Cafe Mambo 2015

[QUOTECraig72, post: 846102, member: 19331"]Jesus I wish. :twisted: Im + 3 for the first few days mate.how long you around for[/QUOTE]

Till Tues lunchtime it seems at the mo. Mambo closing is in full flight - should be doing the tapas run but sat in Mint Lounge trying to scrounge a Pizza .. well it's chilly and comfy car parked round the corner !

This might sound stupid.. But we have ate in cafe mambo in previous years, day time and night time.. Don't remember going to the loo at night but when there's a dj on can you still get inside to the loo and bar? It's blocked off is it not by big bouncers and stuff or is there a side entrance? Lol
Just wondering are all the people that usually stand behind the dj booked VIP tables or just lucky to have got in?
Just "wannabees, lookatmes", and fake cnuts, part of the problem ibiza has lost some of its pride. They need to be lined up a wall and shot, along side guetta,aoki marvin hulmes.

In 24yrs going to ibiza I've never been to mambo. I've been on the rocks and bought drinks at cafe del Mar . But nothing ever appealed to me about mambo Any time i was around there. Maybe next year.

I've only ever been del Mar. A proper place with history and an ibizan feel to it. It always makes me laugh walking past mambo in the day and night with a lot of the people in awe of the place.

I went there all those years ago for cafe del mar and that's still the only reason I go back there. Some great memories of all those years.

Just "wannabees, lookatmes", and fake cnuts, part of the problem ibiza has lost some of its pride ???

I hold my head in my hands at some of the comments on here ...

Just "wannabees, lookatmes", and fake cnuts, part of the problem ibiza has lost some of its pride ???

Its a tourist attraction, it attracts large amounts of tourists, I dont get this 'fake cnuts' thing, people are on holiday enjoying themselves, I been going to Ibiza for 15 years now, and yes it has changed, and there are also some places I wouldnt go anymore, but I think its the fact we are all getting older and Ibiza manages stays young, surely not all are going to like it, we were probably seen as fake cnuts in the 90's by people that had been going for years before us!

Ibiza is a well known holiday destination, quite possibly the most popular one for the British, nothing fake about the people, they have been going for years

I might even be giving Ibiza a break next year which will seem very strange! But to me I feel I have most definitely been there, done it! I always try and get a couple of holidays in a year, so my yearly holiday is not always just Ibiza, I feel I want to see a bit more now, the closing parties this year (although fun) just didn't have the impact they had in the past, again probably a case of been there done that! Was talking to a fit Spanish bar maid at the little bar right at the end of PDB beach just before it goes rocky, nice little place, anyway this must of been Tuesday because I asked if she had done any of the closings, and she said no, its just the same as always, you know what to expect, and that just said it all really! Have to add again, she was mega fit, and friendly! Actually I might go back next year now haha!

I can understand, tried out a lot of new places this year myself but still enjoyed it, I still go because I like the vibe mixed in with great music and weather. Iam not put off by VIP, pictures in clubs, some high prices or any of the things the cool gang moan about, I certainly don't dwell on " how it used to be " ....

Try Clockwork reunion this year if you have never been, amazingly friendly vibe and great old Skool music, young and old welcome.

If you read the post properly then your see the "lookatmes, and fake cnuts" remark was aimed at the people sniffing round the dj drinking hierbas most nights thinking thier something they ain't, not the folk drinking outside the dj booth. Its the vip image that's slowly killing ibizan tradition. The best place down there for me is del Mar. Mambo doesn't do it for me, it's too commercial now.

Back