WHP 2016

Don't go printworks it's a shit hole. Make your way to the northern quarter which is only 2 mins from print works. Plenty of decent bars, eastern block is a record store which now has a bar and outside area. If it's not raining I'd go there for a couple. Decent music.
Eastern Bloc is quirky and great.

Oof both Heidi and Laurent Garnier have pulled out of tonight, due to illness and a family bereavement

I knew sumat was up with them not releasing set times but Garnier! :( was so excited to see him.... gutted
Fair play for them getting in some replacements on such short notice though

Disappointing, especially with Garnier cancelling, but hope he's ok given it was a bereavement.

Will still be a cracking night anyway!

Great night although disappointed with The Black Madonna, tbh.

Thought the sets earlier on were much better (Moxie, Jasper James, Justin Robertson) although enjoyed Mike Servito, just a shame it was so quiet for him.

Love Black Madonna and listen to loads of her mixes but that was the weakest I've seen her play, sadly. Just didn't go anywhere and a lot of the crowd looked bored. Probably didn't help that she was on after Black Coffee who was really dull and lost everything that Jasper James had built up. Really don't get the big deal with Black Coffee.

Anyway, nice crowd and not too busy so plenty of room to move about and very few queues. The backstage area was a nice touch too!

I enjoyed everyone i listened to last night, especially last half hour of the Black Madonna other than wherever i moved (was loads of room) seemed to be groups of kids stood with there snappy bags and ladle as if it were a sherbet dip dab just nonchalantly sniffing there stuff, what happened to a bit of discretion......

I must say also that i liked what they've done with the layout this year, not having that squeeze through at the back of main room when trying to get to the main bar is a major plus.

Met spotlighter Ben on the bar as well and i couldnt resist asking him about his space closing ordeal, sorry Ben ;)

Great night although disappointed with The Black Madonna, tbh.

Thought the sets earlier on were much better (Moxie, Jasper James, Justin Robertson) although enjoyed Mike Servito, just a shame it was so quiet for him.

Love Black Madonna and listen to loads of her mixes but that was the weakest I've seen her play, sadly. Just didn't go anywhere and a lot of the crowd looked bored. Probably didn't help that she was on after Black Coffee who was really dull and lost everything that Jasper James had built up. Really don't get the big deal with Black Coffee.

Anyway, nice crowd and not too busy so plenty of room to move about and very few queues. The backstage area was a nice touch too!

Infact on reflection i agree with you on Black Coffee, was quite stale, heard him before and now last night and i think his sound is just not my cup of tea. Black Madonnas last half hour was defo better than the previous hour imo.
Glad you had a gooden :)

Infact on reflection i agree with you on Black Coffee, was quite stale, heard him before and now last night and i think his sound is just not my cup of tea. Black Madonnas last half hour was defo better than the previous hour imo.
Glad you had a gooden :)

Agree that her last half hour was the best. Just a shame it built so slowly as thought she would have really gone for it in Laurent Garnier & Heidi's absence.

Good to meet you too bucko, even if you did mention space haha. I finished early so got to have a rave to black madonna. I thought her set was very very good, built it up great with the African drum beat tunes (for want of a better way of explaining it) then some banging tunes finishing off with some lovely disco. Working again tonight and will defo try and catch her again.

Greg Lord was really impressive, threw in a few classics that was remixed into some techno wobblers.

Thought the security was far relaxed than previous times, good crowd aswell

@Clara @Bucko08 - Not to say that people dont have bad sets because they certainly do, but i find BM to be a long haul type of gal, it often takes her awhile to build up and really get in motion, so i wonder if the whole short set is just not ideal setting to see her.

@Clara @Bucko08 - Not to say that people dont have bad sets because they certainly do, but i find BM to be a long haul type of gal, it often takes her awhile to build up and really get in motion, so i wonder if the whole short set is just not ideal setting to see her.

I enjoyed her set especially the last half hour. It was Black Coffee that i was left a bit flat but just think his sound isnt my bag

Gutted to be saying this but gf has realized that she flies to New York first thing the morning after we were meant to be going to the Mosaic night (26th Nov) so I have 2 tickets for sale if anybody wants them?

Gutted to be saying this but gf has realized that she flies to New York first thing the morning after we were meant to be going to the Mosaic night (26th Nov) so I have 2 tickets for sale if anybody wants them?

how much dude?

Im hoping to get to this night but wont know till next week.

Back