More Taxi nonsense

yes i u are right when u are alone it's very dangerous while drivin back from a party around 8.00 in the morning......when i brought people back to san from ibz town & my location was in Figueretas...2 times for the travel return from san antonio to Figueretas i nearly felt asleep when driving :spank: because of tireness..i opened the windows, trying to catch some fresh air,bang on the drums to wake me up but it did not work a lot :lol: .i should just drop people at bus station in front of Space as i had take some risk (in add ,rides were free for ibz 2013 ...) or sleep at least 20mn :D

See, rather than risk the life of everyone in your car, why not pay a few euros each and get a taxi?

See, rather than risk the life of everyone in your car, why not pay a few euros each and get a taxi?

Couldn't agree more if there's a few people. But some of us almost always go home on our own and it's a likely 20-30Euros depending on where you're staying. Add that to the 20-30Euros you paid to get there, your club entry and your drinks tab and suddenly the whole thing just gets too much money for the 5 hours you had inside. Can't be bothered messing about with buses after a night out any more, or staying in Bossa/Ibiza Town. So ... drinks on the balcony - or a couple of drinks at the start of the night followed by water, anyone ?

I often go out (e.g. sunset @ Benirras or Cala Conta etc), onto dinner and then onto clubbing from somewhere else on the island without going back to hotel first - saves wasting a load of time. So it's not just about getting from hotel to club and home again.

Last edited:
Right, i can't afford 20-30€ Taxi cab rides..especially i hop from place to place ...so it will be 100€ Taxi a day...
i am fine with the driving...i will be more careful for the morning, after a party in not making rides to bring people :D avoiding spending more time on riding the car:)

Right, i can't afford 20-30€ Taxi cab rides..especially i hop from place to place ...so it will be 100€ Taxi a day..
ohyes ... hopping is the best ... up and down ... east and west ;)
drove more than 2.000 km in 3 weeks ...so my taxibill would have been some hundred euros per day on some days alone ...
f*** the idiots anyway who can´t party without drinking and drugs !

I dont know what he used and wish 80 but i paid 30 euro to es cana with taxi.
I think lots of people out club drunk and wasted try to cheat them.

Yes, taxi drivers (all of them) can spot someone wasted and good for a rip-off a mile away, and they'll take advantage every chance they get.

To be perfectly honest, regardless of their accident record I'd rather take my own life in my hands than get in a cab and put it in the hands of an idiot who races round Ibiza tailgating everyone else at twice the speed limit. Which most of the taxi drivers do. Hate cabs in UK and hate using them just as much in Ibiza - legal or otherwise !

Touch wood never been pranged or pranged anyone in Ibiza (or anywhere else for that matter - being reversed into in a car park whilst stationary by a bloke arguing with his missus excepted !). But the driving in Ibiza in Summer is very bad, especially in town and on sharp bends etc., so if you have only been driving for a short time, or only drive occasionally / at weekends it's no way advisable to go out on the roads if you don't have all your wits about you. It isn't only about whether you feel OK either it's everyone else - I'd say about 1 in every 2 cars at least in Season has someone at the wheel over the limit or driving on drugs, so you just always have to keep that in your mindset when you make decisions about other road users and what they're likely to do - and take your time. So far doing that's worked for me anyway.

As to trading off getting wasted in clubs with being able to get myself home and about the next day, I'll settle for the latter over the former. The "true" cost of a night out losing your marbles goes way beyond the price of the booze and gear. If you're there for 2 weeks+ and can spare the days getting 'clear' that's fine, but if you don't want to spend days on end of a limited trip holed up in a Resort 'getting over it' then being OK to drive brings a massive reward. It all depends what you want most, doesn't it ?

I grappled with this over many years - the temptations are huge with the number of clubs, bars and parties and the amount of treats on offer so easily etc. But then I realized that once you've got off your face and lost your mind enough you decide whether you like the parties for what they are or just for the context to get off your face in. If it's the latter then fine, but that in reality becomes the primary focus of your trip, end of. If you want all the rest of what's there for the taking then there have to be some compromises. You can have a bit of it all, but not all of everything (short of having a chauffeur-car on standby 24/7). After a bit of trial and error it's not that hard to have enough of all that you want :cool:.

There seemed to be a more offical taxi's this year, and more Disco Buses, so we only had to use one illegal one, who to be fair was just an older guy doing a 2nd job to make some cash and not your usual manic speeder trying to sell you drugs on the way.

"...
Ibiza Is very fashionable, is a popular destination that calls the luxury tourism and high purchasing power and our obligation is to provide the highest quality. We can offer a high price, but we know how to respond to that demand quality for that price. It is very important that employers and the industry realize this.
Some services should be improved and within the island there is a big problem are the taxis. There are tourists who pay hundreds of dollars to go to dinner or to stay and have to wait an hour and a half the arrival of a taxi.
The island needs to urgently address this problem, we have already put on the table of institutions.
We have not made an estimate of how many are needed, but the need is so great that any improvement is welcome
..."
http://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusas...ngressos-muy-urgente-podemos-esperar-mas.html

what I've always found baffling about the unlicensed taxis is that they try to charge you more than legit taxis!!

They need to revisit their business model!

That makes sense - demand outstrips supply in August, they charge a premium for a scarce resource and you jump the lengthy queue.

Anyway they've got to pay for their insurance somehow, right?:lol:

ive never been in August to be fair. But even when I've got in busier periods (mid-July) never known taxi queues to get long enough to warrant using an illegal cab.

Did use one once though, on my first visit to the island when I was more wet behind the ears. Never again. Was possibly the scariest ride of life! I don't recommend. :spank:

Paid 20 euros ses salines to plaja den bossa. Because last bus gone and no taxi out there. I think it double when you compere with legal price.

Back