El bigotes at Cala Mastella

it was the husband of the owner's daughter (I can't find the english term for this). son in law?

very sad indeed! :(

morbs - I think the one died wasn't the actual mustache guy (but mackie will confirm)

as for wicked bullit de peix, check out s'espartar on the road to cala tarida. by far not as great a venue as el bigote, but the bullit is out of this world (IMO).
Ya, I gathered that from reading Mackie's article.

Thanks for the recommendation. Duly noted!

But back to El Bigote, I hope this guys family will be OK.

Terrible news. El Bigote is one of the true Ibiza experiences. The location, the setting, the family and the food are all an absolute joy. There aren't many places where the chef will go out fishing every day and catch the fish they will later personally cook for their guests. Sympathies to the family and I hope they find some way to carry on.

Gutted to hear this - was hoping to go back this year. Really hope they find a way through - terrible way to go - seems he gave his life for his work, quite literally !

- you can still find the actual "mustache guy" sitting there, having lunch with everybody else
- the new chef is around 35 years old (probably husband of the deceased chef's daughter, but i can't confirm this)
- the bullit de peix is as good as usual; the arroz a banda they serve later could be a wee bit better imho (every place do it a bit different but it tends to be dry-ish and a bit salty... to me this one is more like a very nice rice and seafood soup)
- make sure you book well ahead *
- i still love this place and its genuine charm

* except if you go with kimajy, in that case (even if it's fully booked) leave it to him and his magic powers!!!

... and if you come by boat make sure it isn't too big or you'll have to swim for your lunch ;)

11013147_941286529271333_5376530407629755071_n.jpg

11351137_941741719225814_7257753529652517541_n.jpg

can't believe this dirtyrotten bastid kimajy is in ibiza right fckng now :mad: :twisted:

- make sure you book well ahead *

* except if you go with kimajy, in that case (even if it's fully booked) leave it to him and his magic powers!!!

Wow, better than Don Juan Carlos

The restaurant owner is famous for turning away King Juan Carlos of Spain. Legend (?)

don't be shy ... why not post some piccies of kimajy and you ?? :D :twisted:

Sad news! :( :(

Can't believe I started this thread 8 years ago!

I will be in Ibiza at the end of July and hoping to go again. Never been to Ibiza end of July.... will a week in advance for a reso be enough?

Back