cala d'en serra hotel demolition?

stingray

Anyone know if the ecotax (RIP) has yet kicked off the demolition of Josep Lluis Sert's ill thought abandoned hotel project at Cala d'en Serra.

My face beach in Ibiza if I had to put my neck on the mesa

Iain

sadly that ugly structure is still there!! :x

haven't heard much about it lately but apparently they were planning to knock down part of it and built a mirador!! :idea:

AHA099.jpg

Sant Joan Want "Mirador" Sight Seeing Centre Made Out Of Famous Structure.
The Town Hall in Sant Joan wants to make a "Mirador" sight seeing centre or a health & beauty centre out of the half finished structure built on high cliffs over looking the sea in the borough by the world famous architect Josep Lluis Sert in 1975. The Town Hall has ordered studies to be carried out to see which of these options is the most viable. They appear to be against knocking the structure down which was the original solution planned for this unique structure. Only if these studies prove that these other uses are not possible will the structure in this beauty spot be knocked down. Money for building the beauty & health centre or the "Mirador" sight seeing centre will supposedly be paid for by money still left over from the days of the ecotasa environmental tax as would the demolition if this eventually takes place. The Town Hall also want the Sert building to be classified as part of the heritage of the island if the studies show that it can viably converted into a "Mirador" sight seeing centre or beauty & health centre.

(the ibiza sun)

one of the many graffitis he did there:

DSCN2876_1.jpg

8)

Back