Best night:

Worst night:

Best bar:

Best place to eat:

Money spent:

Biggest regret:

Going back?:

Top tip:

(Nice to see I'm the first one this year!)

Dates you were there: 23rd to 30th May 2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Es Vive

Club nights visited: Circo Loco at DC10 opening (saw Tiger & Woods, Akufen, Ellen Allien, Tale of Us, Jamie Jones, Cassy, Jackmaster); Tribal Sessions at Sankeys opening (Blawan, Redshape, Jozef K & Shlomi Aber); My House at Pacha (Tiga, 2 Many DJs & Martin Solveig).

Best night: All three were good fun with a really varied mix of DJs/live sets but Pacha probably just pips it as it was the one I was expecting the least from (never enjoyed Pacha; Tiga was disappointing at Elrow last summer; 2 Many DJs often play the same set) but the crowd was really friendly and it wasn't too busy. 2 Many DJs played the best set I've heard from them although most of the music all night was good. Would probably have chosen DC10 as the best one but it was just too busy, especially on the Terrace with no room to dance, meaning I had to stand outside for Cassy's set. Redshape's live set at Sankeys was really good too, and someone I never thought I'd see in Ibiza.

Worst night: No bad ones although it would be good to go to DC10 when it's less packed. Had a disappointing meal in La Torreta on the Sunday night, which is usually our favourite restaurant. The staff were very nice about it though.

Best bar: The roof terrace at Es Vive is out of this world, although only open for residents & their guests. Otherwise, La Bodega is always good fun and the cocktails at Hidden were sublime.

Best place to eat: Really gutted to see that Blonde wasn't open - I really hope they open up later in the season as it such as fantastic spot and the food was wonderful. Sadly, we didn't have any outstanding meals this trip, although the pizza at El Pirata was very tasty and nice to be there when they don't cram everyone in. Diva in Figueretas is a good addition to the promenade there and the food in Hotel Es Vive is also excellent.

Money spent: Around £900 excluding hotel & flights

Biggest regret: No regrets!

Going back?: Yep, in August

Top tip: Hire a car to explore the island and keep sleep to a minimum (although paying for it now!)

Dates you were there: 20th May - 31st May

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Club Bossa Park, Agroturismo Can Gall, Hacienda Na Xamena

Club nights visited: IMS night 1, Kings of House @ Pacha, Destino Opening

Best night: IMS followed by Pacha was an awesome combo…Solomun and Sven were amazing and good seeing Luciano outside in the sunshine. Tony Humphries, Morales and Louie Vega really on point at Pacha, proper house music just sounds so good there!

Worst night: Didn't do too much clubbing so didn't really have one. Destino was very crowded and tough getting a drink but music was good and it was still lots of fun!

Best bar: Sa Trinxa never fails! Had a wonderful day there getting pissed on cava sangria with a load of friends and family!

Best place to eat: First meal at Fish Shack and I have to say really lived up to the hype!

Money spent: Too much but it was my wedding so had to go big!

Biggest regret: not doing more clubbing! Missed Solomun @ Pacha night before the big day…uuggghh!

Going back?: ASAP

Top tip: Get a car and do the rounds. The beaches in the north of the island really are beautiful!

Dates you were there: 21st May - 26th May

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Garbi, PdB - really good Hotel on a perfect location

Club nights visited:
IMS Festival part I @Dalt Villa
Bora Bora Beach Festival
Andrea Oliva @Ushuaia Beach Club
Rumors Opening @Beach House
Solomun + 1 Opening Pacha
Cirque de la Nuit Boat & Pool Party
Cuff Opening @Sankeys

Best night:
IMS Festival part I: awesome location and a great lineup (Solomun, Sven Väth, Pete Tong)
Solomun + 1 Opening PachaUsually I'm not a big fan of Pacha, but this was by far the best night I have ever had in Pacha, great Atmosphere and great set by Solomun. Also a crowd that came because of the music and not because of the name Pacha.

Worst night: Cuff Opening @Sankeys. I don't get why Sankeys is so popular in this forum. No atmosphere and really empty. I was just there because I got free entrance from CDLN.

Best bar: I don't do bars, I just have my own drinks and go to the Beach Parties to warm up.
Andrea Oliva @Ushuaia Beach Club
Rumors Opening @Beach House

Best place to eat: S'enramada is always nice

Money spent: 550€ for flight and hotel + 400€ for Clubs, drinks and Scooters

Biggest regret: Should have gone to DC10 Opening after the boat party, since the pool party and Sankeys were not so good.
Going back?: yes, probably for the closings

Top tip:
CLDN Boat party was really good. But only on the boat, Pool Party and Sankeys were not good afterwards.
Rent a scooter and get around the Island, there are so many hidden places to discover.

Dates you were there: 20.5. - 6.6 (we booked till the 2nd and extended it ;-))

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): apartment in Playa d'en Bossa

Club nights visited: IMS Day 1 (Solomun, Sven...), Sankeys Opening Part 2, Tribal Session Opening, Solomun + 1 Opening, Cocoon Opening, Guy Gerber at Beachhouse, Cirque de la Nuit Boat & Pool, Pukka up Opening Friday + Ibiza Rocks

Best night: Solomun's Set at IMS, Solomun+1

Worst night(afternoon): Pukka up boat party, I thought they doing good...the "music" was grab, no/bad organisation, best part was to leave this boat

Best bar: our fridge & balcony

Best place to eat: Forever in PdB was my surprise this time. Lunch at Nassau was good as usual.

Money spent: 1300€ + flight + accommodation

Biggest regret: did Pukka up & didn't made it to Ushuaia Opening

Going back?: yes in July and Closings

Top tip: Don't miss any set of Solomun! This guy is amazing, never get bored of him. Best vibes! Do the cirque de la nuit boat, best way to party in the afternoon. Guy Gerber at Beach House is also top!

Dates you were there: 16.05.2015 - 23.05.2015

Where you stayed: Central City, San Antonio central

Club nights visited: Sankeys Opening Part 1, IMS at Dalt Vila Part 1

Best club night: IMS. Good vibes. Didn't stay too late (end of Luciano's set).

Worst night: Sankeys. Where do I start? Chaos on the front door. Really shitty that they stuck pre-sales tickets in same line as their guestlist & VIP queue. Customers who paid on the door walked straight in, and with discount wristbands it wouldnt've have worked out much more expensive. Instructed by the incompetent doorstaff to join the incorrect queue not once, but twice, meaning we had to wait even longer. Once inside - having queued with the blaggers and the pushers in - after about an hour visited the bar to be robbed blind by a btl of water & San Miguel costing me €18!!! (remember when Sankeys used to be reasonably priced?!) Was inside a total of 20mins before the missus realised her purse had been pinched from right under our noses. Only a tiny amount of money was inside, thank christ. But it was the straw that broke the camels back and we left soon after Ida & Beyer jumped on. Real shame. It was a dreadful experience from start to finish, and it doesn't do anything to endear this venue to me. I understand it was first night and lots of new staff, but the queuing system in particular was unfair and really poorly managed. As for the doorman telling us to join to wrong queue = prick.

Best bar: we mostly drank in our room, apart from at meal times.

Best place to eat: El Chiringuito, Cala Gracionetta. First time we've eaten here after being meaning to for a while. It didn't disappoint! Splendid food & drink, exceptional service and beautiful location. We most definitely will be back!

Money spent: it was a budget break, but still managed to spend in excess of €500.

Biggest regret: Not staying for Solomun, Sven & Damien Lazarus at IMS / bothering to go Sankeys.

Going back?: Well of course! ;) October for Closings (and my 30th!!!) ... and hopefully for a few days mid-season!

Top tip: it goes without saying, but look after your personal possessions. We were completely sober when we became victims, and it ruined our night.

Dates you were there: 12th of June to the 17th June.

My stag party and literally just got back today!

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa Monte Cristo - booked through Ibiza Villas 2000. A great villa for a group of 17 guys. Sometimes struggled with taxi's but it was great to be able to walk from Amnesia to the villa and have a a super market nearby.

Club nights visited:

WAR at Hard Rocks Hotel - DJ EZ
El Row at Space
Viva Warriors Sankeys
Cocoon at Amnesia

One of my mates was still up for it last night so wandered off to Together at Amnesia while we were having drinks at the Villa.

Best night:

Cocoon -- being the last night of the trip I was a bit of a mess when I got in, having been forced to drink loads by my friends at the stag, but when I came to I was really able to enjoy Adam and Ida's set. Loved the atmosphere in the main room and the vibe of the place. Usually I hate being clubs when they turn the lights on, but was great to be part of the sunset in the terrace. We stayed until we were chucked out and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Looking back at the photos I get shivers in my spine. Everyone in the group agreed that it was the best night.

I really enjoyed Steve Lawler at Sankeys but Cocoon topped it.

Worst night:

WAR at ibiza Rocks. I have seen EZ in the past in London and really enjoyed it. But the vibe in Ibiza was very different. I really noticed a different atmosphere when there were loads of English people at nights, which is why I didn't like it. Didn't like San Antonio as a whole, went to the sunset strip and avoided the west end like the plague. Comparing to dancing with a load of moody rude boys at WAR and then going to Cocoon which seemed to be a more mixed-European crowd, you could really tell the difference. You could argue that Sankeys was a pretty English crowd but you didn't notice it through the vibe as much, and I really enjoyed Steve Lawler's tunes.

Best bar: Didn't really go to many bars. Went to Rumours at Beachouse and left after a drink after we realized that we would be broke pretty soon.

Despite my post above, we walked over to Bora Bora and actually had a really decent time. Was amusing there.

It was unbelievable how in your face the drug dealers are out there....not complaining, just so suprised!

Best place to eat: Probably at Tapas at San Antonio.

Money spent: Dread to think - probably a grand....

Biggest regret: As it was my stag do I was pretty battered through excessive drinking and what not so my memories are pretty hazy. But to be expected!

Going back?: (Not sure, am 32 and Ibiza was always a must do, but now that I have done it, and loved it, I feel that there are other places to visit and see in the world. Though would love to do Cocoon at Amnesia again.)

I wrote the above the day after I got back, but over time this has changed to a definite yes!! Reallly want to go back.

Top tip: Don't over do it before these amazing club nights!

Last edited:
Dates you were there: 12/6/15 to 19/6/2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): club bahamas, playa den bossa

Club nights visited: glitterbox @ space, vagabundos @ space, warrior grooves @ es paradis, dynamic @ beach house

Best night: best crowd - dynamic at beach house, best dj set - marco loco at warrior grooves, best overall experience (crowd/music/experience) - vagabundos

Worst night: None - I'm on holiday and always make sure I enjoy every minute. had tickets for We love opening party at sankeys, but ended up leaving it as needed a rest by then, so maybe that counts

Best bar: El Chiringito at Es Cavallet

Best place to eat: Passion Cafe - ate there most days for breakfast and/or dinner. reasonably priced wholesome healthy food and smoothies.

Money spent: €2000 spends for two of us plus flights and accommodation

Biggest regret: Not thanking joey negro personally for dropping a chic record on the terrace at glitterbox. I love you for that, Joey.

This is not strictly a regret, but being my first trip back to the island in 9 years I was sad to see the invasion by tourists / stag parties in fancy dress / wannabe VIPs who seem to be there simply to be seen by others rather than for the music and experience. How 'very important' can you be if you've had to pay hundred of euros to get in? Not very is the answer, so please stop acting 'large'

Going back?: undoubtedly

Top tip: Relax and go with the flow. Don't try to force every night to be a massive one. Smile and be friendly to people. Also, pack a sweatshirt or something warmer if you're going early/late season - it can be pretty breezy and cool at night.

Dates you were there: 13/6/15 - 20/6/15

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mare Nostrum, Playa D'en Bossa

Club nights visited: Elrow @ Space, Do Not Sleep @ Vista Club

Best night: Elrow

Worst night: Ending up in hospital on the tuesday and f***in up the rest of the week for myself. Can Misses hospital is excellent though.

Best bar: Die Kleine Kneipe - for my weissbier fix.

Best place to eat: Die Kleine Kneipe or La Griferia

Money spent: £375 on flight and hotel, 600 euro on food/drink etc

Biggest regret: Missing alot of nights I was looking forward to - Rumors, Cocoon, Insane..

Going back?: Yep, next June probably.

Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times. Never thought I'd say this but I'll be avoiding PDB strip as much as I can in the future, the amount of times you're harassed walking down it is getting a bit too much. I could see me staying at the top of the beach next time or even just going back to Figueretas.

Worst night: Sankeys. Where do I start? Chaos on the front door. Really shitty that they stuck pre-sales tickets in same line as their guestlist & VIP queue. Customers who paid on the door walked straight in, and with discount wristbands it wouldnt've have worked out much more expensive. Instructed by the incompetent doorstaff to join the incorrect queue not once, but twice, meaning we had to wait even longer. Once inside - having queued with the blaggers and the pushers in - after about an hour visited the bar to be robbed blind by a btl of water & San Miguel costing me €18!!! (remember when Sankeys used to be reasonably priced?!) Was inside a total of 20mins before the missus realised her purse had been pinched from right under our noses. Only a tiny amount of money was inside, thank christ. But it was the straw that broke the camels back and we left soon after Ida & Beyer jumped on. Real shame. It was a dreadful experience from start to finish, and it doesn't do anything to endear this venue to me. I understand it was first night and lots of new staff, but the queuing system in particular was unfair and really poorly managed. As for the doorman telling us to join to wrong queue = prick.
not liking the being robbed part though! I've been debating Sankeys for the first time this year, but not so sure i'll bother now :confused:

15-24th June 4th trip to Ibiza

San Antonio - Central Park Apartments - 2nd time here

• Ibiza Sensations -

Chilled day in a jacuzzi bed and lovely food and drink. Worth the spend on a VIP bed as get a great day for your money. Our 3rd time at this place. €250 euro with €200 for drink
And food.

• Life in Colour@Privi

Free wristband in San Antonio if get in before 2. Free bus from bus station with Privi on the side. Bad move as everybody going for same reason. Then que for 1.5 hours in squashed conditions to try and get in. Dangerous is not the word. Pay instead.

First time in Privi. Verdict massive old and not overly friendly staff. But if you like Edm then paint party is for you. Maybe Supermatxe would be better option but went as only day with no other plans.

• Cream@Amnesia

2nd time for Cream and bought VIP balcony. Had some bevy on the bus before hand and on the wee wall outside before heading inside. Loads of teens who got rejected giving away unused free tickets away.

Big weird German guy who had no mates trying to link onto me and the wife. Body swerved him a few times in the night.

Omnia on first in the main room bashing out hits like diffusion, infina and the Light.

JOC. Banging as usual with a mix of softer touches. Funny and all the way through his set the omnia logo was still showing.

Aly and Fila. Best trance Dj put there in my opinion these days. Never seen as collective but on his own Fadi can read a room as good as any dude out there. Finshed off a great night for us.

Mark Knight playing in the terrace around 3 was a great little change as we were in the VIP balcony all you had to do was walk a few feet and you were away from the trance action and into house beats.

• Judge Jules Opening@Eden

2nd time at Eden after 2012

Bought tickets the night before and then won VIP through Jules website so had a upgrade into the seated area and also got into to Dj booth with the Judge.

Third party were pretty cool on before getting the mixed to older crowd of obvious Jules veterans including dude with the teddy on the shoulder who must be well known as even the stunning dancers wanted a kiss of this old dude.

We chatted to Jules before his set about Ibiza and also the Arches closure in Glasgow etc. He is one of the nicest Dj put there always a top dude.

Banged out classics like kernkraft - zombie nation and Marc et Claude - need your lovin ( like a sunshine)

• Zoo Project

I got burned that day doing some paddle surf so the Zoo was pretty good option to enjoy tunes and not have to dance too much as had many areas like the pool for sun and House beats living room offering shade and funky soul and a BBQ which was doing hot dogs, chicken, ribs etc

The seal pit was great at night with more tech beats.

• Nikki beach and Melia Me hotel@santa Eulalia

uber posh but not as expensive as blue marlin style and enjoyed the vibe.

- Aperture bar at marina playa San Antonio Bay

Best cocktails all holiday and cheap and amazing place for sunset which was posh too.

• Food

Breakfast at bar closest to San Antonio Bus station - very Spanish local place with brilliant coffees and breakfasts.

Ocean beach - awesome platters

Tapas Bar Lounge San An - as good as the great trip advisor reviews say. Not char or expensive

El Rincon De Pepe - San An

Good tapas at reasonable prices
But nothing more

Rita's Cantina - mixed opinions my food was lovely fresh fruity salad with tasty chicken but wife had bland pork kebabs with nasty noodles.

Zaguan Ibiza Town - my wife is Basque and even by those standards the pinxtos were amazing

Elements Beniras

Mixed poor and friendly service relating to ordering and returning Aioli. Bland and none whatsoever hints of Garlic. Apparently most tours it from Uk don't like the garlicky versions so don't bother with putting it in. Well don't sell it as Aioli then. Cocktails bland but main courses were excellent. Chicken with black rice and lovely mustard Infusion and wife had watermelon salad.

Booked again for September and also planning 3 days Formentera/4days trip Ibiza town for 2015

Top Tip 1

Clubs you wanna defo go too - buy them

Clubs you might want to go to - buy or blag your way out there.

Top Tip 2

Factor 50 sun cream

Top Tip 3

Mid week recover kit. Aloe Vera, Vit C, Aquarius juice, multi bionta, ginger or whatever world for you.

Ah just a bit of overindulgence on my part, crazy heartrate, dizzyness and tingling. Scary shit. I was in the hospital for about 5 hours, took a blood and urine test, hooked me up to the ecg machine. Gave me something to regulate my heartrate, think it was a benzo. My toxicology report is an eyeopener, all sorts of shit in my blood! inc opiates and methadone.
I was relieved to hear I could leave that night, although couldn't drink or party the rest of the week just in case. I still had a great time still being there though.

Where do you usually stay if not pdb or san an?

I was relieved to hear I could leave that night, although couldn't drink or party the rest of the week just in case. I still had a great time still being there though.

That's the time to get out and see the island properly - thoughts of parties and clubs can drift far from your mind after a wild day up North - all you really want to do is sleep !

Where do you usually stay if not pdb or san an?

Usually Calo d'es Moro (as it's 1/2 the price of similar in PDB and you likely won't get your luggage ransacked by the in-house theft cartel in PDB's cheaper hotels). I've stayed at Tarba opposite the San An main bus station with no hasstle. This trip I stayed nr Kumharas here :

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/beach-star-ibiza

It was great. Wifi, huge sea view apartment, rain shower, flat-screen TVs, kitchenette, balcony.

Other than that there's loads of places but you need a car. This one's a pick : http://www.calador-ibiza.com/

Basically, needing to be close to public transport or a walk away from your digs due to being off one's rocker usually means massive compromises and getting stuck with pretty grotty overpriced hotels in a very seedy location. Calo d'es Moro is one of the only exceptions I know. I never stay in Figueretas because the parking is atrocious and I always have a car. Couldn't imagine even 2 days in Ibiza stuck without one (or at least a moped). I'm not one for staying put in hotels or staying in "resort" areas !

Dates you were there: 21st June to 24th June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): pdb Tivoli Apartments

Club nights visited: Viva Warriors @ Sankeys, Rumors @ Beach-house, Circo Loco @ DC10, Fuse @ Space

Best night: Really hard to pick, musically Fuse was right up my street but overall I would have to go for Circo Loco even though the music was a bit too "hard" for my liking at times especially towards the end of tale of us's set, I was also pleasantly surprised by beach-house, 5e for a decent sized beer and enough room to move around..

Worst night: Every night was top notch but I would have to go with Fuse, as I said above out of the three nights, Fuse was definitely most suited to my musical tastes however it only really got going at around 1am and by 3:30am it was half empty.. I was very surprised as in London Fuse is quite a big brand and throw some good parties, did their parties at Sankeys draw in the crowds?

Best bar: The only bar we really drank in was Bora Bora so I would have to go with that, however at 8e a pint you can't justify staying their too long

Best place to eat: Not entirely sure of the name but had a nice paella on the beach

Money spent: 1000e out there and 500 for flights and hotel (me and the mrs)

Biggest regret: Buying supplies off a random bloke on the beach, got absolutely bumped.. this was my 4th visit to the island and I've never done it before so not sure why I did this time, maybe it was the 8 pints on the Sunday..

Going back?: Of course, was looking at flights today for the end of September, thinking of going the week before closings to avoid the huge crowds, is that a good idea?

Top tip: Take a cool bag with you.. stock up on beers and food and spend the whole day on the beach

Dates you were there: 19th to 22nd June

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): pdb Tivoli Apartments

Club nights visited: Make it Party @ Pikes, Ants @ Ushuaia, Elrow @ Space, Solomun +1 @ Pacha

Best night: Solomun + 1 by far. Not seen Solomon play before and it had been a while since I’d been to Pacha and so the two combined perfectly for a fitting end to the weekend. Hugely impressed.

Worst night: Didn’t really have one, however elrow perhaps didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe I’d built it up too much. However saying that… I thought the Kompact takeover for Kehakuma was very good. Musically I thought this was excellent and as it wasn’t packed it made a nice change from rowdiness and bumping about of the main room.

Best bar: Didn’t really do too many bars, or not any that I’d write home about anyway.

Best place to eat: As per the above, although did grab some sushi in the new Nassau, which was quite nice.

Money spent: 500 euro for the flight and hotel. Approx 750 euro out there.

Biggest regret: Usual story of intending to get out and beyond pdb, but not actually achieving any of it.

Going Back?: Yep, trying to work out a week with the family in a month or so’s time so I can actually get round to doing the point above.

Top tip: Not really any top tip, but I have read a lot of the comments around the pickpocket situation.

Out and about on pdb, I personally didn’t see anything that made me think this was any worse than the last couple of years. I did get pestered a bit walking back from Space in the morning by a few prostitutes, but nothing too bad and certainly no worse than I’ve experienced elsewhere.

That said, in Ushuaia I had a fan nicked out of my pocket (which I got back) and from that point onwards, I must of felt at least 10 times my back pocket get touched. Now this could just be my paranoia after something actually getting pinched, but I had never experienced this before. So again, be smart with what you carry on you.

Dates you were there: 22nd to 28th of June 2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): In an apartment in Roca Llisa (between Ibiza Town and Santa Eulalia)

Club nights visited: CircoLoco @ DC10, La Familia @ Ushuaïa, HYTE @ Amnesia, Glitterbox @ Space, ONE (Be-at.tv & Ibiza Sonica party) @ Ibiza Town Old Port, Matinee @ Amnesia

Best night: ONE. And the cheapest one as well! Free entrance and you could bring your own booze! Some of my fave dj’s for free: Guy Gerber, Matthias Tanzmann, Nic Fanciulli... The best setting: the old port, next to a huge old sailing boat, a magic sunset. Amazing visuals, top notch sound, beautiful performances (giant seagull-shaped air balloons, big inflatable horses, acrobats…), great crowd. I get goosebumps just remembering it!

Worst night: Glitterbox @ Space. What a disappointment!

The room: the party only took place in the so-called Terrace room (I don’t get why they keep on calling it a terrace!!!). Huge disco balls but unimpressive projections on the rocky wall behind the dj (they really should invest in some decent screen).

The crowd: mostly tourists, some annoying drunk blokes, Indian bros flaunting giant bottles of Belvedere in the VIP area (I so miss the time when Space had no VIP – greed is slowly killing the original spirit) and a dozen people who made the effort of applying some glitter on their face.

The show: the same 4 go-go dancers were performing the entire night (one single outfit, one single choreography… obviously they hadn’t been briefed about the music).

The music: I arrived around 2am so I could just ‘enjoy’ the last 30 minutes of Todd Terry’s set - an uninspired medley of house classics. TT was looking extremely bored as if he was playing that mix for the 1264th time (which was probably the case). Breakbot’s set was uneven to say the least. A few sparkles but many dull moments and irrelevant tracks as well. The dancefloor was half empty at 4:30. After that, Smokin’ Jo tried to fix things but it was too late. She started with a few effective house tracks but quickly gave up and unexpectedly left the dj booth. She eventually came back and stopped her set at 5:55 (the party was supposed to end at 6:30).

Conclusion: one of the most underwhelming party experiences on the island

Best bar: this year, my best cocktail was at Experimental Beach (Cap d’Es Falco)

Best place to eat: this year, my best meal was at El Chiringuito (playa Es Cavallet)

Money spent: way too much. I will never get used to paying 18€ a G&T

Biggest regret: having gone to Glitterbox instead of Music On on Friday / having missed Rumours party and La Troya on Sunday

Going back?: in September hopefully

Top tip: don’t stay in San An nor PDB. Eat in the countryside restaurants … which I didn’t do this year :(

Dates you were there: 22nd to 28th of June 2015

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): In an apartment in Roca Llisa (between Ibiza Town and Santa Eulalia)

Club nights visited: CircoLoco @ DC10, La Familia @ Ushuaïa, HYTE @ Amnesia, Glitterbox @ Space, ONE (Be-at.tv & Ibiza Sonica party) @ Ibiza Town Old Port, Matinee @ Amnesia

Best night: ONE. And the cheapest one as well! Free entrance and you could bring your own booze! Some of my fave dj’s for free: Guy Gerber, Matthias Tanzmann, Nic Fanciulli... The best setting: the old port, next to a huge old sailing boat, a magic sunset. Amazing visuals, top notch sound, beautiful performances (giant seagull-shaped air balloons, big inflatable horses, acrobats…), great crowd. I get goosebumps just remembering it!

Worst night: Glitterbox @ Space. What a disappointment!

The room: the party only took place in the so-called Terrace room (I don’t get why they keep on calling it a terrace!!!). Huge disco balls but unimpressive projections on the rocky wall behind the dj (they really should invest in some decent screen).

The crowd: mostly tourists, some annoying drunk blokes, Indian bros flaunting giant bottles of Belvedere in the VIP area (I so miss the time when Space had no VIP – greed is slowly killing the original spirit) and a dozen people who made the effort of applying some glitter on their face.

The show: the same 4 go-go dancers were performing the entire night (one single outfit, one single choreography… obviously they hadn’t been briefed about the music).

The music: I arrived around 2am so I could just ‘enjoy’ the last 30 minutes of Todd Terry’s set - an uninspired medley of house classics. TT was looking extremely bored as if he was playing that mix for the 1264th time (which was probably the case). Breakbot’s set was uneven to say the least. A few sparkles but many dull moments and irrelevant tracks as well. The dancefloor was half empty at 4:30. After that, Smokin’ Jo tried to fix things but it was too late. She started with a few effective house tracks but quickly gave up and unexpectedly left the dj booth. She eventually came back and stopped her set at 5:55 (the party was supposed to end at 6:30).

Conclusion: one of the most underwhelming party experiences on the island

Best bar: this year, my best cocktail was at Experimental Beach (Cap d’Es Falco)

Best place to eat: this year, my best meal was at El Chiringuito (playa Es Cavallet)

Money spent: way too much. I will never get used to paying 18€ a G&T

Biggest regret: having gone to Glitterbox instead of Music On on Friday / having missed Rumours party and La Troya on Sunday

Going back?: in September hopefully

Top tip: don’t stay in San An nor PDB. Eat in the countryside restaurants … which I didn’t do this year :(

Back