Es Paradis

DC1983

Anyone been since they installed the new sound system(so i hear)?

Last edited:
Friends and I were there for Connect last week (20 July). It was my first time at Es Paradis, so I can't say how it compared to the previous system, but it seemed solid and there were no complaints from the trance crowd there that night.

It was a decent crowd but not very busy -- a few hundred people maybe? The crowd was pretty much all in the sunken pool area.

I went to Hed Kandi with the missus last year and was the same, not busy at all, no atmosphere so left well before the end of the night. Nice looking club though.
Two years ago I was in Es paradise and it was busy enough.
seems to have its ups and lots of downs regarding how many people are there.

Will probably go to connect when im there in Sept though, staying close by so if its crap can just pop back home with no hassle.

The only time I've seen Es Paradis properly busy since the mid 00s is the Clockwork Orange events the past two years.

Will probably go to connect when im there in Sept though, staying close by so if its crap can just pop back home with no hassle.

I hope it's a good night for you, and in general that Connect can continue to grow and prosper. Having a second trance and progressive night on the island makes me a happy partier. :D

Do the 2 water parties still get busy?

Went to a Tuesday one and it was very quiet, but it meant the crowd partied together in the water like one big group on a night out together so the atmosphere was ok. I think Friday's have always been the busier Water Party of the two. Its a shame as its a beautiful club and I like the sunken dancefloor in the round.

Both San An clubs have struggled with the emergence of Bossa, Ushuaia pull in thousands a night all week, and hundreds of them will be staying in San An.

What do you think it would take to make Es Paradis popular again?

Its a tough one, they have to stick to the Water Party as its the clubs only unique selling point, but both Es Paradis & Eden keep trying to flog other nights of the week for 20/30Euros which seem to have little to no identity and I really don't know how they keep open all summer. Maybe going for free entry (but make money at the bar) or a BCM Magaluf style 'all you can drink' policy would tempt some people from the West End.

Its a tough one, they have to stick to the Water Party as its the clubs only unique selling point, but both Es Paradis & Eden keep trying to flog other nights of the week for 20/30Euros which seem to have little to no identity and I really don't know how they keep open all summer. Maybe going for free entry (but make money at the bar) or a BCM Magaluf style 'all you can drink' policy would tempt some people from the West End.
Tried that with gatecrasher at Eden few years ago and still didn't work. Eden and Esc paradis are struggling for a long time

I think it would be a great shame if they went the BCM route. Plus it would have a negative effect on San An in general. More people smashed out of their face is not going to help anyone.

I agree that all of the unknown nights just don't help at all.

I was just thinking what it would take for me to get excited about an Es Paradis night, it would have to be a monster line up which I just don't recall seeing for years.

Maybe it's just my taste but I think you really need a really strong 'house' lineup. A sound to compliment the beauty of the club.

Classic solid house with some big big names would be amazing at Es Paradis.

I think day time pool type parties at Es paradise may work.

For Eden the free bar is something I think they should continue even if it was so many free drinks free or free bar Til 2? I think it was just gatecrasher that reunion it.
As for big names I think return of toolroom would appeal to a lot

A full clockwork season in es paradis or strong house sound. 2 many under achieving techno nights around the island at the min. Also think instead of filling 7 nights with mediocre nights, eden, es paradis and privilege should go for 3 big nights. Maybe coax the likes of subliminal back to do a run of nights. Big names will attract big crowd n if only opening 3 nights outta 7 it gives more money to make line ups quality

But if you were a big name would you play Es Paradis or Eden when the rest of the clubs are asking you to play at their place

I really don't think either club has the money to spend on attracting them

Reactions: PP
Back