Looking for summer backstage/technical work

Brian P

Hi.
I am looking for work in July -August 2015.
I am a 36 year old backstage professional in a major city.
Last year I worked at 16 different performance spaces, not counting touring.
My specialty is lighting, but I am also competent in audio and video production too.
I can run and program just about any light board, use computer drafting with Vectorworks/Lightwright, run follow spots, and am a certified field technician with Martin and High End Systems intelligent lighting fixtures.
Currently I am a lighting and sound supervisor at 2 venues and lead a crew of about 8 other professionals daily. We usually do 5 shows a year lasting a few months at a time with 200-300 lights per show.
I recently also completed a master class for Edm Lighting and projection design.

For Video, i am very good at Video wall set ups and can run basic switchers. I have been on very large scale video projects for many artists over the past 5 or so years and am comfortable with most aspects of video aside from content creation.

I have also worked in concert venues for audio as well as smaller hotel conference set ups. I am capable of running smaller digital (yamaha) and analog mixers and set up wireless mic systems and operate programs such as Qlab as well.

I work very hard in my professional life and am fairly clean cut looking.
Ideally I am looking for employment about 3 days a week and want to relax and enjoy the summer other times. I am not a big partier but i do very much enjoy Electronic music and will be able to run any shows passionately as well as smartly.

If there are any specific types of gear I am not trained on, i am happy to get that training myself this spring before i arrive.

I am looking for a company wyho wouldnt mind paying cash in hand.

I have a cv available for any interested parties.

Thanks!

brian, search for 'the shop ibiza', I think they're looking for exactly someone like you!

talk to be@tv too, was talking to a friend of a friend who worked for them for their first few years on the isle

Thank you guys very much for the advice.
I am very interested in finding out more about the shop.
I had the pleasure of briefly speaking with one of the heads there when I was in Ibiza last summer on my birthday (July 31st). Unfortunately that weekend was also one of the busiest of the year and we were never able to connect face to face. I plan on trying to contact them again soon now that it’s a bit quieter.
MiniMarc – is be@tv a name of a member on this forum?
Thank you again for all your help! :)

Thanks again for your advice.
I havent heard back from a few places yet, but I think I found a way to do business without it being in cash, so hopefully that will make the job search easier upon my arrival.

Back