14/09/16 - 18/09/16 - First Short Trip Review

Nostalgic

No longer active
So as i sit here and squat out my 30th shit of the day (see how long till you go thread) ive decided i'll do my first ever Ibiza review.

Will be my 5th time on the island cant say im feeling it at the moment but hopefully the magical place of Ibiza will get me too full health.

TBC....

So as i sit here and squat out my 30th shit of the day (see how long till you go thread) ive decided i'll do my first ever Ibiza review.

Will be my 5th time on the island cant say im feeling it at the moment but hopefully the magical place of Ibiza will get me too full health.

TBC....
This was my fear falling ill for the closings. Feel like I'm coming down with a bug at the moment,so I'd rather feel shit now than in 3 weeks time.

Hope you feel better in the morning

Last couple of times I've felt ill but I think it's a psychological thing as it plays on your mind days before you go, I always think, " I bet I come down with something " as I haven't had a cold etc for months. Then normally on the day I feel abit groggy but as soon as I check in and have a few at the Meriden bar at the airport all is well.
Saying that, I remember few years back I felt abit rough going out, a dry throat and that, was there for 3 days, fine. Then when we got to ibiza airport to return home I came out in a massive cold, my nose and throat was f***ed. It was weird, like it was holding it in until my little vacation had finished lol.

DAY ONE

Me and my girlfriend woke up at 3am ready for the start of our holiday, normally I get the feeling of excitment, i felt quite the opposite.

I had been suffering food poisoning for a few days and felt rotten, happy I bought some tablets from boots that kept the shits from being released every 5 minutes gave me a glimmer of hope I would have a good flight.

We got to bhx nice and early parked the car up and walked to the terminal. Every footstep my stomach would ache, i'd feel lightheaded and weak, we got to the front only to be told we'd be delayed due to a change of a bigger aircraft. A relief I thought as i can spend more time on the shitter, which was great until i remembered i took constipation tablets and they was in full flow.

We decided to take a seat order a sandwich and wait, gutted because i could think of many things to pass the time like drink beer but instead I found myself occupying the toilet every 20 minutes just to squeeze out a fart incase of a false alarm. . .

7am, gate open, lets board. Great!

Or was it? We got told we had to pick crew members an airport in the costa brava due to a cancellation of a flight and their being no hotels. So a flight which should take 2hours, took 4.. . Somehow I thought everythings against me but i made the flight with no accidents - result.

We got to our hotel at 2pm, we decided on giving bora bora a miss due to hearing the music got cancelled a few days earlier so decided in taking a spot of lunch at the grill near the egg in san antoni.

Cheap food and good if you are on a budget. . €5 spagbol, €6 for other dinners...and plenty of choice with good prices for drinks...My misses was getting the drink down her neck and fully looking forward to Ushuiaia as it was the night Solomun took to the decks!

Few drinks down and we headed to Ush about 6ish. First time ive ever been and was impressed, big stage and the fact they kept the dj booth under the upstairs terrace whilst the stage was getting ready added to the atmosphere.

Ibiza Sonica was their spinning there thing, even though I was sober i made the effort to dance, it took my mind of my gut and was great to dance in the sun as the planes came over. My girlfriend was loving it aswell suppin on mojitos. Great stuff

Noteable tracks that was played was pan-pot these walls have water. This was after a good few hours of slow build up real nice house music. Very impressive soundsystem aswell. I also heard the trance lyrics to "Take me away by 4strings into a house beat
Nice!

On came the stage lights and kolletive turmstrasse with his live set, by this time i was really enjoying it and forgot about everything. As everyone rushed to the front of the stage we haggled back so there was room to dance. Great warm up to Solomun he played some nice house and pretty sure he through in some tech house aswell. . We kept going between bars for drinks which was very easy to get served, by about 9.30 Solomun took to the decks.

Waiting patiently for him to start, the lights and lazers flickered and then it came. . A voice "come on baby dance with me" repeated till the kickdrums slipped in followed by a build up of rumbling base. Brilliant. Great way to start a set as the whole crowd responded with smiles, fistpumps and 2 steppin...(60% british, 20%german, 20% italian i would say the crowd was), it contiued that way for a good hour, build up drops, piano intros and more kickdrums.

As time went on I started feeling drowsy, gut ache was coming back as I ran out of tablets, satisfied with what we have seen we left just gone half 10. A brilliant way to start the holiday with some fine music. Will try to catch him at BPM for sure. . We got back to the hotel, conked out on the bed it was the earliest night ive had in Ibiza but considering how ill i was i felt i done well enough to last that long.

We hit the sack and slept well, hoping for a better day tommorow as it was the turn of afterlife, and a trip to Sol House.....TBC

That was a fairly long first day with the "two bob bits"
I've decided that in future I'm not going to plan anything that goes on too late in the first night. 3/4am starts for a flight can take its toll. Good move there by you.

Day 2

We awoke early morning to the sound of house music being played on the rooftop pool and the cleaners making a racket. Quite fresh after a good sleep we decided on Ritas for breakfast after hearing rave reviews.

We took a stroll along the harbour round to Ritas and the place was rammed, lovely looking restaurant with many nationalitys eating breakfast. I decided on thai soup to settle my stomach, a fruit smoothie, and a ham and tomato baguette.
It was one of the healthiest breakfasts ive ever had and it was lush, the menu had quite alot of choice I fully recommend visiting this place. Full belly I left a tip and made our way back to the hotel for a day by the pool.

By this time I was feeling ok I decided to leave the tablets and let nature run its course, our hotel was basic but the tunes were on point and it was full of muff. Which to my misses dismay I had to keep the sunglasses on (as you do) :lol:. . We stayed around the pool topping up the tan till 4pm where we then got ready and decided to head to Koppas for tea. . . Quite a basic restaurant with cheap enough meals, I had the roast beef with all the veg and gravy, is it me or does the gravy always taste like vinegar in Spain?! Satisfied with a full meal and no stomach pains we headed towards sol house about 7pm for some house classics.

Very impressive hotel, if i come back to san antoni bay i will try to stay here, there was a live PR and quite a good looking women with a great voice doing the vocals of house classics, this is where I had my first drink of the holiday! BUZZING.

We got to Space just gone 12.30? Dixon/Ame was on the decks, I was eagerly excited to see these. . .

A few more drinks down on the sunset terrace (cant believe they sell pizza!)we headed to the dancefloor deep in the terraza, it was very much a slow build up of music for the first hour with both trying to build the crowd with anticipation each time, by 1am the techno started to go faster and heavier, unfortunatly someone decided to start smoking a massive spliff on the dancefloor (we never saw him again after that) which my misses bless her got abit stoned off and made her queezy. She doesnt do drugs and had to sit down after literally going abit pale (Amsterdam trip out the question then :)).... she sat down at the bar, whilst I was left on the dancefloor. Fantastic, one of the best sets ive ever heard I was really honoured to be apart of it with it being at Space aswell. Full of dark, haunting techno which is what I wanted to hear. The room being dark helped to add to the atmosphere.

Noteable tracks - Nicole Maudaber - these walls have water (heard this quite alot on the island)

Zephrin Saint - Canima - This track just got me, people was happy dancing with smiles on their face and it was just brilliant.

I met my misses just after 2am and decided to wait near the tables at the bar and decide to carry on dancing there. Which was nice as i could see the whole room in full flow and take it all in. There did seem to be a crowd of people who didnt know what was going on musically and just at space to say they've been thankfully they was nowhere near the dancefloor.

We left just after tale of us came on who started their set with track lyrics of "Stay with me" the whole crowd was singing and dancing to it, cant find it anywhere so hoping it appears on essential mix sometime soon. We left at 4.30am with the aim of seeing what dixon/ame was all about and musically it was of the best nights ive ever had and will live long in the memory. We headed back to san an for trip to the west end my god what a shithole it is after 5am with very dodgy looking characters about. . More drink feeling very merry we headed back to the hotel for some naughty fun :lol:

Another great night topped off at the fact i was fully on the mend. Next up, Friday Music On!

Last edited:
Glad to hear that afterlife was good, really would have liked to have made one of these this summer but my dates just didn't match up. It really does my head in people smoking weed on the dance floor, my gf would have been the same tbh. It stinks and I just don't get why you would want to be stoned out your head but each to their own I guess.

Day 2

We awoke early morning to the sound of house music being played on the rooftop pool and the cleaners making a racket. Quite fresh after a good sleep we decided on Ritas for breakfast after hearing rave reviews.

We took a stroll along the harbour round to Ritas and the place was rammed, lovely looking restaurant with many nationalitys eating breakfast. I decided on thai soup to settle my stomach, a fruit smoothie, and a ham and tomato baguette.
It was one of the healthiest breakfasts ive ever had and it was lush, the menu had quite alot of choice I fully recommend visiting this place. Full belly I left a tip and made our way back to the hotel for a day by the pool.

By this time I was feeling ok I decided to leave the tablets and let nature run its course, our hotel was basic but the tunes were on point and it was full of muff. Which to my misses dismay I had to keep the sunglasses on (as you do) :lol:. . We stayed around the pool topping up the tan till 4pm where we then got ready and decided to head to Koppas for tea. . . Quite a basic restaurant with cheap enough meals, I had the roast beef with all the veg and gravy, is it me or does the gravy always taste like vinegar in Spain?! Satisfied with a full meal and no stomach pains we headed towards sol house about 7pm for some house classics.

Very impressive hotel, if i come back to san antoni bay i will try to stay here, there was a live PR and quite a good looking women with a great voice doing the vocals of house classics, this is where I had my first drink of the holiday! BUZZING.

We got to Space just gone 12.30? Dixon/Ame was on the decks, I was eagerly excited to see these. . .

A few more drinks down on the sunset terrace (cant believe they sell pizza!)we headed to the dancefloor deep in the terraza, it was very much a slow build up of music for the first hour with both trying to build the crowd with anticipation each time, by 1am the techno started to go faster and heavier, unfortunatly someone decided to start smoking a massive spliff on the dancefloor (we never saw him again after that) which my misses bless her got abit stoned off and made her queezy. She doesnt do drugs and had to sit down after literally going abit pale (Amsterdam trip out the question then :)).... she sat down at the bar, whilst I was left on the dancefloor. Fantastic, one of the best sets ive ever heard I was really honoured to be apart of it with it being at Space aswell. Full of dark, haunting techno which is what I wanted to hear. The room being dark helped to add to the atmosphere.

Noteable tracks - Nicole Maudaber - these walls have water (heard this quite alot on the island)

Zephrin Saint - Canima - This track just got me, people was happy dancing with smiles on their face and it was just brilliant.

I met my misses just after 2am and decided to wait near the tables at the bar and decide to carry on dancing there. Which was nice as i could see the whole room in full flow and take it all in. There did seem to be a crowd of people who didnt know what was going on musically and just at space to say they've been thankfully they was nowhere near the dancefloor.

We left just after tale of us came on who started their set with track lyrics of "Stay with me" the whole crowd was singing and dancing to it, cant find it anywhere so hoping it appears on essential mix sometime soon. We left at 4.30am with the aim of seeing what dixon/ame was all about and musically it was of the best nights ive ever had and will live long in the memory. We headed back to san an for trip to the west end my god what a shithole it is after 5am with very dodgy looking characters about. . More drink feeling very merry we headed back to the hotel for some naughty fun :lol:

Another great night topped off at the fact i was fully on the mend. Next up, Friday Music On!
Ritas is the one mate. Also sol house looks decent. We walked past there a few times on our last visit, possibly one of the hotels we'll be looking to book for next year. Glad your sickness eased up while you was over there.

Day 3

We awoke at around 10am, still buzzing from the night before after what we had witnessed, the sun was shining quite early so we decided to hit Ritas for breakfast again, I had the club sandwich which was very filling along with a smoothie.

Our plan was Music On tonight, and after missing Carola last year due to peaking to early we didnt want to make the same mistake again, so we decided to spend most of the day around the pool and catch some sun, at around 4pm we was feeling hungry but didnt know what to fancy. . . After a stroll we found a Spanish restaurant which did great deals 3 course meal for €10. It was the best meal of the holiday.

I had the chicken wings for starters which slid off the bone it was cooked so well, noodle salad with bits of meat for mains and 2 massive melons for dessert, Well worth it. It was called Grill San Antoni. I Fully recommend it its up a side street near the west end.

After eating we decided to stack up on supplies for tonights main event, 100% better and excited we started the session on the balcony before heading towards itaca about 10pm. It was my first time visiting this bar, it had decent tunes but somewhat subdued due to the football being on the TV. We stayed there a good few hours as the clock went midnight, we decided it was still too early to go Amnesia so we ventured into plastik. My god what a dive, full of manbag chavs it could of been forgiven for a bar on broad st the only difference is everyone was on the jack n jills. Garage tunes and mainstream house music we stayed an hour and left for Amnesia.

We arrived after 1am, buzzing with excitment we decided on a plan to stay left of the dancefloor on the terrace and not to move all night, we stocked up on water and had a few bottles of beer before attempting to stay put at the front.

Farone did a great job at building the room up with lots of tech house and loops which was nice, we had a good position and by 2.30am the room was filling up quite busy. I dont take my phone out so was just dancing in anticipation to finally see Carola come on, then one Italian finally shouted "MARCOOO, MARCOOO" and their he was bold as brass necking shots of hierbas ready to start his set. . The room now was very full, 60% italians, 20% british, 20%other. the rip roaring bass rumbled through my body and then the kick drums started once again I will never EVER miss that Ibiza soundsystems! such a buzz. The lazers, the co2 cannon(well needed) and seeing Carola do his buisness will always live long in the memory. . On a sidenote the Italian women are something else pure posers, dont dance and spend most of their time onwhatsapp and taking pictures. Which was annoying as we wanted to dance! Although one could beforgiven for looking like Jasmine Waltz :lol:

By now the front of the terrace was getting quite full with late comers and we was getting jostled towards the bar on the right for space (didnt bother me being jostled but my misses is only small and didnt feel it was fair for her) so we had some drink then left about half 4 quarter to 5ish...happy with what we had seen and that we finally saw him we headed back heads held high. . .our last club night in Ibiza came to a close. . We hit the sack, sweaty, tired and slightly drunk ready to start again on Saturday....

Day Four

After 3 nights of clubbing we decided on just having a few drinks around some bars. Elrow did take my fancy but tickets went up to €50 and that would of hampered our budget a little. There was a techno night on at Eden so I checked it on spotlight to see the line up and they didnt even have anything for it so we gave that a miss.

We decided on Kumharas to watch the sunset and have a meal, earlier in the day we swerved Tapas to go KFC due to its opening hours which turned out to be my biggest regret of the holiday as the meal at Kumharas was SHIT!

Staff was rude, they had no fish, no curry, the Ox steak came out medium when I asked for well done. Not good enough really, if staff are tired and they have nothing on the menu due to end of the season then dont offer nothing at all and stick to drinks. Won't be visiting again. After our meal we went to Peppers to catch upon some footy and drinks before heading to san an.

We went to RIO for cocktails which was dead but worth a try. I had a mojito which costs €12. They have really spent a fortune on it and the decor is really first class , the toilets were all technical with sliding doors and goals and a penalty spot in the urinals to keep you entertained during a long piss.

They played some techno on the roof whilst we sipped our cocktails. Really nice place but for the wrong type of people the rowdy brits wont be paying those prices when the west end is just around the corner IMO so id be suprised if it takes off well next year.

We went to tropi for some trance after that then hush till the early hours, pretty hammered we decided to call it a night. After 4 hours sleep the long trip to the airport awaits.

Summary

A great holiday, the best musically and the fact we made the effort to get up and try new places instead of rotting in my pit made it all worth while.

Im hoping to return for the openings in 2018 but will be giving San Antonio a miss as its served its purpose for me now. If i was to ever go back it would be to stay at Sol House, other than that Santa Eularia seems to be the one for me.

4 days since ive been back and im still suffering the blues!

Thanks for reading. .

Peace

Last edited:
Back