THE SEVEN WONDERS OF SANKEYS IBIZA

The names on the lineups aren't too dissimilar from last year...
There was never any chance We Love would be the stand out night everyone hopes for as theres far too much competition on the island these days.

Just clicked that all of the names that have departed are those who play at DC10 as well either for Circo Loco or Paradise - Orbison, Ben UFO, Skream, Eats Everything, Jackmaster.

Still solid enough though, it was never going to be the same as at Space so fair play to them looks like they will adapt relatively well.

Unfortunately We Love will soon be in the 'Gone - but not forgotten' thread! From my point of view they lost there way when Mark Broadbent left. There line ups didn't inspire me last year and don't look up to much this year too. I can't see myself going to Sankeys for this.
Agreed, should have quit while they were ahead springs to mind...

Gonna be a rough year for Sankeys. Would not be surprised if a few nights don't make it through the summer.

Gonna be a rough year for Sankeys. Would not be surprised if a few nights don't make it through the summer.

interesting how you get this perception. I see our ticket sales (and comparison to earlier years as well as competitors) and my opinion about it is thus distinctively different

I think people love Sankeys for one reason or another, for me I can take it or leave it, I love Lawler for example but most chances wouldnt pick to go see him over other parties on Sunday, I actually never have in past years. I think We Love is not going to do so well with all the circumstances and I dont know about that Magna Carta/Reverse on Saturdays, but everything else i can see doing well.

Not exciting at all as expected for we love. But sankeys other nights too nothing really stands out at least for me for sure it will get filled up but meh... Last year checked out the lawler b2b hot since 82 @warriors which was great! :) but this year they got solomon and vagabundos (maybe even repent on some nights) to deal with.

Not exciting at all as expected for we love. But sankeys other nights too nothing really stands out at least for me for sure it will get filled up but meh... Last year checked out the lawler b2b hot since 82 @warriors which was great! :) but this year they got solomon and vagabundos (maybe even repent on some nights) to deal with.

And Do Not Sleep, which i think will gather a bit of a cult following.

Sankeys isn't trying to be a Space or an Amnesia it's a smaller club with a loyal following and something on 7 nights a week! The workers all love it and DC10 feel threatened enough not to allow it's artists to play there. It is what it is, no more no less.

Viva have done good in the past with Solomon and I don't think vagabundos will effect it but do not sleep I think that will take a few people away from viva myself included for this season anyway and repent not to sure yet although the line-ups are my cup of tea I don't think I'll go due to viva/do not sleep

The only reason the workers love Sankeys so much is because they're cut such a sweet deal there. Guarantee their loyalties would lie elsewhere if other venues offered them what Sankeys does in terms of how much they pay for admission (nothing!)

The only reason the workers love Sankeys so much is because they're cut such a sweet deal there. Guarantee their loyalties would lie elsewhere if other venues offered them what Sankeys does in terms of how much they pay for admission (nothing!)

Do workers still not get free entry for most nights?

All the big nights like Music On, ENTER. etc. their concessions lists nos are limited, and even then they need to arrive really early.

Obviously those big nights don't need to rely as much on workers, as they pull health crowds anyway.

Sankeys clearly look after workers far better then Eden & Es Paradis do, which are right on their doorstep.

Edit = im talking specifically about young Brit workers based in San An who are predominantly selling club tickets (amongst other things) for boat parties etc and who think Sankeys is the greatest club on the planet. I have no frame of reference for workers of other nationalities and/or other types of work

We Love announce their Summer Line ups

Off the back of a momentous opening, We Love are ready to reveal further details of the acts booked for their 2015 season.

The huge success of We Love’s opening party at Sankeys Ibiza saw The LAB graced by chart toppers Rudimental who bought their drum and bass influenced sounds and electric energy to the club. Support came from Black Butter Records affiliates Kidnap Kid and NVOY who showcased their fresh style and distinctive production sounds. In The Basement the London-based duo, The 2 Bears andAustralian born Kaz James held it down with feel good house music, alongside London based selector T.Williams. During the night, It was made clear that Sankeys Ibiza had maintained the high standard clubbers have come to expect from the We Love brand. Road blocked throughout and in keeping with the We Love legacy, thiswill defiantly be one of the most talked about parties on the island this season as it heads into it’s 18th year running.

Looking ahead to the rest of the season, We Love can reveal more acts that will be joining the impressive line ups and We Love family. Gracing the decks each week will be artists such as drum and bass legends Andy C and Goldie, boundary breaking James Zabelia, and the unstoppable Breach to name a few.

Alongside the above, We Love will play host to the likes of France’s legendary DJ and Producer Ivan Smagghe, label head Adam Shelton from One Records. Denmark raised and Ibiza regular, Kölsch and British duo PBR Streetgang as well as new and up and coming talent Jasper James.

We Love will also have the legendary Sasha hosting four Last Night on Earth Shows alongside Daniel Avery and hard hitting, bass and house chart topper Hannah Wants. We Love are also hugely excited to announce that after the success of the opening party, Rudimental have been booked for an additional three shows throughout the summer.

Also joining the already impressive line up will be Detroit Swindle known for their energetic DJ sets and new British duo Eton Messy. Huxley, who needs no introduction has also been added as well as the hugely successful London duo Gorgon City who are guaranteed the bring huge energy to the night. Disciples, the London based production trio creating hugely successful house music will be joining the night as well as British Record Producer andDJfrom Sheffield, Kidnap Kid. For the next 15 weeks, these DJs will be experimenting with all styles of electronic music and getting the right results on the dance floor. A member of the We Love family &resident Andy Livesey is presenting Big L’s Boutique and is in charge of keeping Spektrum moving across the season. With more acts to be announced We Love has laid down a marker for Wednesday nights in Ibiza.

Exemplifying the ethos of seamless programming, placing festival headlining acts and pairing them with the latest up coming talent as well as legendary underground tastemakers, Sankeys Ibiza and We Love are set for a special season.

dg6kgz.jpg

www.SankeysIbiza.info

www.facebook.com/welovemusic

why is some NIGHTparty on WEDNESDAYS in SANKEYS still called WELOVE ???
the only thing they will achieve is to destroy that legendary name the party WELOVE had when sundays in space (especially the last 90mins at the sunsetterrace) was probably the best place in the whole wide world !
that´s even weirder than manumission in amnesia was (not to mention that one in booom last year) ...

Sankeys Ibiza Heats Up in August

Sankeys Ibiza has a host of stand out line-ups kicking off across August as the island heats up and the season reaches it’s peak. Blending the finest underground artists with some unexpected curveballs, artists ranging from Scuba,Boddika,DJ EZ,RudimentaltoDJ Snoopadelic. The fastest growing club on the island is once again the stand out destination for clubbers hitting the island for the first time right through to the seasoned veterans on their tenth tour of duty.

Monday Nights, CUFF sees Amine Edge & Dance brining their distinctive take on ‘G-House’ to the legendary Sankeys Basement, the duos fan base stretches around the globe. In August they are joined by the likes of BBCRadio 1’sDanny Howard,K-LaganeandMedeew & Chicks Luv Us.

Sankeys longstanding club night Tribal Sessions that has over 15 years in the game holds down the Tuesday nights in Playa d'en Bossa.Boddika,Scuba,François K,Manu Gonzalez, Mr G (LIVE)andLevon Vincentall join residentsJozef KandArgy across the August stretch of shows as well as surprise booking, DJ Snoopadelic.

Wednesday’s infamous We Love brings stadium filling acts to the club, pairing them with up and coming British talent. Chart toppers Rudimental, tech house mainstays Friends Within, fresh faced Hannah Wants and the original superstar Sasha all appear in the August line ups.

Thursday nights sees island newcomer TheRedlight with it’s bass driven house, fused with UK garage dominating the dance floor. Residents Tough love and Matt Jam Lamont are joined by an international cast of leading artists, DJ EZ,Lethal Bizzle,Tube & Berger and Todd Terry all pair up with other artists famed for their heavy hitting, swung records and unremitting focus on the groove.

Every Friday Shelter, presented by Ibiza Rocks take over the Basement with acts like Bondax, Andhim, Zinc and Waze & Odyssey. On the same night, Suara take charge of the LAB hosted by Coyu, the Spanish tech house mega star is joined by label mates and close associates each week, August sees him joined by Umek,Pleasurekraft,BontanandDosem.

Saturday nights sees Magna Carta taking over the Basement & Reverse taking over the LAB. Whilst Magna Carta brings the finest UK underground acts into the legendary Basement, including Leftwing and Kody, No Artificial Colours and Josh Butler. Reverse plays host to a selection of international acts in the LAB, with the likes of Kevin Saunderson, Chus & Ceballos and Mendo all taking over the LAB each week.

Sundays sees Steve Lawler and his Viva Warriors take center stage and round off the seven wonders of Sankeys. In August, Steve is joined by Nick Curly,Derrick Carter,Hot Since 82andPete Tong, along with a host of other talent, demonstrating why this is one of the most in demand nights on the island.

Key Dates in August

Tribal Sessions: 4th August
Argy
Boddika
DJ Snoopadelic
Jozef K
Manu Gonzalez
Scuba
SIS

The Redlight: 6th August
DJ EZ
Lethal Bizzle