How much will I need?

"ibizatom"

I've been ibiza 7 times, the most recent I returned from on Monday, and it's all I think about day and night. Even when I'm going on other holidays part of me is sat on the plane wishing I was going the white isle. It's my dream to one day live there but is it realistic? Can anyone tell me the important stuff like how much of a slush fund will I need to take out with me? Can I realistically make enough money in summer to survive all year, or find all year round work? And what is the average price of rent for a one bedroom pad?

Thanks in advance

I've recently made the move. Having previously done seasons out here I've found it easyish to find winter work and accommodation. If you have a trade you will be fine during the winter. My aim is to make enough during the summer to last me the winter. It can be done, just got to keep away from the summer madness! The issues about licensed pr's this summer might affect job availability but that's yet to be seen. Any questions fire away :)

I've never done a season and don't have a trade but I have hospitality experience. Whats the rent like and where is the cheapest place to live?

Rent is taking the piss at the moment. Plus you have to find a months rent for deposit, months rent in advance and also a months rent for the agents fee. Absolute joke. We looked at a place this morning and it was 6k we had to pay before we could move in. This is in San Antonio. If you are looking to share it can be easier. Places like the ship have notice boards etc to help with that.

with the current rent prices, I personally think it's going to be very hard to make enough during the summer to last all winter without working. years ago lots of people did this, but it's less and less realistic nowadays. on the other hand you can get more winter work these days.

I thought San antonio was reasonably cheap to live in compared to the rest of the island. What kind of work would I be looking at in the winter if I didn't have a trade?

It's used to be cheap. I started out 6 summers ago paying 200 a month all bills inc. with wifi for a 2 bedroom place based on 4 sharing.
Right now I'm looking at paying a grand just for a room for me and my girlfriend for an unfurnished, no bills included 6 month contract.
So it's changed a lot.
this year is going to be interesting. Less jobs to go around and higher priced rents.

It's honestly a joke this year. there is probably going to be less jobs this year because they aren't issuing the pr licenses to the bars and clubs. But I've heard that one club has had them granted and I was out in the west end and it was business as usual. Pr's operating on the strip. Was actually surprised how busy it was, and how drunk I got. Was only meant to go out for one!

Looks like I'm going to have to spend a Year or so saving. I will live there one day but it's going to take alot of planning and saving first it seems

Back