Scuba Diving in Ibiza?

lr10

Hi, couldn't find any information about scuba diving in Ibiza? Can someone recommend a good company and the best spots?
Thank you guys!

either scubaibiza in marina botafoch if you wanna dive sites that aren't too far from ibiza town / pdb (such as dado pequeño and the don pedro wreck for example).

or, and that's my fave, orcasub in cala tarida. they do a lot of great dive sites around es vedrà.

all depends on what you like!

What kind of stuff do you see on a dive? Do you get the masks and oxygen tanks or hold your breath?
I have a bit of a phobia of this stuff but would love to try it soon, scared a shark will attack :lol:

I presume it will be no different this year ? The Dive companies visit some of the hotels and offer free intro test dive in the hotel swimming pool (mask, bottle,etc) Be worth contacting them to see if yours is included or you can go to another one ? It's a good way to find out if your head can handle "underwater" Other than that I know Punta dive will pick you up, Not sure if it would be for a freeby or you would have to take some sort of course ?
I did their 1/2 day discover diving course a few years back but everyone's is basically the same all around the world (I was going to do open water but my ears do not play nice) Instruction & a Video first on the basics & kit, Shark resistant suit on and off down to the Sea , Cala Martina in my case, The beach is a nice gentle slope & you wade in up to about your chest, Spend a while there getting used to your equipment & start putting your head under, Get used to being under water, losing mask, emergency air, breathing & buoyancy, (You can walk away at any time if you do not like it) After the Instructor is happy with you, You swim out a little, only about 15m offshore, Maximum depth is about 6m so even if it does go all pete tong you can swim to surface no problem ( Anyway, you have 2 regulators, done safety briefing & got instructor within a few meters of you)
It's not far out & quite busy so you will not see any of the "bigger" stuff but it is well worth doing, You may see lots of fish, Sea cucumbers, old hippies, Urchins & swimming in the sea grass is like flying through mountains without a plane,
If you get into it the dive company will errr cough cough "offer you" an open water course (This is how they make a living mainly) If you take it, That will be a lot more interesting, We have some good site's so I am told, (Lots of my friends dive, Some are instructors all over world, I only snorkel) The Wreck, swim through's, a lighthouse and many more they waffle on about lol, If you get really into it, Can be a career, As I mentioned, I have friends all over the world that make a living at it, Some of them can barely string two words together most of the time, Can't be that difficult ? can it ? hahaha :)

Tim
ps, Sharks, You are fine there, We had the Japanese in a few months back, Clean up for the season, Anyway they prefer Salinas, Higher quality meat I presume ? :)

Thanks for that, sounds interesting. Do you know how much these cost? Never see a price on the boards as I'm sure they want you to enquire so they can sell it you lol.

I tried some snorkeling and Benirrás was the best! Me and my friend choose the left Coast of Benirras and we make it all snorkeling...from the beach trough that small island in the middle of the sea making the left coast. It was unbelievable. There is a secret cove that you can enter swimming and it's amazing, you can make some cliff jump too. Don't go alone and make sure you are on fit to swim at least 1 hour.

Back