Formentera August-cheap accommodation, what's the chance

claretclubber

Mrs and I have booked a flight out to ibiza in August, not my choice on the month but our friends are all out for a birthday and to see the uk's finest export Carl Cox at space one last time. Flight cost £50:eek:

However after a couple of day trips to Formentera we want to stay on the island for a few days to relax after what will probably be a taxing couple of days.

Are there any cheap accommodation options on the island? For 2 people, but there could be possibly be 4? Is the island as expensive as the ibiza? Are there any supermarkets or reasonable places to buy supplies, or is it worth bringing from ibiza? (sounding like the poster asking about bringing beer to ibiza!)

Cheers :D

you'll hate this, but formentera in august is just as expensive as ibiza or even a bit more.

there are supermarkets in sant francesc and in sant ferran so no need to bring stuff from ibiza. if you're there on a thursday night check out cocoon at tipic club!

Had a little look Don Simon-looks like I'm going to have to polish up my Italian according to tripadvisor (or learn some!)

So will we have to book in advance or will there be any if we just turn up. I think with it being august I can guess!

Thanks

August is not the best month to find a hotelroom as it´s the month where Italiens have there holiday,
so there will not be anything free.

Me and the Missus go over most years and i have to say last year we found everything that bit more expensive. We always go in September so i imagine even more so in August. If its relaxation your after then Playa Mighorn or Es calo is your best bet as there are plenty of hotels there but if its a cheaper alternative your after then Es pujol is an option although no where near as nice or chilled.

As said above there are plenty of supermarkets to choose from so no need to take anything. Some great little beach bars and shacks along Playa Mighorn.. Finding them is a nice little reward.

From my limited visits to the island I'd prefer to stay on playa Migjorn/Arenals, I would like beach relaxing but with the island being relatively small I think travelling wouldn't be too difficult if price was massively different.

Thanks ibiza77 I'll bear they in mind.

Back