10 Days In Ibiza (August 2015)

ScorpioMan

Hope you enjoy reading my review/blog. I will also post my Vlog url at the end of the blog.

Day 1 (Thursday)

After booking our flights in January at dirt cheap prices, British Airways £181 return from Heathrow (I'm just saying) we were finally off to Ibiza. 7 months of talking about Ibiza, 7 months of occasional shopping for Ibiza, 7 months of gym training, 7 months of reading this forum for hints and tips, it was now time to head to the airport.

I and four other mates all arrive at Heathrow dead on time. It was a pretty straight forward journey, no dramas, no delays, it was all good. We boarded the aircraft, and I was very pleased not to be sitting at the back with a bunch of idiots. You know the type of people I’m talking about. We thought by flying BA we would avoid all the idiots. Sadly not, the idiots are catching on to flying with BA and not with Ryanair or Easy Jet. They must have booked at the same time as me to get the best deal. Luckily I had my headphones and iPad mini. I had season 4 of “Episodes” that I still needed to get through. I totally missed the in-flight meal as I was not looking up from my iPad. You would think the air hostess would give me a little nudge, but no. Anyway, they were serving couscous so glad I missed it.

We arrive in Ibiza where to no surprise the sun was blazing, the bus to San Antonia was every 60 minutes, so we jumped into two cabs and arrived at our hotel 25 minutes later. We had a female taxi driver, however, she smelt like a sweaty man. Not a good look. We stayed at the Marina Playa. For me, self-catering is the way forward. The location was good, just on the bay, about 5 minute walk from the Ocean Beach. The hotel/apartment was clean and the staff were very friendly. I did have a small problem with ants, but as soon as I mentioned it, it was sorted. We dropped our bags and went to the supermarket to stock up on supplies. Pure protein, veg and fruit, minimal carbs if any at all. I did buy some bread, but that was just to soak up the alcohol after a night out.

After a quick shit shower shave (not necessarily in that order), we meet up with our 6th member, who was the oldest, which was great as that didn’t make me the oldest. He was staying in a hotel just down the road. Hotel San Reno I believe. We had a few drinks in our hotel, and then hit the strip. We thought we would just ease ourselves into Ibiza as we had a very demanding schedule, I guess hitting the strip is not the way to do it.

The strip is what it is, you can have some of your best nights on the strip. Personally I think it's a vile area, maybe it would not be so bad if it was a bit more multicultural and not just littered with silly drunk idiots. Anyway after I got drunk, I turned into one of them silly idiots, we danced all night to commercial music in the 70's 80's 90's bar, and the occasional trip across the strip to Soul City.

I eventually lost everyone. I had not Wi-Fi or cellular activity, as I refuse to bow to Vodafone's extortionate prices when travelling abroad, so I thought I'd go it alone.

It was supposed to be a gentle night, however, I had consumed far too much alcohol and was still buzzing. I used my great Ibiza west end knowledge to think where would be kicking at 5.30 am, and then I remembered that Hush should still be kicking. So I head over, and as soon as I'm about to enter, one of my mates come stumbling out, literally fighting his way out. He sees me, and greets me with a hug (a man hug of course), he says, forget Hush, it's a sausage fest. We decided, right it's time for some food. We thought we would posh it up and get some KFC. Then we find two more of our mates, now a party, however there is nowhere decent to go. We getting chatting to these two chicks, one was very attractive, the other was not. Funny it was the not so attractive one that was up for some kind of an alone party, to which we all said, no thanks, but in a very polite way of course. I just told her I have a chick that’s also on the island also. Nothing wrong with a little white lie. Anyway, we escaped the beast’s claws and decided to call it a night. Back to the Marina Playa we go.

Day 2 follows shortly

Funny it was the not so attractive one that was up for some kind of an alone party, to which we all said, no thanks, but in a very polite way of course.

Last night of the holiday may have been a different story maybe?:)

Day 2

I work up around 10.30, I can never sleep for long after consuming much alcohol, had my Berroca, followed by an omelette and frankfurters. We all met by the hotel pool. The weather was blazing, we discussed last night’s antics while preparing for the Straight Up pool party @ Ocean Beach. I attended this even 3 times last year, and for me, it's one of the best daytime parties. If there's good music and happy people, chances are, I'm going to have a good time.

We rock up at about 5pm, which is a good time to get there. The party has really started, it's very busy, a lot busier than last year, the dance floor is going off, everyone seems to be having a good time, we head straight to the bar, I order my usual vodka and diet coke at €9.50, the boys I'm with I proper high rollers. The start straight on the champers, think it was €40 a bottle. there order 4 bottles of bubbly and that was just the first round. The try to offer me some, but they dam well know I hate that stuff, it reminds me of drinking cider at Uni. We park ourselves in our usual spot, just to right of the dance floor if you’re looking at the DJ. Here we have easy access to everything. The bar, the pool, the dance floor, and the toilets if you like.

We are all having a good time, next thing you know it's like 11.30, and the place was still bumping, it's a pity the party has to end. But for some of us, the party was just getting started. We left Ocean Beach when they kicked us out. I was very tired at this point. The plan was to freshen up and hit one of the sunset bars before they close. However, we were delayed as one of my mates did not come out of his room as we were supposed to meet in reception at 12.45am. After some hard banging on his door, we became increasingly worried. The hotel staff let us into his room. That's right, you guessed it, it was a picture/video moment. He was sparked out naked on his bed, we of course took pictures and videos. As soon as we put shaving lotion on him he woke up and was like WTF. We scarpered, we still have the evidence to this day. This will not be shown on the Vlog.

Anyway, he finally gets changed and we head out. At this point, I was thinking I need to sleep. We have a quick drink in Linkers and have a group photo on a key ring, I was on the water by now. No more alcohol for me thanks. Linkers for me was a pile of crap, maybe because I was sober. We headed to the sunset bars, but as you guessed, it was all closed by the time we go there. I said, I'm calling it a night, the other 5 went onto the west end again and partied till the early hours of the morning. Theses amateurs have no idea how to pace them selves.

Standby for day 3

Day 3

I work up refreshed as I had a night off, some of the others, not so much. I even had time to have a high intensity work out in my room. Today was Zoo Project. I was so looking forward to this event. We did it last year and it was brilliant. This year, I tried not talk about it too much as I did not want to be let down. And I can safely say, IMO I was not let down. We all got painted up, this time I went as a Zebra. To be honest I could have been any animal and I would not have known, as I was drinking while getting painted. Last year I went as a tiger, so I thought I'd mix it up a bit (clearly I'm taking this far too seriously) anyway, it cost us €15 for the face and arm paint, among us was a tiger, leopard and a snake. We walked out of the shop looking on top form, except the snake that slithered out.

We jumped into an unlicensed taxi as there were 6 of us, it only took about 10 minutes which was good because we were all cramped like sardines in this dudes little car. We rocked up at Benimussa Park for the Zoo Project at about 6.30 pm. It was very tame (excuse the pun). It's normally very busy, however, this weekend was Radio 1 weekend over at Ushuaia, so Zoo project was not so busy. But that did not stop me from having fun. As my mate says, how can you not have fun when everyone is dressed up like an animal? We drank (or should I say, I drank) and danced till 12. I’m glad I took video footage because I don’t really remember too much from the hours of 8pm till 12. But I know I was in my element. Then everyone started to heading to the exit, Zoo Project was over for another year at least.

Zoo project might have finished, but my night was just getting started. We got on the happiest bus ever back to San Antonio, everyone was singing and dancing on the bus, what a great atmosphere. We eventually arrive at the bus station, we kept out paint on and had a sit down meal near the west end. I was still buzzing and was ready to keep on partying. As I had a day off the previous night, I was still fresh. 3 others decided to call it a night, hell no not me, I'm going out out.

Me and two others went into the west end, we was about to go into Rev's, but then they tried telling me that I have to go in via a rep. I said no, I'll buy whatever drinks I want to buy, they weren't budging, to which I said, no problem, I'll go spend my money in another bar. I don't like be dictated to, especially in the west end of San Antonio.

I decided to chat to random people on the strip and got chatting to theses 3 French chicks, there were cool, my mates had disappeared, probably into Soul City. The music in Soul City is very good, however the cliental is a little young. So I and the 3 chicks decided to party and hit different bars alone up the strip. One of the French chicks decided to call it a night, it was just 3 of us left. It was about 5am, and I remember sitting outside one of the Irish bars feeling very tired, at this point we all jumped in a taxi and headed back to the French chicks apartment. I don't remember too much at this point, but I do remember trying to hail a taxi the middle of nowhere at 9.30 in the morning with half a Zebra painted on my face and arm. I remember the taxi driver asking if I was lost. Ha ha, I'm not falling for that old chestnut. I told him no, I just can't be assed to walk back to the hotel. I know he would have taken me all around the houses if I said I was lost. Anyway, the cab fare was only €5 so you can imagine how close I was to my apartment. It was a great day and night, however for me the holiday was going to get even better. I was up by 12.30 pm ready to get this show on the road again.

Day 4

Had my Berroca, breakfast, and met the boys by our local pool to discuss last night’s antics (again). We were one man down as one had to fly back as he only did a short weekend.

Then there were 5

Today's plan was to head to the Bora Bora beach party. I was looking forward to this as I have never been on the actual Sunday. We could not find our unlicensed taxi friend so took two licences cabs to Playa d'en Bossa. The cabs will only take a maximum of 4.

We rocked up at Bora Bora about 6pm to catch the last of the sun. We wanted to get some sun loungers, however they pack them away at 7pm. I think we were quoted €12 per lounger, but it doesn’t matter as we only had an hour. So we setup camp on the sand as close to the water as possible. We bumped into some chicks we met at the Zoo party, and chilled with them for a while. We got some drinks at the Bora Bora bar which was a mistake. We should have just all chipped in and bought a cooler and drinks from the supermarket. I only had a couple of vodkas. My first vodka was severed to me by the angriest looking meat head in Bora Bora. How he got a job serving customers I'll never know. The only thing I can think off was that the bar staff were short so there asked security to help out. I made sure I was server by the chick on my second vodka. Why I just did not go to the supermarket I'll never know. Just laziness I guess.

As the sun went down, I was waiting to see what Bora Bora beach party was all about.

Maybe I was expecting too much, but it was not really as good as I'd though it would be, maybe cause I was not pilling like the rest of the party goers. Don't get me wrong, everyone was super cool and having a good time, but for me, it was a little too hard core, it seemed it was a little more about how freaky you can look rather than an actual party where everyone communicates with each other. But that's just my opinion. I tried to have a boogie, but I just could not seem to get with it. It was a very strange atmosphere, not a tense one, it just seemed a little bit closed, a little bit incestuous, and I felt like an outsider. I’m probably making no sense here, but it’s a feeling that I can’t really express with words.

However, we were entertained by mister pointy man, every move he was pointing, we loved it so much, we now have a new dance move. Thank you mister pointy man, you were the highlight of a very disappointing Bora Bora beach party.

We ducked out at about 10.30, never a problem getting a cab, in fact it was never a problem getting a cab for the whole 10 days. We headed back to San An, had a meal in the restaurant that is right under our apartment block, and toyed with the idea of partying more, but that idea was never going to be a reality. I needed a break from the west end, I think will all did. So an early night it was.

Day 5

Work up refreshed, had the usual breakfast, and met the boys by our local pool again. You can guarantee that two of them will always be up for a bit of morning sun. Me not so much, my tan is perfect, although I do like it when my skins goes a lot darker. I only use P20, apply it once in the morning then I'm good for the whole day. It's a waterproof oil based sun protection. I swear by it and have used it for the last 10 years. Anyway, enough P20 promotions.

The original plan was to hit DC10 for the CircoLoco party. I have been wanting to do this party for a while now, however, I knew this would be in jeopardy after the boys enjoyed Ocean Beach so much on the Friday. I think they would rather look at chicks dressed to the 9's in there bikini... Oh, and with heels, rather than get a taxi to the other side of the island and attend an event which looks cock heavy and can be very very busy, and also cost about €30 more.

So HedKandi at Ocean Beach it was.

We had some drinks in the room as you do, and headed straight to Ocean Beach for around the same sort of time as before. And wow, it was busier and better than the straight up pool party on Friday. It was awesome, Lovely Laura was performing, and everyone told me before that she was pretty good, I saw a few YouTube clips and thought, she's ok. But hearing and seeing her live was quite a moment. She is better than good, she's bloody awesome, she rocked the crowd, everyone was having a great time, the water was spraying the dance floor was packed, everyone had their cameras out, me included. I was on such a high, pool parties don't get better then this, do they? Then my boys start talking about Miami and Las Vegas pool parties, but they are not a two hour flight away. They say the Ocean Beach is becoming a bit Towie, not from what I saw. All I saw was a bunch of regular people on holiday just letting lose. And even if it was full of the Towie lot, I could not care less as long as we are all have a good time.
The boys again were on the champers, me on the vodka.... Ocean Beach really knows how to throw a party. Was a little bit disappointed when at 11pm there started to kick every one out, but like everything in life, nothing good lasts for ever. We said our good byes, exchanged a few numbers and headed back to the apartment to freshen up and party more.

This was our last night in San An, before moving to Bossa, so we thought we would keep it simple hit the west end as none of us have even packed. Some people do not understand the term keep it simple. We again hit many bars, I was very controlled with my drinking. A certain member of the party was not. He's an ex rugby boy so can drink and drink and drink. We lost him on a few occasions. We found him again being refused entry into Hush. At this point I though this guy needs to be taken care of. And being the Good Samaritan that I am, I said to the others, go enjoy yourself I'll take this guy back to the apartment.

What a mistake that was, he first refused to leave the west end, then he refused to get into a taxi, he just laid on the floor quoting lines from Pulp Fiction. I eventually get him into a taxi, the drivers was like you are coming also right, I was like don't worry, I'm coming to. The taxi ride was very quiet, however every 50-60 seconds my drunken friend would say "Yeah" or "No" like a Spanish bull fighter, the only thing that was missing was him clapping his hands twice before saying "no". The taxi driver was in absolute stitches, and said it’s nice to see funny drunk people. I paid the taxi, and as I looked round he was gone. But found him lying on the stairs of the apartment. The rest you will see on the video log. The most pleasing part was that I managed to get some footage of him wasted, which to this day he does not remember. I stopped filming as soon as he decided to get naked and prance around like a body builder saying "This is all me". Did not really want that on camera. Anyway, I assume he passed out shortly after. I went to my room for a well-deserved sleep.

What a mistake that was, he first refused to leave the west end, then he refused to get into a taxi, he just laid on the floor quoting lines from Pulp Fiction. I eventually get him into a taxi, the drivers was like you are coming also right, I was like don't worry, I'm coming to. The taxi ride was very quiet, however every 50-60 seconds my drunken friend would say "Yeah" or "No" like a Spanish bull fighter, the only thing that was missing was him clapping his hands twice before saying "no". The taxi driver was in absolute stitches, and said it’s nice to see funny drunk people. I paid the taxi, and as I looked round he was gone. But found him lying on the stairs of the apartment. The rest you will see on the video log. The most pleasing part was that I managed to get some footage of him wasted, which to this day he does not remember. I stopped filming as soon as he decided to get naked and prance around like a body builder saying "This is all me". Did not really want that on camera. Anyway, I assume he passed out shortly after. I went to my room for a well-deserved sleep.

This just made my entire day at work! :D:D

Day 6

We checked out of the marina player, and said our good byes to The oldest member of the team, which was disappointing because now I'm the oldest. Ha ha.

Now there are 4 of us. At least we can get one taxi from now on now.

4 of us jumped into a taxi and headed to Playa d’en Bossa for part 2 of the holiday. We check into the Algarb. We went all-inclusive as it was only about €50 more in total. The hotel is Ok, no more no less, it does what it says on the tin. Nice location, decent facilities, good range of food and a very deep swimming pool.

Tuesday's are a very big day on the island, lots to do. The Plan was to hit the Hard Rock pool party, but we were put off by the ticket price. Because Snoop was there it was €80 rather than the €20 on previous Tuesday's, plus we did not check in till about 4pm. We thought we would freshen up get some food then head straight to Beach House for Diynamic Outdoor. We got there at about 9pm, and OMG the place was going off. Music was the best I have on the island so far. Some of the best deep house beats were being rocked, everyone seemed to be having a good time especially me. My mates did appreciate it, but not on the level that I did. The sound system in there is incredible. I'm trying to find a negative, and I'm struggling.

The drinks prices I think were reasonable. I only got a bottle of water which was €5. Did not drink any alcohol in there as I was getting my buzz from the music. There were some people on the beach with their own drinks it would seem, but not blatantly on the beach front of beach house. It's a real shame that it stops at 12pm. It was packed in front where the DJ was, but there was a bit more space on the other side. Unfortunately Solomun was not there, but that did not take anything from the atmosphere and vibe. Really good place to good on a Tuesday for late evening. I can't believe it's a free party. Beach House on a Tuesday comes highly recommended.

We stayed till about 11.45, as we had to get back to the hotel and get changed into out costumes as we had a big night out in Pacha for Flower Power.

Where do I begin? We had already booked tickets so we knew we would be going, so we made sure that we had some 60's clothes. We rocked up and Pacha at about 1am, however decided to hit a pre bar. We went to B-For for a couple of drinks dressed like the characters from Scooby doo, we of course we're getting a lot of attention and random people on the streets wanting their pictures taken with us. I thought that was my 15 minutes of fame. Boy was I wrong. We was about to get even more famous. We entered Pacha at about 1.45. There was a long ass queue. If you have been to Pacha then you kind of know that the entrance is not the most organised. I thought we could jump the queue for two reasons. 1. We had internet tickets, 2. We were in fancy dress. And guess what? we jumped the queue.

So, just a few stats for you. Pacha as a venue holds about 3000 people. There are always more guys then chicks where ever you go, so let's say it's about 60/40. So out of about 2000 dudes, only 5 had dressed in fancy clothes. I and my 3 mates had our 60's costume, and some other dude who was dressed as Michael Jackson. Slightly wrong era, but who cares, he was having fun, and so was everyone in Pacha. I thought more people would have dressed up, but looking back, I'm glad they did not. We were like mini superstars. After we got our drinks (my vodka mixer @ €15), we camped ourselves in the room on the right as you enter. It's normally partitioned off, but it was all open plans, and that’s where the party started. No point telling you how packed Pacha was as it’s to be expected.

Anyway, within second people were swarming around us, wanting pictures with us, chicks mostly, we even let dudes take pictures with us, we don't discriminate, we love everybody. Even had a very attractive Swedish chick almost want to do anything for the one of many peace chains I had around my neck. After a picture and a very long kiss, I handed her my £1.49 peace chain that a bought on eBay. Think it was worth the purchase. Not realizing her mate forgot to hand me back my John Lennon glasses, we just continued to cut shapes to Tina Turner, Lulu and Chubby Checker.

We met so many cool people, what is it with fancy dress that people seem to lose all inhibitions and just approach you like we have been friends for ever. We danced till the early hours, we was about to leave the dance floor, however, we were just dragged back on. The music was good, the atmosphere was great, plenty of tanned Spanish beauties, and the odd Swede of course.

The only disappointing thing is that we were not offered VIP. Thought they would have as it looked really boring in the VIP area.... Ha ha

We left Pacha at about 6.30am, walked past all the stunning high class hoes, and jumped into a taxi and back to the Algarb. What a day, what a night, what a feeling, what an island.

Days 7 follows

Day 7

Today we had tickets to Cirque De La Nuit boat party. Woke up around 11am and that's when the dreaded WhatsApp messages started to come to the group. They were begging for a day off, there were to mash to do the boat party. Two of the 4 bailed, so as a group we made the collective decision to rest. Just so you know, I was well up for it, I did not feel fatigued, in fact, I was going from strength to strength, I was like The Terminator in the first two movies, by far the best Terminators films. T3 was a pile of shit, T4 was ok and T5 I'm yet to see, so no spoilers please. Anyway, back to the story.

We stayed by the hotel pool for most of the sunshine, got chatting to theses chicks, as you do. They were from Hertfordshire, seasoned Ibiza goers, so was nice to exchange stories and tips. They asked what we were doing tomorrow ... I said it's a tossup between Blue Marlin and Destino. We had already had pencilled in Blue Marlin, however Solomun was playing at Destino that Thursday. However, I was unsuccessful in convincing the team to change their mind.

We stayed by the pool the whole day, just catching jokes, talking about a possible Ibiza 2016, and how they could not do 10 days again, bloody wimps. We spoke about a quick trip to Oslo in September and a possible trip to Las Vegas or Miami next year.

We took advantage of the all-inclusive bar, I was ordering vodka chocolate shake. It was recommended by one if the Hertfordshire chicks. It's a very dangerous drink as you can't taste the alcohol even thou it is laced with vodka. After about 4 of them, I had a quick nap on the lounger.

Dinner Is served between 7.30 - 9.30, we thought we would have dinner as late as possible. That's one thing I don't like about all-inclusive hotels, you are on the hotels time, and not your own. Can't remember what I had, but I know it was protine of some kind, and of course skipped desert. That takes some doing, so very proud of my self.

After dinner and a shower, we thought we would see what Bossa has to offer. We headed out at about 11am, stopped off in Top21 (clearly the loudest bar on the drag) and Dunes. Dunes is a very nice venue, but just not busy enough. Also the new bar next to Dunes, Xoyo was not very busy either, however dose look very nice from the outside. In fact, IMO, there's not really that much to do in Bossa if you don't go Space or Ushuaia. I'm not even going to include Sankeys on that list. Yeah, there are a few bars, but they are all a little tame. It was getting late, one of my mates called it a night as he was suffering a little from all the smoking in bars. That does not happen in the UK as is now against the law, but it's all the rage in Ibiza. The remaining 3 went onto Swag. Music is good if you like R&B and hip hop. It was not busy, in fact every time I have been there it's never busy, which was also said by some of the promoters. I would be surprised if it remains for a 3rd season. If they moved that club to San An, it would be very busy no doubt. But the place as a venue is way too classy for San An... No offence. We cut some shapes on the dance floor, showed them how to do it London style, then headed back to the hotel.

Word of warning, the walls are very thin in the Algarb. I was awoken to a couple in the room next to mine having a bit of hanky panky. So I thought I'd listen for a bit, as you do. 45 minutes later and she was still moaning. Now this to me did not sound like regular moaning, she was clearly faking it, or I'm just not doing it right, I very much doubt it's the latter (I hope). Not jealous in the slightest, I continued to listen. After an hour or so, it was still going on, and her sounds were becoming even more exaggerated, I wanted to knock on the door and tell the dude "mate, she faking it". Just as I was becoming frustrated (not sexually I might add) I heard three very loud knocks on the wall. That's how loud it was, as it was the room on the other side. They must have also had enough of all that noise. Then surprisingly all the noises stopped. I guess if I was with a family, I probably would have said something. Anyway, I'm not a party pooper, good luck to him and to whatever he was shagging.

Day 8

Same routine, had breakfast, sat by the pool for an hour or so, spoke with the Herefordshire chicks, who had decided to go to Destino. I was very jealous as it was my first choice. Anyway, we thought we would mix it up a bit a spend a day on the beach. To make it more fun, we played a game called how many chats. Basically, the idea of the game is to stop chicks on the beach that a walking past, and you have to keep them talking about some bullshit for more than 10 minutes. Once you have done your 10 minutes, that's a point to you. It's hilarious you should all play it. Who knows what it could lead to, like I found out? Of course I'm not going to go into details, but let's just say that it's not for the faint hearted. Moving swiftly along.

Tonight we planned to head to Blue Marlin (sadly, not Destino). Had dinner at the hotel then put on our best rags and headed to Cala Jondal. It was about €15 in a taxi from Bossa. We arrived at about 9pm and the party was in full swing. Very nice venue, people were dressed rather smartly, as smart as you can be for a beach club. Chicks in nice dresses over there bikini, dudes in smart shorts and causal shirts or t-shirts. Headed straight to the bar and bought my usual mixer of vodka & diet coke, think it was €12, defiantly was not more the €14. The music was commercial house which was cool. Nice vibe, nice atmosphere, attractive women, not all were Russia hookers, which is what I heard there were lots off. Not that I have an issue with Russian hookers, I'm just saying. As I was getting my vodka, I noticed a very attractive chick looking over at me. Clearly a mature women because she was fairly blatant about it, but in a very casual way. Of course I walk over, as it would be rude not to. We start talking, and hit it off instantly. She was from Valencia and on holiday for a month or so. There were no uncomfortable silences. Unlike some women, she knew how to make conversation, which was rather refreshing. She had her friend with her, so one of my mates played wing man. Although you could argue that her mate was just as attractive but not as tanned, so I was happy with my choice. We hung out for about a hour or so, then her and her friend had to leave. We exchanged a few things, I saw her out to her car as she had driven, and waved her good by. Nice work I said to my self. We kind of said to link up on Saturday night. Anyway, I went back into the club and then was tasked of playing wing man now for my mate. Christ this is exhausting. Luckily she was a very attractive Italian chick. I went in with sole purpose of just being polite, but as I looked into her eyes, I said to my self, dam your gorgeous. Did not say it out loud of course, I’m not a animal, I kept it cool. Anyway, it became quite apparent I was no longer playing wing man. Although the Spanish chick was probably better looking, the Italian had something about her. Anyway, we exchanged details, as her and her friend were leaving also. Nice work I said to my self again.

I found my mates again and we had a wonder out to the beach to check out the Yachts, although it was very dark. The music went off at 12, they did not really ask people to leave till about 1am. One of the Blue Marlin girls asked if she called us a cab, we were like year, sure. About 5 minutes later she came back and said, the cab may take a while, and that she could organise for one of the Blue Marlin drivers to take us wherever we wanted to go. So of course I was the only one to ask how much will that be, to which she replies, there's no cost, it's a service we offer to our clients. I would prefer the word customers, nevertheless, we jumped into the Mercedes 350 ML and headed into Ibiza town, why not, we were dressed the part. We tipped the driver, as you do, and had a walk by the marina. We argued about how much one of these super yachts cost. It would be awesome to have a party on one of those yachts. Unfortunately, I don’t keep that kind of company.

Anyway, we were starving, we tried to eat at the end of the marina in that restaurant called Calma, however it was after 2am and had stopped severing food, so we made do with more alcohol and some olives on the side. We took some pictures of Dalt Vila, which is stunning by night time. The club called Lio is just on the marina, so thought we'd at least ask the question, knowing full well I was not going to pay the entry charge. He tells me two things, 1 it’s €75, 2 no shorts, so I banged on about the shorts, just so he did not think I was cheap.... Ha ha. I had no intentions of paying that much to get in. Saying that, the class of chicks going in and out was very high. Even the hookers look the part (I'm just saying).

We walked passed Pacha where David Gutter's F**k me I'm famous was on, the queue at 3am was still very long, we had no intentions of going in there either. It was around 4am in the morning, and it was another one of our mates last night also. So we headed back to Bossa, got some KFC and called it a night.

It was a very nice day, really enjoyed Blue Marlin, glad I went now, but was told the main day is a Sunday. If we go next year, it will be Blue Marlin on the Sunday and if Destino is still having the Thursday events we can do that on that day also. Top day and night.

Stayed in the Algarb myself, my mate and his woman stayed next door and after the 1st night had a little hank panky so me and my girlfriend had to rush to get are speaker to drown out the moans lol just lets say next day around the pool when all of my mates where there was a good laugh, agree the Algarb is ok you get what you pay for and the walls are paper thin big put off lol

Day 9

I had a nice sleep, sadly no hanky panky sounds from next door, they must have checked out L. We said our goodbyes to another team member. Now there are 3. But we are the hard-core 3. It’s always us 3 that travel everywhere together. It was us 3 that booked the Ibiza first, and the rest just jumped on board. We only had a couple of days left, and so far, it’s been an immense trip. I could so easily have stayed out there longer. I would have taken great pleasure in phoning my work place and calling in sick. I wouldn’t have even put on that sick voice. I would have taken that mandatory 5 working days without a sick note. But then reality hits you and you think I’d have to shell out another grand on hotels and parties etc. If I ever win big on the lotto, I will have my yacht docked in Ibiza town, and my driver always outside ready to drive me everywhere. Anyway, enough dreaming, back to the story. Don’t worry folks it’s almost over. I know your all dying to see the Vlog J

We had no plans for the Friday at the time, but kind of had the notion that we would jump into a cab a hit the Ocean Beach pool party (again), and why not. If it isn’t broke, why fix it. So that's what we done. I really can't say anything more about the pool party that I haven’t already said. It was the same again, so I won't bore you on what an absolute brilliant time I had again. On a par with Monday's party, maybe just that little better if that's even possible.

We left there just before 12 as we had tickets for Glittlerbox at Space. During the holiday we spoke to various people and some say that Glittlerbox is a gay party some say its gay friendly. Well regardless of what it was, I had paid so I was going, and would make my own decision. We get back to the hotel to freshen up then made the very short journey to Space via KFC. We got to Space at about 1.30am, no queues, just walked straight in. The main room was closed however the terrace and the small room was open. The terrace was kicking playing out some real wicked disco house tunes, it was a cool party, not overly packed, it was just right. They even had air conditioning on the terrace. Sankeys should take note. Anyway, got myself the usual drink at €18, by far the most expensive, and the measure was more like a UK measure, I was extremely disappointed. Anyway, the show must go on. I was still trying to sus out whether it was a gay or gay friendly party. Not that I'm bothered I was just curious to know as I have never been to a gay party before. I think my conclusion is that it was gay friendly. I could be wrong? Anyway, we just headed to the nearest bunch of chicks and just socialised with them for the rest of the night. We knew Ultra Nata was performing but that was not till 4am, and knowing Spain and artists I kind of figured she would be on stage at 5am.

But to my surprise, 4am came, and I heard the song "New Kind of Medicine", f*** me she was on time. She sang all her biggest songs finishing with "I'm Free", she had a standing ovation, only because there were no seats in SpaceJ. The girl done good. It was about 5.30am and we decided to leave. We got some carbs and headed back to the hotel. It was an eventful trip back to the hotel. I’m really sorry guys, but this is one part of the holiday I wish not to speak about, nothing bad, just best not to divulge.
Almost there folks, day 10 follows soon

Stayed in the Algarb myself, my mate and his woman stayed next door and after the 1st night had a little hank panky so me and my girlfriend had to rush to get are speaker to drown out the moans lol just lets say next day around the pool when all of my mates where there was a good laugh, agree the Algarb is ok you get what you pay for and the walls are paper thin big put off lol
You and the misses should have taken it as a competition :) That would be a fun game

Back