18-20c today and still not considered a winter sun holiday?

2H76

Considering here it's about 5c outside, and Ibiza is only just over 2 hours away, if there were flights available at the right price, and hotels + tourist shops open...who wouldn't grab a long weekend?

Yes, I know winter weather there is unpredictable, and there were storms last week just like we have, but hey it's no different from Majorca and there are plenty of winter-sun options there.

Instead, folks just fly off to Benidorm...oh the joy :-(

Rant over...

it is indeed very lovely right now. but the current temperature is unusual and as mentioned above, you could only plan short term as you need to watch the weather forecast closely.

that said, I love ibiza in winter. island is ours again in this period!

Think that's the key - if you can watch the weather and if it looks settled book and go (if there were the flights of course) or book a fortnight or so in advance and expect a mixture of glorious and awful weather! Helps if you are either retired or have a very understanding boss. To be fair, if you do get three or more days of storms then it can be pretty miserable as - unlike England in "summer" there ain't a lot to do indoors. There are only so many shops, gyms and indoor pools. Still think I'd take the risk though; if the hotel has all the facilities.

I cant imagine doing that, ever. The water in Ibiza is still a bit on the cold side for my bones in July.

well people don‘t stay in the water for a long time. I personally love a quick dip in winter - as long as it‘s sunny and, more importantly, not windy, it‘s no problem at all. it‘s a mental question more than anything

it's a little chilly today, 15°C and it was raining a bit in the morning plus it's cloudy now. love the forecast though...looks like we're getting a 20°C day on wednesday!

it's a little chilly today, 15°C and it was raining a bit in the morning plus it's cloudy now. love the forecast though...looks like we're getting a 20°C day on wednesday!
that'll do me fine when i have my day trip first week of Feb!

Back