IBIZA ROCKS with Tinie Tempah + Rusko + Maverick Sabre (July 27th)

McRackin

Super Moderator
Sold out last night, with the hotel absolutely rammed to the rafters!

Maverick Sabre was the opening act this week. With only an EP and some singles so far, apart from collaborations with other artists, the singer seems to have a big following as lots of people sang his songs from beginning to end. A soulful voice that's instantly recognisable and an eclectic fusion of styles (mixing reggae style vocals with dubstep and hip hop) are his best assets. Among the best received songs, "Look what I've done", "Let me go" or the final "Jungle" (the song he did with Professor Green), not to mention his rendition of Oasis' "Wonderwall"!

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Next behind the decks was dubstep pioneer Rusko, instead of the duo Nero as originally planned as they were unable to be on the island. Easily the dj I enjoyed the most musically in a long time and the most entertaining too, jumping around non-stop like a madman!

scaled.php

scaled.php

Tinie Tempah was back but this time, after a successful year that included various hit singles and awards, as a headliner. Apart from all his most famous songs (like the opener "Frisky", "Written in the stars" or "Pass out" at the end), he also presented the brand spanking new song "Mosh pit" that will be the first single from his second album and during which there was some serious mosh pits going on in the middle of the floor. Special mention to his collaboration with Swedish House Mafia "Miami 2 Ibiza" (biggest sing-a-long of the evening), getting people to go down in the middle of the song and jump at the same time!

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

On a curious note, the beautiful Kylie Minogue was in the VIP having a ball (singing and dancing away as everybody else) and greeted people downstairs causing mass hysteria... oh Kyliiie, we love youuu. Remember that this week there's a double dose of Ibiza Rocks with the return of Dizzee Rascal on saturday!

Favourite moment: "Let me go" by Maverick Sabre... that trip hop touch totally reminds me of Tricky!

Get your Ibiza Rocks tickets for saturday here.

Hot Press said:
Tinie had the time of his life onstage, even taking himself off and performing a track from one of the hotel balcony's to which a load of unsuspecting holiday makers could NOT believe their luck.
scaled.php

picture courtesy of la skimal

Maybe i am getting old, but i honestly thought Rusko's set was the worst DJ set i've ever seen, and i consider myself a fan of dubstep.

The other two acts were great though.

Back