Your most powerful Ibiza memory.

Infamous

This is totally a cheesy topic, but a fun one never the less, and I am always interested in other people stories and experiences. I often am amazed by what others consider amazing or what others have experienced, that i have missed on my vacation. So in lieu of that, i propose this topic, where you write out your favorite or most memorable or powerful Ibiza memory. I'll start.

My memory is from 2004, it was the first year that I had gone to Ibiza. The whole process of going to Ibiza came about after a session that 3 friends and I had at the gym earlier that day. We had gone to the gym at 7pm and ended up at my house at some time around 10:30pm, ordered a pizza and began chatting. Somewhere along the way we began joking about how during school we had always talked about going to Ibiza and how mental it looked on the internet and in magazines. All of a sudden one of us spoke up and said "why don't we just do it then".

This may seem like a small undertaking, but if you live in Canada, its not at all. Airfare to Europe is about $1000.00 and then we had to take care of all out other transport and accommodation.

Anyway, that's enough of the details, my most powerful memory comes from my first entry to Amnesia. It was our second week on the island (we spent 3 weeks there) and I had sort of become accustomed to the island in a way. We had already been to Pacha, but Pacha wasn't really my thing. Some of my friends loved it, but the whole glamour, status, spend money until everyone likes you thing, isn't my bag. When we entered Amnesia, it was for Cream, and it was one of the famed nights where Tiesto and PVD play back to back. I remember walking into the club and having my ears filled with James Holden - Nothing (93 Returning Mix). One of my favorite trance songs. Tiesto was on the decks and despite my opinion that he is not a brillinat DJ, he was actually doing a good job warming up for PVD. I remember stopping and staring over the whole crowd, lasers and all, thinking "so this is what dance music is all about". Never having been to anything like that in North America before. It was sublime, and then i proceeded to go mental and have the best clubbing night of my entire night. It has never been matched before.

Alright, most people probably didn't read that, but go crazy, show me what you've got!

Some great experiences but sadly the memory fails me :lol:

I guess the main one would be 1990 - first trip to Ibiza and ending up in Privelege totally overwhelmed by everything....

CircoLoco @ DC-10 opening this year. Our first time there.

We got there around 5 and went straight to the terrace, it was perfectly busy, room to dance, the huge fans were blowing cool air right at us, the sun beamed through the windows. After seeing so many videos of CircoLoco and hearing so much hype it actually felt pretty surreal being there.

People can bang on about how it's not the same as it used to be but that doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to someone going for the first time.

That's my favorite Ibiza moment, but I'm fully expecting that to change this year as I'm hiring a car and going a drive about the island for 2 days . I'm guessing that will make more of an impression on me than any club.

Probably nothing totally amazing to anyone else.. :lol: I'm easily pleased.

First time I went to Space back in 1997 (**** where does the time go!)
They played Ultra Nate "I'm Free" and it just brought tears to my eyes. It was a truly beautiful moment.

2005 - Driving off the ferry qnd seeing Ibiza Port glistening in the morning heat (I am a bit of a nomadic person)... and for the first in my life somewhere felt like home..

We Love Sundays at Space - August 2001
Laurent Garnier finish's off in the old terrace at 23:50 dropping "The Man with the Red Face" the original and of course not long out at the time .....

space to dance, smiling face's everywhere and probs still my best clubbing moment to date ...... -

Aaaaaahhhhh ! Goooood Tiiiimes 8)

My first holiday to Ibiza, it always seemed something that would never happen as we were always told how expensive it was then one year we just decided to go for it.

I think just the fact we were there was enough for us but then going out every night to some of the craziest places I had ever seen and just the whole everyone being so friendly did it for me....I just thought back to Kevin & Perry when they are in Amnesia and feeling a bit like that like "we are in Ibiza!!!!!! Hurrah" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing will ever beat the first time there.

this might not have happened - memory is hazy

2000 in Space for Home

Lawler closes the old terrace

inside for Sasha & Digweed

climbing up one of 2 scaffolding bits at the dancefloor to dance there with several nutters

we love sundays at space - august 2001
laurent garnier finish's off in the old terrace at 23:50 dropping "the man with the red face" the original and of course not long out at the time .....

Space to dance, smiling face's everywhere and probs still my best clubbing moment to date ...... -

aaaaaahhhhh ! Goooood tiiiimes 8)

i was there then!! 8)

There's a couple of memories for me really and I cant decide between the two. It was in 2006 and it was my first time on the island. Now it would either have to be, walking into amnesia for the first time to hear Above and Beyond dropping 'Aalto 5' (on that sound system it sounded f**kin superb) and finally thinking to myself, 'I'm here' Or it would have to be my first ever sunset at Mambo. Once again it's the realisation that your actually at this iconic place in the world and as someone mentioned earlier, it's kinda surreal. The sunset was breathtaking and every hair on my body stood on end!!!

Me and my mates went to book a holiday to magaluf , ibiza came up cheaper and the excitement kicked in , funnily enough my most memorabe moment was that of walking into amnesia 14th july 2004 tiesto warming up for van dyk , i took one look around me and thought **** me so this is what ibiza's all about , tell you what best night of my life by far tiesto rocked the place , the new terrace opening in 2005 @ space i was there and it went off big time , i've never looked back never ever been to magaluf thank christ long live IBIZA

mine is back in september 2002 at manumission closing party at privilege, fatboy slim was playing that night, and he rocked the place from coming on at 3.30am until the club decided to close at 9.30am, and me andmy mates was still there going nuts at that time, coming out of privilege at 9.30 with the sun burning and then trying to get a taxi to the carry on at space, which we did eventually, space turned out to be a blur but a great day, and got home about 3pm and just sleeping for a whole day near enough, before waking up and going to cream at amnesia on the thursday

best few days ever!

this might not have happened - memory is hazy

2000 in Space for Home

Lawler closes the old terrace

inside for Sasha & Digweed

climbing up one of 2 scaffolding bits at the dancefloor to dance there with several nutters

by the way

if anyone can confirm that this could have happenend - would be nice

i'm positive that there were 2 scaffolding rigs in the discoteca and the crazy kids +me descended upon them

:eek:

august 2001, we had gone to book a holiday last minute...my dad had said "go anywhere except ibiza and not 18-30's" so what did we book...lol.
it cost £109, could hardly turn it down!!

4 days later we were at the airport.
almost didnt go cos my grandad died just before we went, but then found out he had been saving money specifically for me to take
then one of my mates passports was out of date by a month (turned out to be ok, they let her in!)
probably the worst flight i have ever been on, came to land in ibiza an couldnt cos the storm was so bad. ended up flying round for an extra 2 hours..apparently lots of planes had to land in majorca or somethin.

bit of a long story i know, but after all the s**t before we got there, it was soooo worth it!! cant even pick out one moment, just the whole holiday was amazing. absolutely fell in love with the place! going back for the 5th time on the 22nd aug! 8)

Frankie goes to Hollywood

Back in 2002 with two mates hanging over the balcony (arms in the air) of our hotel @ 7am on return from Space with the power of love blaring from our ghetto blaster and getting cheered by a coach load of newcomers looking all freshfaced and happy to be in Ibiza.:eek::eek::eek:

There's a couple of memories for me really and I cant decide between the two. It was in 2006 and it was my first time on the island. Now it would either have to be, walking into amnesia for the first time to hear Above and Beyond dropping 'Aalto 5' (on that sound system it sounded f**kin superb) and finally thinking to myself, 'I'm here' Or it would have to be my first ever sunset at Mambo. Once again it's the realisation that your actually at this iconic place in the world and as someone mentioned earlier, it's kinda surreal. The sunset was breathtaking and every hair on my body stood on end!!!

Sums it up perfectly 8)

Back