Palm Beach => Grand Palladium White Island Resort & Spa

I

icebaer69

omg - can´t believe this ....

them bastids put their dirty greedy fingers on one of playadenbossa´s last survivors, too,
the good old fiesta palm beach :(

"... Unos 300 millones de euros en cinco años, a los que hay que sumar unos 25 millones más que se invertirán en el hotel Palm Beach, que no es de nuestra propiedad pero que tenemos en gestión durante un largo periodo de tiempo. Se convertirá en un Gran Palladium ..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...ts-proyecto-ushuaia-esta-cambiando-ibiza.html

Abel Matutes Prats (25/04/1977) is emerging as the future president of the Group of Companies Matutes. Since 2006 he is the CEO of Palladium Hotel Group and executive vice president of the group. The project Ushuaia was his bet and is already the most success. Ushuaia Why? The main motivation was that we saw a market niche unsatisfied. We always try to maximize our assets. The project is changing Ushuaia Ibiza. It was not our intention, but is changing the image of the island, not just of Platja d'en Bossa. I head a company and get paid to give maximum value to the company.

Ushuaia was an innovative project.
Ushuaia The project was in the fridge for about three years. I presented to the board and I rejected it. I'm stubborn and for over two years we were shaping and improving the project. Behind Ushuaia much work, a lot of teamwork, a lot of planning. If there is a concept that is well thought is to Ushuaia. It is a novel concept in the world.

What is the main competition of Ibiza?
Las Vegas, we can speak in Tel Aviv, Mykonos in some sense, Miami ... But the DJs that have attracted the Ushuaia is difficult for anyone to get. Music, fun and luxury are part of a project that has served to give value to the area and the company.

We can talk about two major objectives: seasonally adjusted and raise the price of the rooms.
These are the objectives of the Plan for Excellence. The project is not intended to be desestacionalizador Ushuaia. Want to create value. Some people think that tourism is highly seasonal club and family, however, no. It is a mistaken view. With Ushuaia and we managed to open more than six months and when the plan is fully implemented Excellence intend to open two or three hotels 12 months and the rest, some 8 or 9, and the rest, just 6.

The difference is substantial.
investment to be made is very important. Now a hotel is open seven months and a half and the rest just six.

What is the plan of Excellence?
The project aims to create a destination. Ibiza, as such, does have a brand, but within Ibiza intend to create his own destiny. Excellence Plan began with the Palladium, a 4 stars I needed a major refurbishment. We made it a five star. There was a debate in the company before the mystery of whether Ibiza could absorb a five star. Today, a debate may seem absurd, but at that time there was no hotel in this class on the island. The welcome was great.Our brand Palladium is all inclusive, but a lot of quality.

The big risk with the project began Ushuaia.
's Ushuaia Club was an experiment with an outstanding result. The two Ushuaia born with the aim of creating value for the season.

What is the total investment?
About 300 million euros over five years, to which must be added about 25 million more will be invested in the Palm Beach, which is not owned by us but we have management over a long period of time. It will become a Grand Palladium.

Does Excellence Plan contemplates the conversion of all your facilities Platja d'en Bossa?
Everyone will be five stars. The Don Toni and Club Don Toni, with 620 rooms, the hotel became the first Hard Rock of Europe. In addition, we will build a new hotel within two years of luxury, which will feature a large spa, heated pools and a large conference room.

What do we need to get seasonally?
offer complementary. Let's build a golf course. Today there are only 27 holes in Ibiza, one and a half. There will be 59 homes, couplets, which are built in an urban area. His only connection with the golf course is nearby.There are also plans a shopping center, the largest of the Balearic Islands.

Do I need a mall?
Will eventually 51,000 square meters of shopping area. Originally planned to be 56,000 meters, but after negotiating with trade associations, political parties ... have agreed to reduce it. The mall is critical to seasonally adjusted, since in Ibiza, in bad weather, you can not do anything. Moreover, there is none.

Where will the mall?
Now there are two large warehouses in which houses the laundry and commissary hotel group center. Logistics center will be built on the far side of the beach. Furthermore, there are also two office buildings, where to locate all companies of the group, which today are located in different areas.Once finished these works will start immediately the golf course and shopping center. We intend that the top brands are represented.

When will the first stone?
Regarding possible. We are in the hands of the Balearic Government. The Consell d'Eivissa and the City Council have already given their approval, but require that the Government make a decree. I'm optimistic. We will put the first stone as fast as possible.

Have you achieved political consensus?
've negotiated with the various political and cede 50,000 square meters next to the golf course, thus catering to claim the PSOE.

Excellence Plan is very ambitious, but has air connectivity Ibiza tourists enough to feed the area during the winter?
What comes first the chicken or the egg? You need to have an attractive product for people to want to come. It is true that the connectivity is low, but I am convinced that if the product is good enough aircraft will.

Does the entry Business Group in Globalia Matutes aims to improve the connectivity of Ibiza?
Yeah, it's obvious. We believe that connectivity is not enough. Spain is running out of Spanish companies. Iberia and Vueling are now British, Spanair went with what we all know ... Today, the best option is Air Europa.A tourist country like Spain can not depend on a board that is elsewhere.First, we entered Globalia because we thought it is a company with a future.They have to change some things, but has a very solid foundation. In addition, we protect the connectivity of Ibiza. It's a risk, but also an opportunity.

I understand that your entry into Globalia favor an increase of flights to Ibiza.
'll try to increase the frequency, provided it is profitable. It makes sense that if you have to travel to Madrid for a meeting at ten or eleven o'clock you to travel the night before. There is sufficient demand to fill a plane out early.

Does the name Matutes causes additional difficulties?
Yeah, a lot. Not to be victimizing, but if we were Torres and Matutes, the project would be launched. We added difficulties. There are suspicions that have to be overcome.

very sad that good old FIESTA CLUB PALM BEACH has closed for good.
stayed there a few times ...always got a fantastic highfloor/beachfront/seaview-room.

"...
New charity market in Playa den Bossa this weekend
Palladium Hotel Group sold the furniture of Fiesta Palm Beach, with proceeds going to pitiusas oenegés

Previous edition of the charity market. S. C. diariodeibiza.es | ibiza Palladium Hotel Group held on 10, 11 and 12 October, a charity market with hotel furniture, rooms and public areas of Fiesta Palm Beach of Platja d'en Bossa. This is the third charity market and develop in the same facilities of the hotel between 9 and 18 pm Friday through Sunday.

Abel Matutes The Foundation will be responsible for managing the funds raised from the sale at a nominal price of all the furniture away. This money will go entirely to the oenegés that present in the Pine, use this input to the development of local projects.

With the first charity market organized in the Hotel Don Toni, he managed to raise 10,470 euros aimed to Caritas de Sant Jordi and the two associations working in Ibiza and Formentera in the fight against cancer and helping patients and their families : Ibiza and Formentera Cancer (IFCC) and the Spanish Association against Cancer (AECC).

In addition, unsold material and various groups that requested oenegés donated. Thus, 300 blankets and 300 mattresses Red Cross and sundry furniture to the Parish of Sant Jordi, Deixalles Foundation and the Municipal hostel Ibiza surrendered.

Furthermore, Palladium Hotel Group donated to the city of Ibiza full playset Hotel Don Toni for installation in Federico García Lorca Calle Playa d'en Bossa.

Soon after, the second charity market developed furniture Club Don Toni raised 23,525 euros, doubling the collection of the first rake.

..."
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...rganiza-nuevo-rastrillo-solidario/724345.html

Just had a email for a opening offer for this hotel how much.Mine you looks nice cannot wait to check it out in June,Vip tour,jacuzzi on roof top rooms have

omg - can´t believe this ....

them bastids put their dirty greedy fingers on one of playadenbossa´s last survivors, too,
the good old fiesta palm beach :(

"... Unos 300 millones de euros en cinco años, a los que hay que sumar unos 25 millones más que se invertirán en el hotel Palm Beach, que no es de nuestra propiedad pero que tenemos en gestión durante un largo periodo de tiempo. Se convertirá en un Gran Palladium ..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...ts-proyecto-ushuaia-esta-cambiando-ibiza.html
They did not not put their dirty greedy fingers :D It was already theirs, well kind off;). They are just refurbishing it. It will become a very nice hotel. It really need it.

The Palm beach was certainly In need of a referb and feel quite sad that the original hotel is no more. The "family" feel of the hotel suited us down to the ground over the years and holds many fantastic memories for us.

It's a shame that "family" feel disappeared over the last few years.

I hope to visit the "all new" hotel soon and continue my love affair with what will always be "the palm beach".

a footbridge now connects Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa with the new Grand Palladium White Island Resort & Spa so their clients can share their facilities without having to hit the street...

IMG_5842.jpg

:arrow: http://www.noudiari.es/2015/04/una-...estinada-a-los-clientes-de-lujo-de-palladium/

"... A wooden walkway in Platja d'en Bossa, intended for customers of luxury Palladium

@ Noudiari / A wooden walkway 'decorates' a few days access to the beach end of Platja d'en Bossa ago. This is a new item that is part of the redevelopment of the Grand Palladium Palace and Palladium White Island Resort & Spa Hotel, which was formerly the Fiesta Club Palm Beach.
The wooden walkway built by Matutes to join hotels Platja d'en Bossa view from the beach access. Photo: L. A.

From the hotel chain suggest that it is the union of these two establishments, from now on, will form a single resort to common functions such as spa area or other servici0s. This gateway will allow customers to go from one place to another without having to go outside. Both hotels will create a macro-complex which share services and facilities, similar to existing Grand Palladium Resorts in Mexico, Dominican Republic and Jamaica.

Grand Palladium White Island Resort & Spa will house 430 rooms of modern design with Mediterranean touches, where a third of them are spacious suites ..."

so they still have the same number of rooms as before ...

Has anyone any ideas if the White island resort is nearly ready as I have a booking for 5th May don't want to be put in Palladium Palace if it isn't ready

Hi glowworm, I have no idea how progress is going, these situations nearly always go down to the wire.
It wouldn't be the end of the world if you had to go to the PP. A few years ago I met some people by the nearby watch tower, they told me that they were booked at the Fiesta Cala Llonga Hotel and at the last minute were changed to the PP (although it didn't have such a long name then) because the FCL was closing earlier than expected. They were enjoying it.
Or...if things are not ready (worst case scenario) they'll offer you Cala Llonga, now called a Palladium, but not a Palace.

Back