Restaurant Reviews 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for tips of great places to eat in Playa d'en Bossa before heading to Space, preferably with decent drinks prices and a food menu with decent tasty sustinence to see me through a full on night of clubbing. Any favourites among the spotlighters?

New one for me last night. 'Relish' in San An Bay. Massive ribs for €14. Not the best you'll ever eat but from the worst, with good service and a nice ambience.

A recommendation if you want to fill up cheaply.

A big vote here for Tapas Restaurant in San An. Three of us ate very well, including 3 deserts, a glass of wine, a mojito and 2 soft drinks for €90. The food was great, as was the service.

Less sure about Thai'd Up in their new location along at the end of the Base Bar/ Rock strip in Ibiza Town. Food was ok, but seemed expensive for what I was. I don't remember thinking that when they were up the stairs in Sa Penya, so perhaps they've upped the prices to pay for a bigger premises located with more footfall? €8 spring rolls to start with €15 or €16 green curries to follow seems a bit high, though I'd say my scallops were very nice and worth the €21 paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and not a restaurant as such, but nowhere else had any food left at midnight in the airport last night:
€17 for Burger King for 2. Is that what that crap normally costs these days, or do they double it of he airport?

Ok I hate to do this but feel I have to:

Dune in pdb (owned by Ushuaia ).. We went as we just wanted a burger and gave up looking elsewhere..12euros for signature Thai chicken burger.... Waiter was great, dj that sang along with the tunes was awful....

We tuck in as we are in a rush..... Luckily a mate cuts his burger in half as its big.... Reveals fully raw chicken breast in the middle and more.... It's a burger it's not that hard to get right. So that kinda put a dampener on our evening and for that reason in the first time ever I have to say.....

AVOID

Sissi's in pdb on the other hand won us over. It's abit pricey for what it is perhaps but the ox fillet steaks were amazing!! The free champagne was a nice touch too. We went again and had there Mexican food which again was brilliant. The steak nachos are well worth a look despite the price tag.

Worth mentioning is that the service was much improved since my last visit a couple years ago,even with the same manic owner shouting at all his staff!

New one for me last night. 'Relish' in San An Bay. Massive ribs for €14. Not the best you'll ever eat but from the worst, with good service and a nice ambience.

A recommendation if you want to fill up cheaply.

The same people who own Tapas own Relish.

Another bad review I'm afraid...

Kasbah in San an at the end of sunset strip....

Had eaten here before with no complaints and to be fair some of the food was fine... I think they'd had a major problem that night as it was a total shambles! The owner is super friendly just a shame he forgets to process orders and is caining huge glasses of wine all night adding to his memory loss. The other waitress was clearly high as a kite on the marching powder she was just manic and had no problems admitting to a large table she couldn't remember anything they'd orderd 5mi s ago. Was almost funny to watch the food from various table get sent back. The 'home made focaccia and alioli' literally was some long life sliced bread with a smear of olive oil! Maybe there supplier let them down or something. The humus was clearly out of a very cheap pot from the supermarket. The calamari seemed at least home made but for 10euros you'd want more than 5 little ones. Drinks orders were forgotten and we got the wrong bill first then the next attempt they had charged for 3x calamaris! In all the confusion we eventually ended up paying less than we should but all in all it the most incompetent display of a restaurant I've ever seen. It was quite funny tho watching the chaos around us

Another mention for Pago Pago in pdb.

If you want something simple and decently priced this place is a winner. Half a chicken with chips n salad for 9euros will feed 2. Chicken skewers are good too. 3,50 for an ice cold estrella on the beach was fine with me!

Another bad review I'm afraid...

Kasbah in San an at the end of sunset strip....

Had eaten here before with no complaints and to be fair some of the food was fine... I think they'd had a major problem that night as it was a total shambles! The owner is super friendly just a shame he forgets to process orders and is caining huge glasses of wine all night adding to his memory loss. The other waitress was clearly high as a kite on the marching powder she was just manic and had no problems admitting to a large table she couldn't remember anything they'd orderd 5mi s ago. Was almost funny to watch the food from various table get sent back. The 'home made focaccia and alioli' literally was some long life sliced bread with a smear of olive oil! Maybe there supplier let them down or something. The humus was clearly out of a very cheap pot from the supermarket. The calamari seemed at least home made but for 10euros you'd want more than 5 little ones. Drinks orders were forgotten and we got the wrong bill first then the next attempt they had charged for 3x calamaris! In all the confusion we eventually ended up paying less than we should but all in all it the most incompetent display of a restaurant I've ever seen. It was quite funny tho watching the chaos around us

Always a hit or a miss Kasbah. When it first opened it was great, down hill when Judge Jules bought it, but last year decent again. Sounds like I will be giving it a miss this year.

The guy who runs it is really nice it was almost comical to see everything falling apart around him and he'd clearly accepted the night wasnt going well and was smashing the wine lol

The guy who runs it is really nice it was almost comical to see everything falling apart around him and he'd clearly accepted the night wasnt going well and was smashing the wine lol
Sounds brilliant! Like one of those theme restaurants where they are rude to you all night.

Always a hit or a miss Kasbah. When it first opened it was great, down hill when Judge Jules bought it, but last year decent again. Sounds like I will be giving it a miss this year.

Was always gonna be difficult after the high of Jules/Kasbah Fronty-splash....

It was literally fawlty towers esque we just had to laugh. Tbh I should have asked where the waitress got her stuff from it was obviously strong!

Looking for tips of great places to eat in Playa d'en Bossa before heading to Space, preferably with decent drinks prices and a food menu with decent tasty sustinence to see me through a full on night of clubbing. Any favourites among the spotlighters?

As already mentioned on here, PDB really is rife with horrible restaurants. Having said that, there are decent (even good) places in there. Napoli's, as mentioned, has pretty good pizza (coming from someone that knows NY and Chicago pizza, that's pretty high praise). Passion is good, although admittedly I have only been there for brunches. I also enjoyed the place that's attached to Ushuaia on the beach (is that Dunes that someone mentioned?). I actually had a good experience there and my Tuna burger both times was dead on. Not sure about the Japanese (?) place inside Ushuaia because it wasn't open when I was there last year, but it looks good, if not needlessly expensive.

Anyway, a short cab ride from PDB will get you to much better eating places (old town and San Raf). I try not to eat on PDB if I can at all help it.

can't hear it anymore. pdb has a few great restaurants.

sands
sirocco
nassau
coco beach

not cheap - but you get what you pay for.

dunes isn't attached to ushuaïa by the way, it's owned by nassau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back