go pro/selfie sticks

Wait, so you are trying to make a point about how video ruins a party, by posting a video...of a party. Lol well done.

Not sure why you clowns conclude thqt i must be a youngster for wanting to take video. Im quite old and rather seasoned. Ive been to parties all around the world and been djing and producing parties in LA for the last 10 years.

One thing ive taken from my last 6 years of building camps at burning man, is that everybodys burn is there own.something that can be applied to a week in ibiza as well. Stop thinking your idea of a good party is the only one. I challenge you all to spend a week in black rock city....you might all gain some great perspective on individuality and learn to tolerate all the unique individuals that make up a great party.

My only fear is that is u are like all the other rowdy drunk brits that have been flowing into burning man trashing the playa and disrespecting others. If thats you please stay away.

I have really tried to be pleasant and debate a difference of opinion in a positive manner. It is unfortunate you haven't been able to do the same. As said, some people will and some people won't get it. I hope you enjoy your holiday when you do visit.

Wait, so you are trying to make a point about how video ruins a party, by posting a video...of a party. Lol well done.

Not sure why you clowns conclude thqt i must be a youngster for wanting to take video. Im quite old and rather seasoned. Ive been to parties all around the world and been djing and producing parties in LA for the last 10 years.

One thing ive taken from my last 6 years of building camps at burning man, is that everybodys burn is there own.something that can be applied to a week in ibiza as well. Stop thinking your idea of a good party is the only one. I challenge you all to spend a week in black rock city....you might all gain some great perspective on individuality and learn to tolerate all the unique individuals that make up a great party.

My only fear is that is u are like all the other rowdy drunk brits that have been flowing into burning man trashing the playa and disrespecting others. If thats you please stay away.

Please just stay at bpm...

Oh so you're also one of those dicks running around Burning Man and BPM with a selfie stick. I'm gonna let you in on a secret, everyone hates you. Let the professionals handle the video, I'm begging.

Oh so you're also one of those dicks running around Burning Man and BPM with a selfie stick. I'm gonna let you in on a secret, everyone hates you. Let the professionals handle the video, I'm begging.
Give him some credit hes been a dj in LA for over 10 years he said :rolleyes::rolleyes: i guess the same way paris hilton and snoop dog are djs ;)

I have to admit that i hate that this thread took a negative turn. I guess the reason i got so defensive was that most of you seem to associate the go/pro selfie shit with some young edm douchebag, as if the techno scene is somehow above it. Im in day 3 of detroit's movement festival and i have seen plenty of wanker wands. And guess what, crowd is still rocking and everybody seems to still be able to have a great time and let people get the videos. If any of you took the time to get to know me deeper than a few posts in some forum, you would quickly realize concluding im some young edm douchebag couldnt be further from the truth and you might find that we have much more in common than you think.

I was just looking for a bit of information, clearlry you all are stuck in the "parties were so much better back in the day" school of thought, and believe me i get that.

Needless to say that i will prob leave the stick in the hotel room as i certainly would not want to be ruining anybodys evening at the sacred cocoon party. Of course i will think of you amazing people when i see people during papa sven's set holding up their cameras recording. Perhaps i will even laugh at them and let them know everybody secretly hates them, suggest they go see paris hilton instead, and remind them that they are killing the vibe of the party, which was so much better in the 90's... Just so i know how it feels to pass judgement on a complete stranger who may have saved money all year to fly halfway across the world to be there at that very moment and might want to refresh his memory when he is 60 years old on his amazing holiday in ibiza.

Thank you all for the feedback... Except the guy who asked if i would kill myself. f*** that guy.

Last edited:

I assure you, there are few people in brc that hate me. Ive gone into the city a week early for the last 6 years and built the music savages sound camp from the ground up. We've hosted everything from jamie jone's paradise party to desyn massiello sunrise sets. Served the our nieghbors ice cold mimosas and provided many other contributions to the community above just an amazing party palace. Ive experience zero hatrid from the residents of black rock city, and if there are others that do it in secret than i feel even more sorry for them than i do for you.

image.jpg
Thought this was quite amusing . This is by no means intended at you lakid , just a funny pic I googled that we can hopefully all have a chuckle over .
Sincerely hope you enjoy your visit to the white isle . I'm flying to the wonderful island tommorow , so I'm in good spirits . :D
See u all out there !

I am getting seriously bored of this thread.

You guys are just bashing heads.

Enjoy you selfie sticks on holiday, round the beach, outside the club, down the markets maybe even on a boat party.

However for inside a club put it away. Take a quick 30 second clip on your normal camera phone at the very start of the set then allow the party to continue with your recording devices in your bag, pocket or wherever you decide to stick it up.

If find the go pros sbd selfi sticks unbelievable annoying! I was in Pacha watching Steve Aoki last year with my gf!
We where jumping dancing around enjoying our selfs like you thought people went there to have fun but!
Every 5 min there was someone standing next to us with a ducking go pro just standing recording the set! Turn every now and they they would lol at you as if you where doing something wrong!
hate them you pay ..... To get in and I'm going in to dance and enjoy my self

LAkid - it's just how it is this side of the Atlantic, selfie sticks just really aren't welcome in a lot of places, and frowned upon by anyone with half a brain (in my opinion). Festivals, clubs, even 'soccer' stadiums are feeling the need to actually BAN the things, and rightly so.

As for Ibiza, don't you think it's better to see hundreds of hands up in the air rather than hundreds of iPhones and their flashlights? YouTube is littered with crappy footage of big club moments, sit-downs and the like, of it 'going off', where really half the people are messing around on their phones then jumping up 2 bars before the drop and ruining what could be a really good ace moment.

I'm sure you'll find that most people will have no problem with the odd photo, but selfie sticks, go pros, and filming really isn't what it's all about.

Last edited:
I assure you, there are few people in brc that hate me. Ive gone into the city a week early for the last 6 years and built the music savages sound camp from the ground up. We've hosted everything from jamie jone's paradise party to desyn massiello sunrise sets. Served the our nieghbors ice cold mimosas and provided many other contributions to the community above just an amazing party palace. Ive experience zero hatrid from the residents of black rock city, and if there are others that do it in secret than i feel even more sorry for them than i do for you.

This is just gold, bwahaha.

But I assure you, if you walk around with a selfie stick at BM and BPM, I'd say 90% of the people there think you are a douche. I'm sorry I had to be the one to break the news to you.

tumblr_noprrkU0cM1s02vreo1_400.gif
tumblr_noprrkU0cM1s02vreo2_400.gif
tumblr_noprrkU0cM1s02vreo3_400.gif
tumblr_noprrkU0cM1s02vreo4_400.gif
tumblr_noprrkU0cM1s02vreo5_400.gif
tumblr_noprrkU0cM1s02vreo6_400.gif

I think it boils down to the fact that most people would rather not be filmed when off their chops trying to have a good time.

Plus, who honestly wants to walk around a club with a f***ing golf club stuck in their shorts?

This is just gold, bwahaha.

But I assure you, if you walk around with a selfie stick at BM and BPM, I'd say 90% of the people there think you are a douche. I'm sorry I had to be the one to break the news to you.

Well then, its a good thing i could give two shits about what anybody secretly thinks of me. The question was are they allowed

i've never once heard anybody come home from a week on the playa and complain about the guy filming and how he was ruining the party. :)

I think it boils down to the fact that most people would rather not be filmed when off their chops trying to have a good time.

Plus, who honestly wants to walk around a club with a f***ing golf club stuck in their shorts?

Totally agree with that. Clubs should be a place where people can let loose and that's significantly harder if you have a camera pointed at you half the f**ing time.

Besides it was already mentioned that it just kills the vibe on a dance floor if half the people are just standing around making videos.
Guess it wouldn't be a fun party if it's done by 100% would it?

I don't mind people take a few pictures to have a memory, or professionals who respect the privacy of people, but else it does annoy me.
Especially as a lot of the selfie/photo/video folk are totally rude pushing people arround to get their picture/video from the "perfect" spot ...

If find the go pros sbd selfi sticks unbelievable annoying! I was in Pacha watching Steve Aoki last year with my gf!
We where jumping dancing around enjoying our selfs like you thought people went there to have fun but!
Every 5 min there was someone standing next to us with a ducking go pro just standing recording the set! Turn every now and they they would lol at you as if you where doing something wrong!
hate them you pay ..... To get in and I'm going in to dance and enjoy my self
Happened the same at departures!!! My gf won a guestlist here on spotlight so went there to see how it was ( never attended an edm party before )
There were 5-6 stupid girls in front of the stage literally standing in the middle of the crowd recording the swedish duo...no dancing - no jumping - no smiling
I was appreciating the moment too...while they were angry pushing people..a total nonsense

Last weekend went to a club in Milan ( baer and blawan were playing there )
It was so dark you couldn't film or take anything

Everyone jumping and dancing till the end!!! This is what Jamie wrote sunday morning after the party

NegOpnC.jpg

Totally agree with that. Clubs should be a place where people can let loose and that's significantly harder if you have a camera pointed at you half the f**ing time.

Besides it was already mentioned that it just kills the vibe on a dance floor if half the people are just standing around making videos.
Guess it wouldn't be a fun party if it's done by 100% would it?

I don't mind people take a few pictures to have a memory, or professionals who respect the privacy of people, but else it does annoy me.
Especially as a lot of the selfie/photo/video folk are totally rude pushing people arround to get their picture/video from the "perfect" spot ...
You know what bothers me? Sweaty drunk ass with his shirt off bouncing around jumping into people like hes the only one on the dance floor. Or even more? Guy dancing around a packed dance floor with a ciggrette blowing it in your face or even ashing on you. Diesrespectful people can be doing anything. You can politely capture a video without bothering anybody. Ive left a club/festival many more times thinking about those f***ers then somebody filming. Sure those same people can be annoying by filming, i guess. Doesnt mean you cant film and not being annoying. The action itself isnt really directly affecting you and can be done quickly and politely.

Back