billboards

thumb

DDI

the fact the owners were getting paid for having one of those horrible big things in their lands doesn't mean it's legal!

obviously the different councils, especially in these times of crisis, also want a piece of the cake...
so now we have anno domini 2015 ... and obviously absolutely NOTHING has happened in the last years regarding billboards.

but wait ...
now (at the very end of the season) sanan authorities are investigating about possible illegal billboards :lol::twisted: =>
http://www.noudiari.es/2015/09/sant...ncia-y-contra-las-que-no-se-abrio-expediente/

... although those who are not part of the association might have other plans!

A shame really, these billboards on the way from the airport were the first impression I got from this island. I remember being completely surprised and impressed that underground DJs, who hardly anyone knew in my hometown, were on big billboards that had shampoo or fast food ads on them where I am from. Felt at home instantly.
To think future clubbers won‘t get that makes me sad. It‘s not as if these boards make the street and scenery there any uglier.

A shame really, these billboards on the way from the airport were the first impression I got from this island. I remember being completely surprised and impressed that underground DJs, who hardly anyone knew in my hometown, were on big billboards that had shampoo or fast food ads on them where I am from. Felt at home instantly.
To think future clubbers won‘t get that makes me sad. It‘s not as if these boards make the street and scenery there any uglier.

hmm. I was also used to them and liked them when I started to come to ibiza. it was part of the landscape between the airport, ibiza and san antonio. but I don't think people's ibiza experience will be any worse without them. and in a few years they will be forgotten by most - especially by the future clubbers who see all those billboards online (as banners or eflyers) way before they come to the island anyway. it's an ideologic approach this maybe, but I truly believe those massive billboards aren't a necessity anymore in 2020.

A shame? Really?
At the age of the social networks, these shits are a terrorist attack on the island landscape.

I’ll miss them too, they’re the ‘sign’ that good times are about to start. Loved some of the more creative ones like La Troya and Manumission from years ago. Not so keen on the less imaginative ones with lists of djs.

Back