots and then went to Eden to watch JC, Robin, Alex Ellenger and Jorge play. It wasn't too busy but was a good time. I had to take off early as my other friend from Manchester was getting in and I had to greet her at the apartment. Good Canada Day indeed.

Sunday, July 2:
This was our last week and it started to sink in. The first week blitzed by so fast, like it always does and we had to enjoy our last week. For the first tim ever, I finally managed to do what I set out to do... I went to Space!!! Finally, 3 trips out and I finally make it to the legend itself. Let me tell you, it was everything and more. Luckily, the doorman only searched one side of my shorts and I got my camera in. I couldn't compare it to how it was before, but it was wikkid to me. When we got there, only the terrace was open, not sure if that is how it is, and David Guetta was just getting on. I was expecting more funky house like his old stuff, but it was good nonetheless. He did play Love Don't Walk Away which was amazing. I met an amazing girl there who worked at Cream and I promised her I'd see her come Thursday ;) The upstairs chill part is pretty cool, although I'm not a fan of chill music. Met a bunch of very nice people up there which helped continue a trend for me during the trip. Many brits that I met insisted that I had an Irish accent which is weird. I'm actually part British, but Irish... umm no. Our buddy Mike was leaving the group so we decided to go back to Il Vaticano to eat again for his last meal. Another delicious meal later and it was back to our so he could get his bag and a taxi. It was sad to see him go, but we made our trek down to Plastik for some pre-drinks. After we fired it up, we went down to Bar M to see Jules play the pre-party and hang out with him for awhile. To my surprise, the JS dancers were also at Bar M and they are gorgeous!!! Bar M is one of my favo places still. After Bar M, we go to Eden where I'm already pretty drunk. In my drunken state, I see a guy there who looks like my friend Mike who just left for the airport! What do you know, IT IS MIKE!!! The crazy bastard took a taxi to the airport, stood in the Jet2 line, said bugger it all, turned around, took another taxi to Bar M to find us, asked Jules where we went, went to JS to find us to grab the keys to the apartment and continue the party. That is Ibiza spirit to a T!!! The Canadian group is 5 strong again!!! This night was very special for me. I love house music, I love how Ibiza is all house, but deep down, I'm still a trance boy at heart. So whenever I get to hear it out there, it's a special treat for me and this night was no exception. I knew before I went to Ibiza I'd be seeing this man, but I was still very happy and that man is Simon Patterson aka. DOGZILLA!!! He rocked it from beginning to end and he did play Without You which went off HUGE!!! After he was done, Jules graced the decks and proceeded to destroy Eden the way Jules can. If any of the Eden staff or JS staff are reading this, thank you so much for treating me and my friends and brother so well. It really made our holiday. Again, after Lashes takes over, we hoof it to the backroom for more funky house music. My favo track Jules played has to be the new bootleg of Happiness by Danny Jay... fantastic. This night go seriously messy. So many drinks with everyone, including Robin from Coastline. At this point, something happened that I haven't seen in years. My brother told me that he was too drunk to continue and had to go home. Gradually all my group starts leaving except Mike. Hell, he turned back at the airport to come here, why go home early. Alex gets on the decks and proceed to rock the backroom until 8AM when the Guardia Civil show up to end things in a hurry. Mike and I pinball back to the apartment where we see Robin up and still drinking. A true warrior... at work by 1PM everyday, getting wasted with us every night until 9 or 10AM.

Monday, July 3:
To be honest, by this time, dinners were sporadic and I have no idea where we ate and when. I think this is the night we went to El Rincon de Pepe... an amazing tapas restaurant. Food is so good anc very cheap as well. We decided that we'll just head to Plastik to Rhythmatwork as it was really good last time. Plastik... shot shot shot shot shot shot shot shot shot shot shot and more shots. And champagne. I'm done. Drunk and loving it. My friends all leave as they were tired and hurting so it's just me again. The Plastik girls and Dermot keep me knee deep in alcohol though to keep me company. Serious, Plastik treated us so well, thanks again! After Dermot rocks it and closes up shop, I head to Play 2 to see Robin play and finish and we make our trek back home as he lives 2 minutes away from me. Another drunk night finished and this time before 8AM!! Imagine that.

Tuesday, July 4:
Like I said, no idea where we had dinner, I think Kasbah again. Great meal. We take off for Plastik for tons of shots and then down to Tidy Boys again at Es Paradis. Upstairs to the Dirty Rotten DJs and for some reason, I am already just hammered. This was the night that I have been the most drunk in my entire life without throwing up... actually it's probably the most drunk I have ever been period. I remembered that MIKE/Push was playing at Eden so I stumble over there to catch a bit of Push. He was good, not great, but good at least. Plus I needed my trance fix. Time flies by and before I know it, it's 6AM, all my friends at Es Para went home except Mike who was as drunk as I was. We proceed to get Dermot's gf wasted with us and at about 630AM, we decided enough was enough as we were holding onto the bar for dear life. The 2 great bartenders took care of us though... by that I mean more shots! We really are stumbling out back to the apartment now. To show you how drunk we were, we were stood at Koppas at the bottom of the West End and I was starving, but we decided the walk up to KFC was much too far to go! That is drunk. Go home, pass out, another day is waiting.

Wednesday, July 5:
I woke up very late as I was so drunk the prior night. I'm pretty sure this night we went back to El Rincon de Pepe for some more great food with Robin this time. The usual pitstop at Plastik and Hush this time round and then off to Garlands backroom for Dermot and Alex. Classic house at its best!! Hit after hit including Camisra again!!! JC meets us there and we all proceed to just get right pissed in the backroom. So much so we couldn't stay til the end. Another 20 some shots in the back... yikes. We march our way back to coastline and proceed to drink and play poker for drinks... and again, Robin stayed until round 9! What a performance!!

Thursday, July 6:
PAUL VAN DYK PAUL VAN DYK PAUL VAN DYK!!! It is Cream, it is Thursday, it is Paul Van Dyk. There is something in the air when PVD comes to Ibiza. Everywhere you go, everyone you talk to, they all say the same thing... "you're going to Cream tonight right? PVD?" Damn straight!!! My hero and the only DJ I've only seen once! We finally are able to check out this amazing restaurant Martin suggested, Hans in the back of the West End. An amazing steakhouse owned by Hans and family. Huge steaks, big portions, an excellent meal, I do say so myself. They even made a mistake on my credit card and he tracked me down outside to correct the error. Fine gentleman he is he is. It was actually this meal that almost cost us Cream. We were so stuffed, that we almost called the whole thing off. But two others in the group and myself decided to suck it up and get to Cream. No Plastik for us this time, we get a taxi at 230AM and hit Cream by 3. I was a bit worried on just how busy and rammed this place was as 4 years ago, when we saw PVD, it was so busy we had to leave early. We get there and as we're making our way to the door, hundreds of people are already leaving!!! We all hear them say the same thing... "It's too ****ing packed, you can't move in there, it's so hot, it's ridiculous." Not a great thing to hear walking into a club. The lineup moved rather quickly, but my god was it ever busy!! I have never seen a club or any place that busy in my entire life. Again, the doorman searched me, found my camera but didn't even care... phew. The discoteca was jammed to capacity and the discoteca was even busier if possible. You could not move ANYWHERE in this club!!! To my surprise, Paul Van Dyk was already on at 3, which made me believe that I mis-timed our night and PVD would be finishing at 4 or 5 and Marco V would close the club. Now remember that girl from Space I told you about? I decided to go and try to find her at one of the bars. Took me half an hour to get to every bar in the discoteca with no luck, my mystery woman was gone forever. However, the search for her helped us find something that helped us from dying. A perfect spot to set up shop. Right beside the DJ box, there was plenty of room to dance and air conditioning right there for the taking!! Amazing! It was because of this that we managed to stay for the whole night as I don't think I would have survived without it. To my great surprise, Paul Van Dyk played all 4 hours!! I'm not sure if Marco V no-showed or this was already planned, but it was the greatest set I've ever heard. The last hour was virtually trance classics which blew my mind. Some tracks just to give you a feel for the night: Rank 1 - Breathing, Ocean Lab - Satellite, Three Drives - Greece 2000, Binary Finary - 1999, Azzido da Bass - Dooms Night, Marco V - Red Blue Purple, Freefall - Skydive, Dogzilla - Without You, PVD - Time of Our Lives and the most powerful... FOR AN ANGEL!!! I was in sheer heaven! Greatest night of my life right there, musically. I could not stop grinning!!! We close down Cream and the lineup outside is unbelievable. Luckily, we hit the taxi queue very early and within 20 minutes, we are on our way back to Coastline. Greatest night over.

Friday, July 7:
Our last night in Ibiza. By now, all the emotions are starting to settle into everyone, including our friends in Ibiza. We are now realizing that we leave the next day. Very emotional. We have one last great dinner at Il Vaticano with Robin and his friend and head back to Coastline and wait for JC and to give a final sendoff to Mike as he has re-booked his flight and is leaving now. We say bye to him and now we have Robin, Pete and JC all making our way down to Plastik. As it is our last night, we proceed to get absolutely stonking pissed. Everyone's buying shots and champagne and we are proper drunk in a matter of minutes. It was here, on my last night, that I met an stunning girl named Alina. If you are reading this, you made my night. After Plastik closed, it was time to say all of our goodbyes to everyone at Plastik. It was very emotional and sad, but we promised we'll be back in 2 years, maybe less. We make our way down to Es Para with Dermot for his last set that we'll catch this trip around. We are greeted by his gf who runs Pukka Up and it's time to get more booze flowing. By now, we are completely smashed, but still drinking. It is our last night after all. Dermot plays another amazing set to remember and it is very emotional now because that was it for us. The last night almost over. We head to Eden for more drinks and to say bye to everyone at Eden. Alina is there again and I give her my goodbye along with Alex Ellenger and everyone and Dermot and girlfriend. Very very sad. Time to take our last walk home.

Saturday, July 8:
We were supposed to be out of our apartment by noon, but the hell with that. We didn't leave til we were good and ready. One last lunch downstairs at Coastline, by the way best LASAGNE EVER! It is time to say bye to JC and Robin and everyone at Coastline which was very very hard to do. We say bye to our friend from Manchester and take a taxi and then it's off to the airport. Ibiza 2006 done.

I know my report is very sporadic, a lot of details about things I only care about and whatnot, but nevertheless, it is done. Once again, I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I had experiencing it with. To all the people I met, thank you for making this holiday amazing. I hope I met some board members too along the way. We were known as the Canadian Coastline Crew pretty much the entire trip hehehe. Some observations though:
-Europeans love their tribal tech house ie. Morillo at Pacha, Made in Italy and the like, over here we're still more into the funky
-going in late June was amazing... not too hawt, not too busy, just perfect
-nobody and I mean nobody can compare to Ibiza women... the greatest women on Earth bar none
-please take care of all your possessions in case of theft... I heard many cases of robbery there in all forms including ours, bags being snatched while sunbathing, pickpockets, etc etc... please be careful. And if you're lucky to catch one like my friend, do what he did and beat the everloving **** out of him. They deserve much worse than that
-if you see someone interesting, go talk to them.. best way to meet new people. what's the worst that can happen? all teh people I met were so nice
-no matter where you are, it's your friends that make the holiday. I go to Ibiza for the beach, the sun, the music, the partying, but most of all the friends. All the friends I met there and all the friends I brought with, thanks for such an amazing holiday

Songs of 2006:
Fedde Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up for Detroit (Amazing!)
Till West - Same Man (played everywhere)
Bob Sinclar - World Hold On (old, but I knew it'd still be huge)
David Guetta Vs the Egg - Love Don't Walk Away
Antoine Clamaran - Take Off
Solu Music - Fade (old but FANTASTIC!! One of my favos)
Royksopp - What Else is There (Jacques Lu Cont Remix) (still one of my favs)
Lifelike & Kris Menace - Discopolis (destructive)
Kings of Tomorrow Vs Chris Lake - Finally Changes (I burnt this for Robin and he's still caning it)
Freeform Five - No More Conversation
Tiga - You Gonna Want Me
ATFC - Spread Love
Ferry Corsten - L.E.F. (I had to put at least one trance track in it)
Dogzilla - Without You
Marco V - Red Blue Purple

Pictures up at:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=luea0j4.2woi474c&Uy=bc9nvk&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1
Have a lot of videos that I wish I could share too.

Again thanks to all that made my holiday so good. Thanks to whomever has read this whole thing. If anyone has any comments, feel free to reply. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I am moving to Cardiff for law school in September.. I'm terrified but excited so I might be back to Ibiza sooner than planned. However, until next time... latest 2008.

Cheers,
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
fatphilb said:
nice one mate 8)

did you take over the old mobile after all?

That's what made me so angry. They stole that mobile and my actual mobile too so still no phone therefore I couldn't get ahold of anyone. That's why I was so gutted because my friend tried to get ahold of me but I had no phone so she flew back home to the UK.

nice review,, gutted though as i left cream a lil early that night and missed 'for an angel'..didnt think he was gonna play it.
i was at three of the same nights as you also,,tho i couldnt spot me or any on my group on your pics,neva mind,,quality photos tho..

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like a lot of people are getting robbed there this year , as some of the latest reviews all seem to have them.
is it really that bad this year? did you not lock everything up in a safety box or something? is it just san an. where all this robbery takes place?
i'm going there in a few weeks and this is starting to worrie me.

8) 8) 8) 8) Great review - so many ups, and so many downs - but hey - hats off to you guys - some lesser people may have just got completely hung up over the burglaries and ruined their holidays, but hey, think Karma here - they'll get theirs - ten fold.....

From what I've seen and witnessed, theft is really really bad this year. First time for me that I've heard it quite bad. But I was talkin to some people who are out there every year and he said from what I told him, the robberies are about the same... which you can take either way. All the robberies I heard were in San An and all over San An, but my mate's credit cards who were taken, they headed to Ibiza Town and bought like 20 cameras... not really sure if that means anything.

Glad you guys are enjoying the review :)

Great review! I really enjoyed your pics too!

sorry to hear about the robbery :cry:

Bet you're glad to be back in Deadmonton ;)

Splendid review!

Nice to hear there are some party monsters among the other side of the world (Canada) 8)

Long live CCC! ;)

great review and pictures (specially the ones with mr chappell and his funny faces :lol: ).....

CanadaKid said:
the fact that Cafe del Sol was right beside so we could run and watch the Spain/France game
as previously mentioned, ramón guiral (co-owner of cafe del mar) opened this year a new restaurant next to il vaticano called cafe del sol!! :idea:

x3z4np.jpg

Cracking review, read it all and then looked at the pictures. Good viewing. You deserve a clap, seems like you hit it...hard. We also got robbed this year :x, we should start some vigilante group finding them and hurting them.

Don

P.S.

Bet you were well amused going back with that girl and her phone rang saying that. Haha ! And then she wanted to stay with you only for the robber to have nicked your phone. Life is unfair !

McRackin, I don't have a single picture of Robin either looking at the camera or being sober! Of course, I don't think Robin is ever sober :D

Super Polack, you have no idea how much that stolen mobile really hurt. Completely gutted about that. I had it all planned out too to have a phone out there so people can get ahold of me. Sorry to hear that you got robbed too... grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

BTW, our friends and ourselves both got robbed. Many things pointed towards inside job as well. My friend is a copper and he thought so. So peoples, beware of the night porter !

To show you how many thefts have been occurring, an officer of the Guardia Civil came to our apartment to take a look around for about 10 minutes. We ran into him the next day, roughly 12 hours later, he had no idea who any of us were. Sad really.

kevdig00 said:
i was at three of the same nights as you also,,tho i couldnt spot me or any on my group on your pics,neva mind,,quality photos tho..

That's wikkid. What 3 nights were you at??

Hey fellow Oiler! Hopefully... hehe... I'm planning my first trip ever to Ibiza for this September. What is the cheapest way of getting there? Or how do you usually get there? What cities do you fly to etc?

rafald.. I'm a deadmontonian too..:) :) I posted a reply to your other post.

I don't know if you plan on traveling anywhere else in Europe... but its best from Edmonton, (or Calgary) to fly with zoom ( don't know if they've sold out or not) air transat or aircanada... and get a flight to the UK, then get a flight with easyjet.com. I got my flight to Ibiza from London for 25.99 (pounds)

If you fly elsewhere in Europe (like Spain) check out this website

http://www.vueling.com

There are flights form Barcelona to Ibiza for as little as 15 euro!

sorry for the hijack

Hey Rafald,
Good to see more Etown representation on here.

Like utagaura said, Flyzoom.com is a great new airline to fly out of Canada with. I have been flying with Air Canada. I usually go Edmonton --> Toronto --> Manchester --> Ibiza... I find that flying to Manchester or somewhere not London is cheaper for flights in and out. Also, the best website for flights into Ibiza is http://www.traveljungle.co.uk

If you need anymore help, let me know.

Back