Mike & Claire Manumission's Phantasmagoria

I understood both couples were doing their own things but didn't realise it was that bad.

What's the Twitter account?

Saw this this morning. The article it referred to seems to have been edited though to remove what ever pissed her off.

Saw this this morning. The article it referred to seems to have been edited though to remove what ever pissed her off.

nope it's still there. read the pacha section and you'll see what's wrong...

you know my position on spreading rumours - we simply refrain of it - but if you do, then at least do your homework right!!

would you trust them to plan a trip for you to Ibiza when they get something like that so wrong and anyone with even limited knowledge would know it was wrong?

I originally read it as a typo that it hadn't been supported well by Andy and Dawn, as in they weren't really seen there. Assume I was wrong?

Shame if Ibiza Rocks is dropped, great concept and a decent crowd made it a refreshing change.

'Steve Aoki is rumoured to moving his Wednesday night party to Monday, replacing the Ibiza Rocks House party which would have been more of a success if Mike and Claire McKay had agreed to support it as was originally hoped. Flower Power may also move to another night but much of the schedule is expected to remain the same with Pete Tong rumoured to add a few extra dates at the Club. Solomun while rumored to move to Amnesia, is now expected to remain at the Pacha for 2015 as the Bosnian DJ consolidates his "King in Waiting" position at Pacha.'

Manumisson was all smoke and mirrors really!..Did any body really watch the sex show? Thought it a touch weird myself..Dont mind a mental club Promotion but a bloke banging his mrs near the dance floor ..What did that have to do with.. Brainbug , nightmare , [sinister strings remix] ..Thats why i was there!! ha

That is the one tune that always reminds me of Manumission! Fantastic taste.

I preferred all the weird shit that went on away from the main stage.

nope it's still there. read the pacha section and you'll see what's wrong...

you know my position on spreading rumours - we simply refrain of it - but if you do, then at least do your homework right!!

Oh yeah, thanks to the magic of google cache I see it.

Storm and Teacup shit that.

Claire Manumission on April 1st:

My dad joined the merchant navy and set forth on his maiden voyage in his late teens, his first port of call was Ibiza, he drank a local liquor made of herbs (hierbas) and never forgot that special Mediterranean port... Arriving on this precious island myself at 19 years of age I truly felt my calling... I devoted the next 20 raucous years of my life to the freedom and love that resonated from our sweet island Ibiza... But now sadly I feel we have to move on, and say goodbye to our empyrean paradise... 20 years is a Godsend... We are forever thankful but mindful that all the love, happiness, heartbreak and heartache will guide us through the next chapter in our lives... xxx to all of you with the power to help protect the island... please use that power wisely, the island is a gift, I am just afraid you cannot see it... x In the disco realm of Derren Smart we can but hope to Carry On.. With love and respect, eternally... xxx

Claire Manumission today:

Thank you all for your beautiful messages of hope and love and appreciation…
I do have a wicked sense of humour but alas my previous statement about us leaving Ibiza was not an April fools.
Back in the day the freedom loving people of Ibiza used to hide their wealth as to display it was seen as vulgar, Antony Hopkins would sit undisturbed on the sand at Salinas, aristocrats would leave their chauffeurs and expensive cars behind and drive around in beaten up Seat Ibiza's so as not to stand out for the wrong reasons. Everyone was naked on the beach, everyone was equal - well almost ; ) But you stood out for what you gave, what you bought to the party, who you were, not how much money you had.
We do fear the spirit of freedom we long enjoyed on the island is slipping away, along with many of the great people we have known and loved. We wonder if catering for the vacuous 'VIP' culture is what Tanit the Goddess of sexuality or Bes the God of dance really had in mind for the future of this island Ibiza!? Perhaps David Levy summed it up when he said to Mike "Your problem is you have integrity!"
Anyone who has worked with us will know that what we did we did for the love. Our mission was to bring people to this earthly paradise, and give them the time of their lives once we had them here. Making so many people from so many cultures happy under one roof at one time in a troubled world was a true blessing. Thank you to everyone who shared the love… And as our great friend and righthand man Johnny Golden put it, onwards and upwards… xxx

Just do what I've doing since 1997. Don't go to the f#cking clubs..I still have a great time every year.

Last edited:
Back