Ricardo Villalobos

darren1

has anbody got any mixes from him they can up,thought he was excellent on the 25th at dc10,many thanks in advance!

i left about 11 my head was going a bit funny id been up since saturday night:lol: it was to rammed on t he terrace it was just shoulder to shoulder i was pinned to the back wall, it took 15mins from there to get inside,i would have loved to have stayed for the end,what was the last tune?

Anyone know that last tune sven is playing? Looks like a good party although too many people backstage?

Yeah read some of that after seeing this vid and posting here...look seeing the vid without knowing the context...I actually quite like the music he is playing. Sticking him between Carl Cox and Sven though always a bit of a risk. He was hardly going to blast it out like those 2...

Many on here don't share my view but I'll always be a big Villalobos fan. When you are there and he gets it right there are few that can touch him. Seen him at Cocoon in The Park before and a big festival stage isn't the best environment, you just won't get what he's about in that environment and you can see that he isn't necessarily comfortable with it either...

Never rated him much as a DJ but he did turn out some classy music which redefined dance music in the 2000s - that depeche mode sinners remix , enfants, dexter amongst others. Watching the live clip though you don't get any sense of that, just an impression of someone who's simply turned up with his hanger ons/groupies and doesn't really give a shit anymore

I'm no fan either. Saw him at Fabric once and I nearly fell asleep. I accept his style isn't my cup of tea but still, found it hard to even slightly appreciate what he was playing

It's a good festival all round, there should be more like this in UK which just have one stage and a few djs playing longer sets.

Riccardo playes his still of music for years and nobody likes it, then a few years ago suddenly all loved his sound, now it seems the old days came back. Riccardo never changed his sound and that´s maybe the problem he doesnt adopted to new music styles.

Back