lfc63amg

Hello everyone was watching old footage reccently of warehouse races in the 1990's in the uk when acid house was popular got me thinking would love to hear people's story's or memories of these days on here, watched a lot of about them but would love to hear personal stories or memories.

Best thing I remember was the mix of people....all kinds of people from grafters and hooligans right through to properly posh kids, all there for the music and dancing. Worst was toilets and the fact that they weren't exactly safe places to go

That was my joint in the 90ies :p
The legendary Hanomag halls in Hannover. Music a bit cheesy back then...

from limited memory....

white crusties
dogs
squats
ex-industrial estates
people in subverted brand tshirts (FUCT, ADIHASH etc)
blokes in pony tails called Lee or Toby
"sounds well ambient"
girls in gazelles
sheep on drugs, eatstatic, underworld, loop guru, freq nasty, DIY crew, dreadzone, LFO, hardfloor, laurent garnier, cj bolland (ALWAYS cj bolland), moby...
"We're off to GOA next. Maan."
"we're off to tribal gathering / spiral tribe next. Maan"
cider/weed that reeked of piss
the old bill
the importance of strategically placed phone boxes
bad toilets / no toilets
multi-coloured flyers
"I don't know your name but I love you"
ancient camper vans / taxi drivers 'sworn to secrecy'
queues of taxis in arse end of nowhere six hours later
reclaim the streets t-shirts
"got any speed mate?"
broken padlocks / broken windows
sunrise "ahhhh"
constant danger / constant thrill
BACK TO THE PLANET
spare generators
strobes
"BIG LOVE"
"ONE LOVE"
A.W.O.L.
puffa jackets
dealers called K-9
"Ibiza's well commercial now"
top hats, waistcoats, stripey trousers, barefoot (in the head)
castlemorton '92
"the emission of reptitive beats"
Criminal Justice Act

Went to loads off illegal ones in Sheffield during the 90's. The best being called Tramstop (as it was located above a shop bang outside a tram stop in the city centre). Always had excellent DJ's playing stuff well ahead of it's time and an amazing roof terrace chillout area.

The dodgiest one I ever went to was when we were wandering home from somewhere late at night in a grim area of east London. We heard some music banging out of an industrial type building, a few people milling about outside etc. We asked what was going on (being a bit young and naive) to be told it was a 'rave'. We asked if we could go in and the reply was "sure, it's £5 and you have to crawl under the roller shutter). Once inside we soon discovered everyone off their nuts on acid. I recall some guy trying to wipe the paint off a wall with his hands, drinks were just cans of coke out of a box but the 'toilet' was the most memorable part. When shown where it was, it was just a curtain with a small room behind and the 'toilets' consisted of 2 buckets with a plank of wood across with 2 holes o_O Needless to say, we didn't hang about too long.

Back