Mosaic by Maceo Plex at PACHA 2016

I don't think its the best club on the Island, granted the heritage and the brand. I still enjoy the club and don't go as much as I should.

just wondering solomun sundays cocoon mondays then maceo tuesdays that would be a good summer

well that's how it will be.

I think the first summer for maceo at pacha might be difficult given it's coxy's last summer at space. but obviously pacha are aware of that and I just hope they'll have the patience to stand a possibly mediocre first season to then have a better 2017. prove me wrong though...

I think the first summer for maceo at pacha might be difficult given it's coxy's last summer at space. but obviously pacha are aware of that and I just hope they'll have the patience to stand a possibly mediocre first season to then have a better 2017. prove me wrong though...

If you had to guess, what % of people at Coxy are Brits? 75%? Don't you think come July-September there will be enough of an international crowd to make the Mosaic a success?

They talk about label take-overs too..... he's done some stuff for Drumcode hasn't he? I know a lot of DJs will be locked into other contracts, but I'd imagine a Maceo Plex / Adam Beyer Drumcode takeover would have some pull...

If you had to guess, what % of people at Coxy are Brits? 75%? Don't you think come July-September there will be enough of an international crowd to make the Mosaic a success?

They talk about label take-overs too..... he's done some stuff for Drumcode hasn't he? I know a lot of DJs will be locked into other contracts, but I'd imagine a Maceo Plex / Adam Beyer Drumcode takeover would have some pull...

it's a lot of brits at coxy for sure, but especially since it's his last year, I expect it to be a bit more international this year. we shall see how it goes, but I for one would have realistic expectations for season one. as for the music, I don't think beyer/drumcode is something that would suit pacha tbh. again, prove me wrong...

edit - all that said it's a genius move for pacha and if they get it OK for 2016 it could turn into a killer night for 2017 and so on.

don't think beyer/drumcode is something that would suit pacha tbh. again, prove me wrong...

edit - all that said it's a genius move for pacha and if they get it OK for 2016 it could turn into a killer night for 2017 and so on.

HaHa, probably right about Beyer, but seen him a few times at fabric and smaller venues when he's been a bit slower and it's worked. But a full-on Adam Beyer Amnesia Main Room set would not work in there!

Thing with Beyer is he already plays a lot at Cocoon and Space for Cox. Would be good for Maceo to bring something a little fresher..

I can't remember Maceo and Drumcode ever doing anything in the first place. Not a good mix imo.

Conjure Dreams and Conjure Floyd, 2 of Maceo's best tracks in my opinion but still doesnt really link the two together. Personally, I dont think Maceo Plex warrants his own night period, but I've said before here and elsewhere I think his dj capabilities are both limited and not impressive. So i guess being biased or to simply state, Im not a fan. I think its a good move for Pacha and live @stivi said, it may struggle the first year but will probably be a jackpot after Carl Cox retires from his Ibiza residency.

Personally, I dont think Maceo Plex warrants his own night period, but I've said before here and elsewhere I think his dj capabilities are both limited and not impressive.

Do you mean Technically not a good DJ? Some people say this about Solomun don't they. I mean is Solomun technically the best DJ? No. (Especially at 7AM after he's polished off a bottle of Whiskey). But does he know how to build up a set and creste the best atmosphere through solid track selection.... Yes..

I think it's a bit ballsy on his part going up against Carl Cox lol. I think Thursday would have been better to fill that Enter void (so far) but I don't know who else can except maybe a combo of some DJs? I do agree some nights might struggle. I think this can also cause some Cox nights to suffer maybe depending on lineup? I'm personally fine with seeing maybe an open to close set sometimes! Has that ever been done by him?

Back