summer work 2016

srN^^

Hey everyone. I'm planning to go to Ibiza next year for the summer and I can't find much/new info on the Internet. Can you please help me with a few questions?

Preferably, I would like to work in a bar/restaurant, but I don't have experience at all, would it be helpful doing a waiter/bartender course, or it would be useless without the experience? Is there any chance to work in a bigger bar/club?

What's the monthly rent for an apartament in PDB/San Antonio? What are the other costs for an apartament besides rent?

Is early June too late to go to Ibiza and search for work?

What's the average salary and the usual working schedule (free days etc.) for summer workers in Ibiza?

How much money would you take with you for a couple of weeks when trying to find work on the island?

Thanks a lot :)

Hi mate

I am no expert myself but these threads have come up on here from time to time, might be worth searching old threads on here and reading through them?

I can't help you on all of your questions, but things that I have gleamed from previous threads on this... learn as much Spanish you can between now and when you go - this will probably help you more than having previous bar or waiter experience - although bar and waiter experience would also help a lot! With the big clubs you will need to be completely fluent in Spanish and English at the very least and ideally be very handsome/pretty...make of that what you will...

I think the consensus is that June is probably a bit late, although not impossible. Ideal time probably early May...

Sorry I can't be more help. I think these threads come up quite often so as I say have a good search through for more info. Think there are a few facebook groups suggested that might help.

Last edited:
Back