Maverick Sabre + Labrinth @ IBIZA ROCKS (13.06.12)

McRackin

Super Moderator
Producer-turned-pop-star Labrinth visited us last summer and since then his popularity has grown rapidly thanks to the single "Earthquake", which was followed by the release of his first album Electronic earth some months ago!

Before his gig at the hotel he did a surprise appearance at the Ibiza Rocks boat party that included an acoustic set (with the presence also of Annie Mac and the cameras of Channel 4). The fact that he was accompanied by a full live band gave the songs a lot of variety and I have to say I enjoyed them live much more than I do when I listen to the studio versions. Although he got the place jumping since the beginning, the crowd erupted when "Let the sun shine" finally arrived and to top it all he finished with "Earthquake" leaving everybody in amazement!

Setlist:
Climb on Board, Express Yourself, Sundown, Treatment, Last Time, Frisky [Tinie Tempah],
Pass Out [Tinie Tempah], T.O.P., Sweet Riot, Let the Sun Shine, Earthquake
Copia+de+12-06-13+098+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-13+045+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-13+012+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-13+020+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-13+072+%2B.jpg

After Doorly's last set in the hotel for over a month due to all his dates in America and Australia, it was time for Maverick Sabre. When he came to Ibiza last summer his career was just taking off although he was already gaining mainstream attention after his appearance on Professor Green's single "Jungle". Since then he released his first album Lonely are the brave that went straight to number 2 in the UK charts, followed by various successful singles!

This time he came back as the headliner, giving the crowd an incredible show and living up to all expectations. Special mention to the birthday girl Chantelle Nandi on backing vocals, whose fantastic voice beautifully compliments Maverick's unique soulful voice. The concert was based on his debut album, with the exception of "Look what I've done" from his first EP and the explosive "Fire in your eyes", the song he did with Chase & Status (on a curious note, their drummer Andy Gangadeen was in attendance yesterday). Favourite moment of the night was "Let me go", such a good song. Maverick Sabre definitely has got soul!

Setlist:
Memories, Open My Eyes, I Can Never Be, Look What I've Done, These Days, I Used To Have It All,
Sometimes, I Don't See The Sun, No One, Let Me Go, Fire In Your Eyes [Chase & Status], I Need
Copia+de+12-06-13+297+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-13+266+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-13+341+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-13+349+%2B.jpg

Copia+de+12-06-13+392+%2B.jpg

Ibiza Rocks tickets for next week available here.

Ibiza Rocks newsletter said:
Ibiza Rocks the Boat set sail with an extra VIP passenger on board this week as Rocks hero Labrinth arrived on a speedboat to play an exclusive acoustic set before his show with Maverick Sabre.

An awesome surprise for everyone on board his performance of "Sunshine" has already given us a contender for one of the summers top Rocks moments.

scaled.php
Labrinth said:
...Ibiza Rocked

601782_472158889464262_36865842_n.jpg

Back