IBIZA ROCKS with LCD Soundsystem + The Sunshine Underground (August 17th)

McRackin

Super Moderator
Like last week with The Kooks, plenty of locals in attendance this week to check LCD Soundsystem at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel!

After the dj sets by Nicola Bear (who kept our feet moving with a bit of everything from Talking Heads to Wolfmother) and the mash-ups maestro Doorly (who's on the cover of this month's iDJ mag), it was time for the first band of the night. The Sunshine Underground, announced only one week ago, already played at Ibiza Rocks back in 2005 before their first album was released. They did songs from their two albums, finishing with that cracking tune called "Put you in your place"!

56423364.jpg

29814730.jpg

52392390.jpg

26740036.jpg

LCD Soundsystem were back on the island to present their third, and likely to be the last, studio album (those with good memory will remember that the american band did Manumission's 10th birthday party in 2004 and Ibiza Rocks in 2007). From the beginning with "Us vs them" till the end with "New York, I love you but you're bringing me down", during more than 80 minutes there was time for the latest material and also for some old nuggets. Fantastic-o!

11651586.jpg

93419069.jpg

92779583.jpg

31984677.jpg

As every week, at the same time the music stopped downstairs the after party started in the upstairs bit but this time with dj Antz (Aura) behind the desks instead of the VIP ressie Tart With A Heart. Hard to not stay for an extra hour with such good music, the Playboy bunny girls shaking their fluffy tails and even free chupitos last night... it would be rude not to! Anyway, next week another biggie: Florence and the Machine... the normal tickets are already sold out and the combined Ibiza Rocks/Reclaim the Dancefloor tickets will fly fast so you better hurry up if you don't want to miss it!

Favourite moment of the night: LCD's "Drunk girls"

MTV said:
There have been rumours that this current tour could well be LCD's last in its current form, but as the crowd sung along with the closing New York I Love You (including a take on Alica Keys' Empire State Of Mind), you couldn't help but hope that the Soundsystem will continue for as long as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back