New York Techno/Tech House/ETC

Where did you hear about the Solomun & Music On parties? (I know Carola is playing Story in Miami on the 31st and given his history of playing Cipriani around Halloween it makes sense.) Just curious the source / how real the parties are as I haven't seen anything announced for them. Do you have any more detail on either party?

Where did you hear about the Solomun & Music On parties? (I know Carola is playing Story in Miami on the 31st and given his history of playing Cipriani around Halloween it makes sense.) Just curious the source / how real the parties are as I haven't seen anything announced for them. Do you have any more detail on either party?

Solomun has the event listed on his own facebook page, so I would doubt that isn't confirmed unless planning falls through somehow. Gigatools did have Hector playing Music On in nyc on Oct 30th, that has since been removed from what I could see, but as you mention history says there is a really good chance that will happen at Cipriani's, they charge a ton for it and a lot of people attend.

FYI, Solomun Robot Heart at BK Warehouse by invite only, according to a friend who works with some nyc promoters, Marco was set for 10/30 music on party but never sealed the deal, unfortunately I dont know anymore as to what is the exact reason

http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=18185

RA quite scathing of the crowd (and a few DJ's track selection) here. Is this really deserved?

Did you go @Chris L ?

I was there for both nights, i found Friday to be rather boring although Black Coffee did some fine work and was pleasantly surprised with actually the level of energy that Luciano brought. Im not a big fan of either Seth Troxler of Jamie Jones so there b2b did nothing for me and Villalobos was himself to me nothing more nothing less. He was completely overhyped but I guess that comes from people who never see him because they dont travel, so it was a "BIG" thing for him to be in the states.

Saturday night the music was excellent all around. Apollonia did some good warmup work and then Len Faki was absolutely massive. I ventured over to Sven after Len Faki finished up and I actually thought he played the best set of his out the 5 or so I've heard him do over the last 2 years. I've never had the pleasure of catching papa Sven do a set in the main room at Cocoon but I imagine it would sound more like how he played that night. Last year Sven played a lighter more relaxed party vibe kind of set and i found this year to be a lot more driving and tougher sounding. Again it was my favorite set of his I've heard in a long time. My only problem was after, I found Tale of Us to be having a little bit of hard time to pick the energy back up. I did check out Capriati as well and he wasnt really impressing either, although I'd imagine it would be pretty tough to follow up Liebing as I was with some people who checked him out as well and I've heard nothing but good things.

All in all the production far exceeded the first year and the sound was excellent this year as well. I assumed it would be and considered they probably wouldnt get it perfect first time around. I'm not sure the programming was done correctly as i would've changed some things such as having Capriati open up room 2 and put Len Faki on after Liebing. I didn't find the crowed to be better or worse than anything else. It was certainly no vibe that say Awakenings Festival has in the summer, but it wasn't terrible vibe wise. For me, I could have lived without going both nights as i said Friday was overall pretty boring. I would certainly give it another go if the lineup was right but probably not for the double header.

Just for reference, I did attend most of those events I listed out. The only one for me that was over the top was the Blk Market party with Dixon. He played an absolutely inspired 6 hour or so set which was completely different from his previous sets in new york (had been around a total of 3 times in 6 months). Some other notes if interested, Drumcode was awful, Adam Beyer's set went nowhere, the warehouse was terrible, and the vibe was ever worse. City Fox got cancelled by the city which caused a huge commotion although i had no plans to go to that one.

cityfox experience last minute cancellation must be a bummer for a lot of people!

They have been a mess from the start this year. Built up a new space without proper permits and then tried selling alcohol without proper permits at their first party, big time mistake in new york if the law wants to stick it to you. Needless to say they are already in big trouble and will probably do whatever they can to salvage the season, but it is not looking good for them.

This isn't techno but there is a Circo Loco warehouse party on 10/29 too

Also Zero has some parties at the Mirage (cityfox venue). Went to a Sunday one in early june that was great, with some berlin dj's (oliver koletzki etc)

Changed the name of thread to more fit what it was meaning to discuss that being general events in NY, not purely techno

Bunker x Unter party this past weekend in Brooklyn was techno marathon of the summer over here. I've never been to the likes of Berghain or some of the clubs known for pure techno, but I'd say this party rivaled any of them. Rodhad played an 8 hour set that was just driving and relentless. This was my first time catching him live and the man is just a technician, I was really really impressed. Separately Servito and Turtle were also fantastic during the outdoor daytime session mixing all styles out on the patio.

Rodhad played an 8 hour set that was just driving and relentless. This was my first time catching him live and the man is just a technician, I was really really impressed. Separately Servito and Turtle were also fantastic during the outdoor daytime session mixing all styles out on the patio.

Sounds fantastic mate!

This isn't techno but there is a Circo Loco warehouse party on 10/29 too

Lineup for this should be out within the next week or so, according to a promoter I know. Seems weird to me, but I hope that's the case.

Also, Webster Hall (horrible venue) is doing a new "house/techno" called Gotham. Be interested to see what kind of talent they attract - most of their previous Fri/Sat nights were B-list EDM DJs.

Lineup for this should be out within the next week or so, according to a promoter I know. Seems weird to me, but I hope that's the case.

Also, Webster Hall (horrible venue) is doing a new "house/techno" called Gotham. Be interested to see what kind of talent they attract - most of their previous Fri/Sat nights were B-list EDM DJs.

I wouldn't count on much actual techno at Webster Hall and I likely wouldn't go there anyway, the venue is terrible. Curious about that CircoLoco lineup especially being released so early. Im expected the standard: Seth Troxler, Martinez Bros, maybe Jamie Jones, not really interested for me. Yet i am hoping they bring Matthias Tanzmann, Black Coffee, Dixon, Servito and Black Madonna, more names like that. Whats more interesting is not yet announced but Time Warp should return to Brooklyn only 3 weeks after this party, so curious if there will be anyone playing both...

Probably a long shot...but anyone know if Music On is going to come back to NYC this year?

Would really like to go - though not sure Marquee NYC is the best venue for this, as it has been there in years past. Would rather they do a random Brooklyn warehouse or something.

Back