Paolo Nutini + Alex Clare @ IBIZA ROCKS (08.08.12)

McRackin

Super Moderator
Alex Clare's first album The lateness of the hour was produced by Diplo and Switch (back then still working together as Major Lazer) and thanks to the track "Too close", used in the Microsoft commercial for Internet Explorer 9, it peaked the album charts!

With his second to none voice and his unique brand of dubstep-soul, the bearded barefoot londoner put on a cracking show including his particular rendition of Prince's "When doves cry" and the brilliant "Too close" to finish (which evil tongues say it was inspired by his relationship with the late great Amy Winehouse). I'm in love with his music, even more so after seeing him live... just a shame it was so short. A-MA-ZING!

Setlist:
Relax My Beloved, Whispering, Hummingbird, When Doves Cry [Prince],
Treading Water, Hands Are Clever, Up All Night, Too Close

Copia+de+12-08-08+088+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-08-08+105+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-08-08+090+%2B.JPG

Copia+de+12-08-08+062+%2B.JPG

Copia+de+12-08-08+113+%2B.jpg

This week saw Paolo Nutini's debut at Ibiza Rocks after Plan B covered his song "Coming up easy" the two times he played in the same stage!

The scottish-italian singer and his band (featuring a brass section) played stuff from These streets and Sunny side up (including favourites like "10/10", "Jenny don't be hasty", the mentioned "Coming up easy", "Pencil full of lead", "Candy" or "Last request") plus five brand spanking new songs from his forthcoming third album and a cover of "Time to pretend" by MGMT. Funniest moment of the night arrived when various fake policemen came running on stage during "Funky cigarette"... 10/10!

Setlist:
10/10, Alloway Groove, High Hopes, Jenny Don't Be Hasty, Bear Me In Mind [new song], Growing Up Beside You, Coming Up Easy,
Funky Cigarette [Sunny Side Up's iTunes bonus track], Cherry Blossom [new song], These Streets, One Day [new song],
Rubber Lips [new song], New Shoes, Pencil Full Of Lead, No Other Way, Candy, Birdy [new song], Time To Pretend [MGMT], Last Request

Copia+de+12-08-08+121+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-08-08+133+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-08-08+186+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-08-08+157+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-08-08+152+%2B.jpg

Ibiza Rocks tickets for next week available here.

paulo nutini, surely one of the worst singers and annoying pop stars of the last few years.

i can think of nothing worse than to see that gimp live, for people to waste a night in ibiza of all places to witness him massacre vocal duties on some pretty dire folk nonsense, makes me laugh like ****.:lol:

i remember he was 'headlining' at rockness , the kind of crowd that was there to see him...one cd buyer a year types...they might've probably moved on to the edgier mumford & sons now... :lol:

He wasn't really my sort of music but I still thought he was good. His faster and more popular songs were great and people were going mental. But then he played some slower songs which were new and no one knew the words. Some girl kept trying to grind on me the whole night and I was like 'no, please just don't, what are you doing?'. I mean Paulo Nutini is not that sort of artist where you can just start grinding too - it's just not right!

Some girl kept trying to grind on me the whole night and I was like 'no, please just don't, what are you doing?'. I mean Paulo Nutini is not that sort of artist where you can just start grinding too - it's just not right!

There'll come a time, especially when you're as old as I am, where girls no longer want to grind on you. Take it when you can get it. :)

Back