Paradise @ AMNESIA 2023 - Reviews & Reports

Opening party was very busy as you'd expect. I think i'm more inclined to like it busier than your average spotlighter, but the terrace was uncomfortably busy at times. took me over 20 minutes to get served at the bar, but that was mainly because the server on my side decided to do go through everyone else twice before serving me, was having a laugh with the girls that were coming to the bar behind/next to me about it, shame none of them pointed me in first though eh? The other room was actually brilliant though, nicely busy and I was very impressed musically, the word that came to mind was groovy, just properly grooving in there 👍 🙌

Has a great time at the opening party, it was very busy as Jay says. Not too bad once we had a spot but moving around wasn’t fun. Thought Ilario Alicante, then Capriati then JJ were all great, East end dubs in the main room too. Can’t beat the terrace once the sunlight starts beaming through the roof 🤩

Just a quick note on the penultimate party with Apollonia and Skepta. Musicwise the main room was fantastic, especially Traumer and Apollonia, but safe to say only few in this bad crowd understood their music. Room was always very empty while the terrace was stacked. What surprised me the most though was how bad the vibe and atmosphere were on the terrace.
While the floor was completely full, Jones payed to an almost motionless quiet crowd of ghosts, completely beside themselves. No cheering, hands up moments and happy jumping around. Just standing.
That‘s what ket does to a dancefloor :/ I read an article once where popular DJs complained that the ket epidemic destroys the vibe on British dancefloors, but I never experienced it for myself, being not British, and in my country ket is no big thing. Call me old, naive or innocent, but I was actually shocked seeing youngsters of 22 years, limping out of this terrace with their ghost faces, in what should be such a happy place. That was a very bad night, only helped by Traumers and Apollonias music.

Back