Moving to Ibiza April 2016

paulfender1

Hi All,

I am moving to Ibiza on April 1st 2016 and wondered if that would be too late to get a decent long term let?

I am away in Canada for Jan - March so won't have the luxury of being able to get over in Feb and sort things any earlier, but I am visiting next month for the weekend as I am setting a business up and have some things to sort on that side - so maybe I could arrange the long term let then to start 1st April, or would that be too early?

I don't want to room share and would like my own place as the move is going to be a long term thing for me, somewhere quiet but with reasonable access to the action.

Any help or advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!

april is the worst time to get a long term rental deal. I'd suggest you extend your stay when you come in november and get it all sorted then, now is the time to actually find a year round rental. soon after new years the landlords' minds start changing again and then they're only interested in renting out for the summer season (at double the price).

OK great, thanks for the advice Stivi. I can't extend this time but I could probably get back over in December if neccesary. Could I get everything done in a few days do you think?

that is a very general question and depends on how much you already sort beforehand. but tentatively I'd say no. do you have your NIE number sorted yet? spanish bank account? I mean I know finding a place to stay is your main subject, but these two things are essential tasks to get done ASAP (and you could do both from elsewhere, depending on where you live).

Ok I don't have my NIE number or bank account yet (do I need both to rent a place?). My parents have a house in Spain and live there for 4 months of the year and both have NIE numbers and bank accounts so I'm popping over to get their help on that side of things tomorrow. I have read that I can apply for my NIE number at the Spanish consulate in London so maybe that would be my best bet before booking my trip in December.

Sorry for the influx of questions!

definitely get your NIE sorted via the consulate in london, call them next week to get a date.
and I think you should have santander in the UK yeah? that's a bank a lot of brits use because it's basically a spanish one, but has offices in the UK too.

Took two weeks exactly to get the NIE number. One hour in the consulate in London and everything was sorted, they were really helpful.

Signed power of attorney over to the lawyers in Ibiza who are setting up the business account and they are going to sort my personal bank account too.

Moving to Ibiza April 6th 2015. Notice handed in at work and I am one happy bunny.

Thanks for the advice.

Took two weeks exactly to get the NIE number. One hour in the consulate in London and everything was sorted, they were really helpful.

Signed power of attorney over to the lawyers in Ibiza who are setting up the business account and they are going to sort my personal bank account too.

Moving to Ibiza April 6th 2015. Notice handed in at work and I am one happy bunny.

Thanks for the advice.

How'd the move go Paul?

Back