Eric Prydz Presents HOLO @ Hï Ibiza - Reviews & Reports

Got in just after 12:30 (had before 1 tickets) after getting the bus from Santa Eulalia to Ibiza town and strolling down to Bossa (with a caña stop or 2 along the way)

The Theatre was quite busy already so we decided to grab a drink and park ourselves in front of the sound booth towards the back (I’m too old and annoyed at people to be pushing around)

Increasingly busier and busier obviously but it never got to a stage where we couldn’t dance back there.

The first changeover break sounded like elevator music which was making me laugh and then Prydz came on.

Tbh I watched most of the show through the phones that were in front in me. Just too many.

The music was good buttttt after having seen Holosphere at Tomorrowland, and having seen so many clips online already from Hï, the show itself just didn’t do it for me. Kinda sad there was no Opus as that would have sent the room off!

I think the set/show length was perfect.

Beyer afterwards went in heavy and I really enjoyed it!

Got in just after 12:30 (had before 1 tickets) after getting the bus from Santa Eulalia to Ibiza town and strolling down to Bossa (with a caña stop or 2 along the way)

The Theatre was quite busy already so we decided to grab a drink and park ourselves in front of the sound booth towards the back (I’m too old and annoyed at people to be pushing around)

Increasingly busier and busier obviously but it never got to a stage where we couldn’t dance back there.

The first changeover break sounded like elevator music which was making me laugh and then Prydz came on.

Tbh I watched most of the show through the phones that were in front in me. Just too many.

The music was good buttttt after having seen Holosphere at Tomorrowland, and having seen so many clips online already from Hï, the show itself just didn’t do it for me. Kinda sad there was no Opus as that would have sent the room off!

I think the set/show length was perfect.

Beyer afterwards went in heavy and I really enjoyed it!
We went on Monday too.

Heaving room, sound advice to be imposition 30 minutes before Prydz starts. I do wish Hi round sort out the ingress / egress. It’s an accident waiting to happen. There is an obvious side door solution near the front.

Prydz was decent. The music was heavy on the Pryda output with not so many big room belters. But that is fine as people have come to see him and if he’s going down a houser route (as his recent productions suggest), that is up to him.

As a spectacle, the production was levels above his last Hi residency. The change over time is a passion killer / builder (depending on your excitement levels). However, the Holo idea is a strong concept in a massive space. But the structure of the Main room at Hi makes it feel like it isn’t a massive space. After seeing him last year at Ushuaia, I’m inclined to think he would be better off there unless he can’t get Privilege to reopen. The capacity at both is better and Hi places huge limitations on production opportunities for Prydz.

Some have mentioned that the event maybe a music / production play back. It is impossible to tell. I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t had similar thoughts about previous massive Holo events I’ve been to. I struggle to see how the music and production align if Prydz is playing on the fly. Imo it is at least heavily scripted.

Overall, a good night. Could be better, but I’m pleased we went. I just felt it was all a bit safe and the venue limits Prydz. It would be nice if he at least changed things up a bit at times in the season. He played some great b2b sets with Beyer relatively recently. But I guess people are only there for Eric and they have to pack it out.

Now, where do I put my Elrow @ Ushuaia review?! Can’t believe we went to that…!

Last edited:
Back