SHÈN Ibiza @ CLUB CHINOIS 2023 - Reviews & Reports

G.W.

The temptation got better of me in the end but the draw of Sasha & Digweed playing together plus the curiosity to check out a new event in Ibiza was enough to make me go to Chinois last Sunday and very glad I did.
Firstly, very impressed how the club is transformed to keep with the Shén theme, second and more important, that was a night of absolutely amazing music!
Both Sasha & Digweed and host Franky Wah kept me on the dancefloor for four hours! Quality progressive house throughout. Loved it!
I hope it does well during the season as it's definitely a good alternative for a Sunday night in Ibiza.

The temptation got better of me in the end but the draw of Sasha & Digweed playing together plus the curiosity to check out a new event in Ibiza was enough to make me go to Chinois last Sunday and very glad I did.
Firstly, very impressed how the club is transformed to keep with the Shén theme, second and more important, that was a night of absolutely amazing music!
Both Sasha & Digweed and host Franky Wah kept me on the dancefloor for four hours! Quality progressive house throughout. Loved it!
I hope it does well during the season as it's definitely a good alternative for a Sunday night in Ibiza.
Sold... Thank you!

It was the main event of our break, so yes! Echo the comments above about the music. Sasha and Digweed, the draw for our group, delivered. Built up great to their peak time sound. There was even a track using parts of Xpander so maybe a new mix to look out for. Another mix of Marmion - Schonenberg went off.

Frankey Wah a bit more obvious but that's his sound.

Sound was good, which must be a challenge with the tiled floor.

Back home now and everyone just had a great time.

It was the main event of our break, so yes! Echo the comments above about the music. Sasha and Digweed, the draw for our group, delivered. Built up great to their peak time sound. There was even a track using parts of Xpander so maybe a new mix to look out for. Another mix of Marmion - Schonenberg went off.

Frankey Wah a bit more obvious but that's his sound.

Sound was good, which must be a challenge with the tiled floor.

Back home now and everyone just had a great time.
Great that you had a good time and yes the sound was good albeit maybe a little too loud but I'm not complaining, it definitely helped getting immersed into it.

Last edited:
Great that you had a good time and yes the sound was good albeit maybe a little too loud but I'm not complaining, it definitely helped getting immerse into it.
I wear and recommend some light in ear ear protection, if you don't wear some already. But agree the bass was pretty overpowering to start with. Think it was dialled back ever so slightly not too long into Sasha and Digweed's set.

Went to this event this past Sunday (25 June) - very impressed.

Sound system excellent, decor cool, music very good, and air conditioning on point.

Rebuke was brilliant, and Gioli & Assia were very good, with live singing, live drumming, and great times.

Recommend - it's a new night worth supporting in a super comfortable and well put together club.

Went to this event this past Sunday (25 June) - very impressed.

Sound system excellent, decor cool, music very good, and air conditioning on point.

Rebuke was brilliant, and Gioli & Assia were very good, with live singing, live drumming, and great times.

Recommend - it's a new night worth supporting in a super comfortable and well put together club.
Yeah

One of the good clubs in Ibz , beside Pacha, Akasha and maybe other. Heart was ok , Chinois ,too. Good bookings , good sound , very nice.
What I did not last year : Go to the roof . Ist is possible without VIP ?

Go to the roof . Ist is possible without VIP ?
there is a small bar and smoking area at the back of the club, but not the rooftop area with the view to Dalt Vila which is exclusive for diners of Zuma. Not even VIPs can go up there without a table reservation for the restaurant

there is a small bar and smoking area at the back of the club, but not the rooftop area with the view to Dalt Vila which is exclusive for diners of Zuma. Not even VIPs can go up there without a table reservation for the restaurant
Is that small bar and smoking area upstairs? We were allowed to go upstairs to a smoking and seating area

Back