Star boats - rent a boat

Took 3 boats out for the afternoon last week, had a great time, unfortunately the wind was a little strong which prevented us from heading south as planned. But it was still fun to motor along close to cliffs north of San Antonio.

Anchored up outside Mambo's for sunset, had a few beers and people watched till it was getting dark. The guy from Star Boats came out and gave us our cue to head back.

Would definitely do it again, all the fun of boat charter without the crazy prices.

My only advice would be think carefully what you take with you, they are small boats with very limited storage, anything on the floor WILL get wet! 4 people per boat was comfortable, any more would be a squeeze

Glad you had a good time - nothing quite like being out on the water and having things to yourself even if you can't go so far ! It's best in the Med in Summer to get out on the water at 8am because the wind and chop almost always increases significantly by midday but before then you can usually happily go wherever you want. Now get your I.C.C. and you can hire up to 10m on a self-drive :twisted:.

One of our party has his skipper's licence but it didn't seem fair lumbering him with the responsibility of a £50k speed boat while the rest of us tucked in to beers and generally mucked about. If we went with a smaller group I would consider a Mamboat next year, funds allowing.

Sounds awesome, exactly what we have planned....what sort of time did you need to head back in, if you don't mind me asking?

It was around 9.30pm, just about still light by the time we got back. Obviously the later in the season you go the earlier you'll need to return, but they let you know when sunset is when you take the boat so you have plenty of time outside Mambo's if thats your thing.

Just back from the magic island, and can highly recommend renting the boats if you are looking for a relaxing day out. They are quite small, but we had 4 lads on each one quite comfortably, and really enjoyed the time. We took the afternoon session to incorporate the sunset, which was amazing, floating on the sea, with the tunes from Del Mar, all the people on the beach and the sunset was a wonderful experience. I would also recommend stopping off at the cave half way through the route, and doing some cliff jumping, we bumped into some Italian guys and spent the next 2 hours trying to outdo each other.

One word of warning, it can get a bit choppy the further out you go, so if you suffer from sea sickness, this isn't the trip for you.

Can you take these outside of their shown route??? To Es Vedra for example?? :D

no ric, you are not allowed; only between cala bassa, cala conta, the islands and cala salada (they draw you a clear boundary). otherwise you might end up without petrol somewhere out there :):)

we did it last year as a family - was brilliant day out - and are going again on sunday morning. highly recommended!

Reactions: ric
Although ending up with no petrol would be an experience in itself... I'm sure, with the current, i'd end up somewhere eventually... :lol:

Might look into this next month instead of a quad as it looks like i won't have my new driving licence back in the post by that stage...

Good speaking to you on Sunday by the way (i'm sure i was talking rubbish but hopefully it was topical/interesting rubbish).... :lol::)

We hired a boat for the full day last week, it is the only way to visit the beaches like Cala Saladeta in August.. I couldn't believe how packed they were. Cala Comte was amazing it was so incredibly busy as you would expect but going there by boat in that lush turquoise water was bliss! It was a shame two of us got sea sickness and had to be dropped off after a couple of hours and I got sun stroke so missed the sun setting outside mambo by about 20 minutes as I couldn't bare it any longer! I want to get one again for half the day next time, I really enjoyed it!

wonder how the parking situation there is in august.
do they park left and right all along that road leading hillwards ??

Haha I only got ill right at the end thankfully! It was my own fault for not putting sun cream on :spank: the parking situation at Cala Comte I couldn't tell from the boat but I would imagine people were parking right up to San Antonio as the beach was like sardine city! And Cala Saladeta looked like people were lying on each others towels lol it was fab being on the boat looking in :cool:

Hired a Star Boat at the end of July for the sunset session, in the end there was 5 of us! 3 lads and 2 girls .

We had a real laugh, we followed the FYB route a bit then cruised round all the beaches and chilled out at some coves, your right, it can get quite choppy at times !

We bought beer & bubbles and loads of ice to put in their cool box

We dropped anchor literally 20 yards from Mambo and waved to all our pals, it was probably one of the best things I've ever done on the island, we were in hysterics most of the time, doing donuts and swimming in the sea

They are not huge boats and we are big lads, it was a bit of a squeeze but it didn't affect our experiance

Well worth doing, excellent value for money

wonder how the parking situation there is in august.
do they park left and right all along that road leading hillwards ??

:eek:

Platges de Comte collapse

Dozens of vehicles parked daily on both sides of the road leading to this busy beach, hampering smooth movement There is no sign prohibiting the parking of cars on the side of the road

Massification. Dozens of vehicles parked on both sides of the road collapse Platges de Comte access to this area of Sant Josep. Cars parked on the side of the road hinder smooth movement and prevent the simultaneous passage of two cars. However, unlike what happens in other beaches, there are no signs prohibiting parking.

"It does not seem normal to leave the car on the road, but as we have seen that there are several parked on both sides of the road we decided to do the same. There is no space elsewhere
, "says Maria Grimau. It is the second time Grimau visit Ibiza. The first was 14 years ago and came in September. Although this tourist from Barcelona was aware that in August the island would be more crowded, it was not expected to go to the beach at five in the afternoon became an ordeal.

Access, an odyssey
A half a kilometer away from the beach
, she and her two traveling companions, Maria Ferrer and Carme Grimau, they were retained his vehicle on the road as they entered and left cars at the same time, but there was no road space for simultaneous movement in both directions.

"We have not seen any sign prohibiting parking, so I hope not ticketed!" Say these three Catalan. "When we saw the parked cars on the road we thought it is normal here," he added.

Two days ago these tourists also had difficulty parking in ses Salines. "We were about seven in the evening and thought the lack of parking was because it was a bad time. Today we came at five in the afternoon because we thought it would be a quieter time and it would be easier to access with the car, but we've found that not ", says this group.

If any of tourists yearned to find peace and tranquility in Platges de Comte, the constant beeping of cars erased at a stroke this desire. At quarter past five p.m. came one of the many traffic jams in this area. A Mercedes van was driving in the right lane, but stayed locked in her lane near where it was the old bus stop (the current is half a kilometer away from the shore). At the same time, a Ford Mondeo was in the left lane in the opposite direction to the van.

As this stretch wooden stakes and ropes protect the dunes and trees of the invasion of cars, people leave their vehicles on the sides of the road. As a result, neither the driver nor the Mondeo Mercedes could be set aside to facilitate passage. It took two minutes retentions to untie chaos and the chirp of cars silenced the chirping of crickets.

Finally, Mondeo driver could backtrack and the driver of the van and the dozen cars waiting could continue their journey.

After this retention, Rebeca Medina, Malaga, and her group of friends walked briskly wanting to swim against s'Illa des Bosc.

For them, parking was not difficult, but emphasized that had formed "caravan" (tail) on the road that leads to the beach.

"We struggled a bit to get to the beach because there were caravan at the entrance, but is normal. It's August and we are in Ibiza, "says Medina.

Saturation
Saturation vehicles also occurs in other beaches in the municipality. For this reason the City of Sant Josep reported that it is currently conducting a study to find solutions to the problems of parking and massive visits in Cala d'Hort, in ses Salines and Cala Tarida.

In Cavallet, the company operating the concessions from the beaches of Natural Park, Ibifor manages the capacity of the car park.

On the other hand, the Local Police of Sant Josep provisionally he said yesterday morning a space in the area above Platges de Comte to the danger of landslides. The City of Sant Josep reported yesterday through a statement a few days ago came off in the same area a piece of the wall, although no personal injuries were reported ...

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2016/08/26/colapso-platges-comte/862529.html

Back